Strawboy

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 22 January 2006 - 06:23 AM

Hey, If I have the Windows 95 Disk, can I just pop that into the xbox and install it somehow?

#2 wtk pro l

wtk pro l

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 122 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 22 January 2006 - 06:27 AM

nevermind. posted something stupid

Edited by wtk pro l, 22 January 2006 - 06:30 AM.

#3 deadparrot

deadparrot

X-S Messiah

• Head Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,300 posts

Posted 22 January 2006 - 06:45 PM

QUOTE(Strawboy @ Jan 22 2006, 05:30 AM) View Post

Hey, If I have the Windows 95 Disk, can I just pop that into the xbox and install it somehow?

Uhh... No.

#4 Strawboy

Strawboy

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts

Posted 23 January 2006 - 05:42 AM

Alright, yea I guess I know you can't do that, I was just kind of thinking someone would just give me an idea of how to do it? sorry for the misunderstanding, let me put it in a more specific question.

I have Windows 95 install disk, or I am sure I can find Windows 95 online somewhere, what I am looking to do is install it on the xbox, now there are topics here about 98 and 2000d and what not, and there is another topic in in the back of this forum about it, but is not finished, so does anybody know of a process in which I am able to have windows 95 onto my xbox? "Obviously" I can't just boot it from the Xbox, but maybe through linux or some other program. Thanks you. Maybe yall can take me seriously now.

#5 halofun121

halofun121

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 210 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 23 January 2006 - 10:13 PM

QUOTE(Strawboy @ Jan 22 2006, 11:49 PM) View Post

Alright, yea I guess I know you can't do that, I was just kind of thinking someone would just give me an idea of how to do it? sorry for the misunderstanding, let me put it in a more specific question.

I have Windows 95 install disk, or I am sure I can find Windows 95 online somewhere, what I am looking to do is install it on the xbox, now there are topics here about 98 and 2000d and what not, and there is another topic in in the back of this forum about it, but is not finished, so does anybody know of a process in which I am able to have windows 95 onto my xbox? "Obviously" I can't just boot it from the Xbox, but maybe through linux or some other program. Thanks you. Maybe yall can take me seriously now.

You can run Linux and then run an emulator like qemu. There was a tutorial a while back for it. I reccomend X-DSL for this task since it isn't as much of a RAM hog as the other Xbox-Linuxs. You could also use bochsx(a port of the Bochs emulator to xbox) but it'd be even slower I hear.

#6 Tonestyl

Tonestyl

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 January 2006 - 05:10 AM

Yeah, an X86 Emulator would be the best way to go on this one. There is no way you would be able to get any of the Xbox hardware working under windows 95 due to complete and total lack of driver support.

Edited by Tonestyl, 24 January 2006 - 05:11 AM.

#7 Strawboy

Strawboy

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts

Posted 24 January 2006 - 05:55 AM

So I am not sure what to conclude from these posts.

My main objective is to play windows 95 games that I have CDs for, because they won't work any computers in my house because they are all too new. If I did however get this linux through with Qemu or whatever other stuff they have out, and I was able to play my old windows 95 games, would it be worth it do you think? anybody? thanks

#8 deadparrot

deadparrot

X-S Messiah

• Head Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,300 posts

Posted 24 January 2006 - 05:48 PM

You could always run them in "Compatability Mode" in XP. It would be a hell of a lot better than running them on the Xbox.

#9 Tonestyl

Tonestyl

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 January 2006 - 10:47 PM

You can use Qemu on your regular Windows PC to do the same job and it will probably run faster (Depending on your system specs.) Plus, it will be a lot less of a hassel. There is a bit of a learning curve but the site has pleanty of documentation to read for help. http://fabrice.bellard.free.fr/qemu/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users