misterhoangdai

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,145 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 22 January 2006 - 03:23 AM

Hey guys,

I've been using XBMC for a long time now and have never had to do anything fancy to be able to stream movies to my xbox. All i had to do was set the folders I wanted to share on my PC and I was done. For some reason I am having trouble streaming from my PC through the workgroup. I am using the latest version of XBMC that came out a few days ago.

My network shows up on the menu but when I select my computer to connect to, it says that my computer name is invalid. whats weird is the xbox will connect to another computer on my network just fine. I've tried searching and I ran into something about editing some lines but this was for SMB. Any help at all will be appreciated. Thank you for your guys' time!

#2 misterhoangdai

misterhoangdai

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,145 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 23 January 2006 - 09:27 PM

bump.

#3 willpower101

willpower101

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 129 posts

Posted 04 April 2006 - 03:17 AM

this is some sort of bug that no one seems to be able to answer. I have this problem sporractically on all four xbox's running media center full time in my house. No idea how to fix it except for clear the cash and let the xbox sit for about a half hour, then it can find the work group. Seems like it may be a bug with refreshing the routing tables inside the xbmc software. I've submitted the bug, but noone can seem to replicate it.

#4 LycoLoco

LycoLoco

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 75 posts

Posted 05 April 2006 - 05:34 AM

I too have had this problem, and I finally got sick of it. I've actually given XBMC the IP address of the computer on the network. Under each section (video, movies, etc) you should be able to add a share. Do that and give it your IP address. Since doing that i've never had any problems.

#5 imamafackinhokie

imamafackinhokie

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,452 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 05 April 2006 - 02:18 PM

yeah i had this problem as well with the last few releases so i just set it in the bookmarks - heres something i wrote a last night for someone elses post.

QUOTE(imamafackinhokie @ Apr 4 2006, 11:31 PM) View Post

I dont take credit for this - just mirroring it.

http://filebox.vt.ed...Guide_by_Rockj/

And for the last part, instead of config.xml change the xboxmediacenter.xml to adding a bookmark of

CODE
     <bookmark>
            <name>C Drive Computer</name>
            <path>smb://username:password@192.168.x.x/C</path>
        </bookmark>

or delete your xbmc game save, and see if that will solve your problem if you dont want to take this route. blink.gif

#6 willpower101

willpower101

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 129 posts

Posted 06 April 2006 - 02:28 AM

Ahh, it does seems that would fix it. Haven't tried yet, I used to mess around with those xml's before autodiscover. Even so, that's a workaround, not a fix. I have 7 computers in my house belonging to different people. It's just impractical to have to up date the xml on every one of the xbox's we have running every time the router give's out a new ip. I know, static right? Well, with things changing alot that's not always possible.

still looking for a fix.

#7 imamafackinhokie

imamafackinhokie

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,452 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 06 April 2006 - 03:42 AM

did you delete your gamesave of xbox media center?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users