• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts
  • Interests:XBOX
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:none

Posted 23 January 2006 - 02:40 AM

Hello there. I went to xbins>xbox>bios>original

I downloaded that whole folder. I want to flash this to my duox2 lite! If someone could tell me how and if these bios will work with live(not get banned). That would be great THANK YOU!

#2 deadparrot

deadparrot

X-S Messiah

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,300 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 23 January 2006 - 05:14 PM

Why would you need to do that? Just boot with the chip off and the original BIOS is loaded from the TSOP.

#3 nickb834

nickb834

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 183 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:none

Posted 23 January 2006 - 05:37 PM

QUOTE(Nugwin @ Jan 23 2006, 03:47 AM) View Post

Hello there. I went to xbins>xbox>bios>original
I downloaded that whole folder. I want to flash this to my duox2 lite! If someone could tell me how and if these bios will work with live(not get banned). That would be great THANK YOU!

I think you'll get banned on Live anyway even if you can flash an original bios onto a modchip, and your Xbox still boots.

I suspect it won't boot however as I think it needs to be a debug based BIOS to boot over the LPC bus.

Also with the duoX2 lites it is awkward to boot with the chip off as they don't have external switches, I think your best bet if you wanna go on live and still play backup games when using your modchip is bin the Duo and buy an Xecuter with external switches, or, wire up your own switch and parallel it off the DuoX2's switch on the chip itself.

If you can't boot off the original TSOP with the modchip off then I'd suggest flashing the TSOP again (If that's what has happened) with the original MS Bios.

Edited by nickb834, 23 January 2006 - 05:39 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users