• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 pigskins

pigskins

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 January 2006 - 02:36 AM

I wish I had seen this place before I ordered. My v1.0 xbox has the lpc holes filled in. My first few attempts at getting this chip to work were unsuccessful. I am not even getting a blue led. So I cleaned out the holes to make a better connection, and now the xbox (with the chip in or out) turns on, then turns off, then turns on, then turns off, then turns on with a blinking orange/yellow light. At this point the power button does nothing and I have to pull the plug. I did remove the motherboard in order to clean the holes. I checked and rechecked my connections, did I miss something?

#2 HackDaBox

HackDaBox

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,783 posts
  • Interests:XBOX-SCENE
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 22 January 2006 - 04:05 AM

OK. Remove the damn xbox killer ( i mean spidergx ) and if it doesn't turn on then you have flicked or splashed some solder onto the motherboard ( somewhere ohmy.gif ) that is causing the frag or you have damaged the D0 via when trying to insert the spider wire.

Use a magnifying glass and a torch or light and check the entire motherboard for a tiny blob or splash of solder that is causing the problem , start looking near the LPC holes and work outwards ( take your time! )

If you can't fix the motherboard then take it to a local modchip installer and get them to fix the motherboard and solder in a decent chip for you !

HackDaBox !

Edited by HackDaBox, 22 January 2006 - 04:07 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users