17 replies to this topic

#1 HotCross435

HotCross435

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts

Posted 21 January 2006 - 04:27 PM

Well i was looking for a tv and i came across a 52" Mitsubishi DLP Diamond Series TV. I don't know alot about tvs and i was wondering if these are really good.

#2 Mjkthirdeye

Mjkthirdeye

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,444 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 21 January 2006 - 04:43 PM

Uhhh most definately... They are very nice projection tvs.

#3 Ballz2TheWallz

Ballz2TheWallz

X-S Freak

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,505 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 21 January 2006 - 05:04 PM

no hold off on DLP, led dlp and SED are right around the corner.......do you really wanna replace a $300 lightbulb every year and have a chance at noticing rainbow effect and being displeased with your purchase in the future?

#4 slcsnkman

slcsnkman

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted 21 January 2006 - 05:07 PM

QUOTE(Ballz2TheWallz @ Jan 21 2006, 09:11 AM) View Post

no hold off on DLP, led dlp and SED are right around the corner.......do you really wanna replace a $300 lightbulb every year and have a chance at noticing rainbow effect and being displeased with your purchase in the future?

uuhhh HUH? I have a mitsubishi HD TV rear projection..Ive had it for 3 years..NO RAINBOW and have not had to replace the bulb and the picture is amazing. Dont give out misleading information. DLP's are mentioned most with rainbow and it takes several years before bulb replacement is needed.

Dude...go with the TV..you will love it

Edited by slcsnkman, 21 January 2006 - 05:08 PM.

#5 Mjkthirdeye

Mjkthirdeye

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,444 posts

Posted 21 January 2006 - 05:17 PM

Just for good measure, here is a pic of one with an x360 hooked up...

IPB Image

It is from the setups post, I forgot whose it was though.

Edited by Mjkthirdeye, 21 January 2006 - 05:18 PM.

#6 Lerxst

Lerxst

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 447 posts
  • Interests:UNIX

Posted 21 January 2006 - 05:24 PM

QUOTE(Mjkthirdeye @ Jan 21 2006, 10:24 AM) View Post

Just for good measure, here is a pic of one with an x360 hooked up...
IPB Image

It is from the setups post, I forgot whose it was though.

It's mine. smile.gif

QUOTE(HotCross435 @ Jan 21 2006, 09:34 AM) View Post

Well i was looking for a tv and i came across a 52" Mitsubishi DLP Diamond Series TV. I don't know alot about tvs and i was wondering if these are really good.

Yes you should buy one - It's one of the best looking DLP's around and you can get a good deal on the 52825's as they are an older model but still blow away just about anything I've seen biggrin.gif

I'm very happy with mine

~Lerxst

Edited by Lerxst, 21 January 2006 - 05:25 PM.

#7 HotCross435

HotCross435

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts

Posted 21 January 2006 - 05:42 PM

alright, ill probably be getting one soon.

#8 Ballz2TheWallz

Ballz2TheWallz

X-S Freak

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,505 posts

Posted 21 January 2006 - 07:48 PM

sorry but with MY tv usuage my bulb would be out in a year.....sorry my tv isnt on for only a couple hours a day

but oh well have fun with your dlp hope you like whiny motor bulb replacement and rainbows

just because its rear projection doesnt make it DLP, 3years ago? its probably a CRTRP...which dont use bulbs

Edited by Ballz2TheWallz, 21 January 2006 - 07:50 PM.

#9 slcsnkman

slcsnkman

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted 21 January 2006 - 08:53 PM

QUOTE(Ballz2TheWallz @ Jan 21 2006, 11:55 AM) View Post

sorry but with MY tv usuage my bulb would be out in a year.....sorry my tv isnt on for only a couple hours a day
but oh well have fun with your dlp hope you like whiny motor bulb replacement and rainbows

just because its rear projection doesnt make it DLP, 3years ago? its probably a CRTRP...which dont use bulbs

Your trying to be a dick arent you

#10 Lerxst

Lerxst

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 447 posts
  • Interests:UNIX

Posted 21 January 2006 - 09:22 PM

QUOTE(Ballz2TheWallz @ Jan 21 2006, 10:11 AM) View Post

You are somewhat correct in saying that it costs $300 to change the bulb, but you failed to mention that $100-$150 of that is a core charge for the cradle. If you are handy, you can just buy the bulb and change it without any core charge for much less.

The Mitsu's use bulbs, and the bulb does not need to be changed every year. This is a high end model which does not typically suffer from the "rainbow effect" I see no rainbows with this DLP.

You seem to be mis-informed.

#11 Ballz2TheWallz

Ballz2TheWallz

X-S Freak

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,505 posts

Posted 22 January 2006 - 01:08 AM

QUOTE(slcsnkman @ Jan 21 2006, 09:00 PM) View Post

Your trying to be a dick arent you

pretty much...i cant really understand why someone whos going to buy a "high end" dlp cant wait a couple months for "high end" LED based sets that are supposed to be cured of rainbow effects

#12 ILLusions0fGrander

ILLusions0fGrander

third echelon agent

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,500 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 22 January 2006 - 04:15 AM

im sure the inital price is going to be extreme in comparison to DLP

#13 Ballz2TheWallz

Ballz2TheWallz

X-S Freak

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,505 posts

Posted 22 January 2006 - 05:20 AM

QUOTE(ILLusions0fGrander @ Jan 22 2006, 04:22 AM) View Post

im sure the inital price is going to be extreme in comparison to DLP

wow the initial price of DLP is going to be extreme compared DLP? i AM talking about dlp sets ya know

#14 Mjkthirdeye

Mjkthirdeye

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,444 posts

Posted 22 January 2006 - 07:41 AM

QUOTE(Ballz2TheWallz @ Jan 21 2006, 10:27 PM) View Post

wow the initial price of DLP is going to be extreme compared DLP? i AM talking about dlp sets ya know

That doesn't mean anything. It's new technology, so they will make people pay for the "NEW" technology no matter how simple and cost effective. Just because they can throw the acronym "led" in there, they can also toss in another 400-500 just for the technology name alone. LED Dlps will be expensive as hell in first months of production, I guarantee you. As will SEDs for that matter. Those mitsu diamonds are one of the best projection tvs around.

#15 CKwik240

CKwik240

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 22 January 2006 - 11:06 AM

QUOTE(Ballz2TheWallz @ Jan 21 2006, 10:55 AM) View Post

Modern DLP's don't have problems with rainbows. The rainbow problem was detected mostly in projectors, and in some cases of early rear projection DLP's. Even then few people could see it. Older models use color wheels with 1 set of 3 colors. Current models use color wheels with 2 sets of three colors and spin the color wheel at twice the speed. This effectively increases the color wheel frequency by 4 compared to the early models. As a result, it would be rare for any person to actually detect a rainbow effect on a newer model.

And if you have the money to dish out for a 3 DLP unit, you will have no rainbow effect as there is no color wheel. Only a light that is separated into the 3 colors by a prism then cast onto the screen through 3 seperate DLP chips.

While the rainbow effect was at one time a real issue for some, the technology has improved and is rarely an issue. For all your ranting about new technology, I would have hoped you might have been more aware of the progression of DLP technology.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users