HD free space and temperatures in skin

#212 DarkCounter

DarkCounter

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

Posted 03 December 2003 - 03:37 PM

-An option in the file manager to mark/unmark all files/folders (like in boxplorer) would be very useful.

-Also an option to see the size of a dir (Like "Calculate used space" in boxplorer).

-When copying files with more than 42 characters from DVD to HDD an option to rename the files or to skip transfer would be nice.

DC

#213 azzi

azzi

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 52 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 04 December 2003 - 03:07 AM

Yeah, I know QUIX does it, But I'm lazy !

The Game Managment section on QUIX is great, but can it be added to the Avalaunch Dash?

That way, games can be kept on a network share and you can add and delete whenever the need takes you.

Oh and Free HDD space with an ERROR if not enough rather than just copying until the HDD is full and giving NO errors.

#214 chevi

chevi

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 61 posts

Posted 05 December 2003 - 02:35 PM

In File manager it would be usefull to use Y button to mark/unmark files/folders so to erase some folders we donīt have to make it one by one

When renaming files, the right thumbstick could be used to move thtough the name of the file so we donīt have to delete the .xbe, change name and write .xbe again

thanks for your hard work smile.gif

#215 kdh812

kdh812

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 06 December 2003 - 12:41 AM

I want Supporting WMA music.
And I think that Supporting MS dash jukebox(E:Tdata/fffe0000) is the best smile.gif

#216 AlCapone

AlCapone

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 100 posts

Posted 06 December 2003 - 09:09 AM

>>I want Supporting WMA music

I would call that a waste of time,
that is, supporting a crappy, DRM infected, propietary protocol you never can trust.

#217 KanadaKid

KanadaKid

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 56 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 06 December 2003 - 05:35 PM

What about a quick Copy Disk option. Something like in UnleashX, in the file manager menu. One that bases the folder name from the xbe title.

And like a few others mentioned, the ability to check the size on a folder or multiple folders (ala boxplorer "Check Used Space").

#218 hydraulix

hydraulix

X-S X-perience

• PipPip
  • 393 posts

Posted 06 December 2003 - 08:37 PM

QUOTE (AlCapone @ Dec 6 2003, 11:09 AM)
>>I want Supporting WMA music

I would call that a waste of time,
that is, supporting a crappy, DRM infected, propietary protocol you never can trust.

What you dont realize is that a ton of xbox users already have large wma music collections uploaded to thier xbox. Other dash's such as the original MS dash/ Hacked dash, MXM, and UnleashX, all utilize the internal WMA soundtracks already stored on the xbox. There is more than one reason for wanting this feature. You will be able to streamline things, these soundtracks are not only listened to in the dash, but also listened to in games. Why have 2 seperate music collections taking up double the space? Besides, there is much less compression and artifacting ripping with 128k WMA than there is 128k mp3 codecs from an original source (not mp3 to wma conversion). Doesnt make much sense, although it does make sense to have mp3 capability. Perhaps a dual option would be appropriate.

#219 zerovandez

zerovandez

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 139 posts

Posted 09 December 2003 - 09:47 PM

How about...video skins like in MXM?! If that were to be developed...it'd be the shit!

#220 xionanx

xionanx

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 166 posts

Posted 10 December 2003 - 01:44 PM

Although it is stated on the first page of this topic that they won't implement WMA, it does make sense to me to at least support it for those who don't want to waste HD space on MP3's that can't be played by games.

Another suggestion that I see is these forums that I think would be a great idea is file sharing. Although I don't necessarily believe it should be a feature built into AVA. I think it would be better to write a stand alone app that people could run to "share" their apps via the xbox, NO PC INVOLVED. Set it up similar to emule or overnet, with some torrent thrown in. (I'm invisioning a list of apps maintained by their authors/trusted sources. Users would select the app they want installed and it would D/L torrent style to their xbox, then unzip in the appropirate directory. Using this method would PREVENT game sharing, and faked/modified apps.) As an xbox only community, everyone "should" have broadband connections, so that will eliminate a lot of the slow connection issues of other PC file sharing services. It would greatly reduce the dependency on xbins, and could help a lot of the other suggestions about "auto downloading/installing apps" .

I would also like to point out that some of the "Good Ideas" need to be moved to "Suggestions that we have implemented" For instance:

**Some Utility To Import Your Own Skins For AvaLaunch
**using own screenshots or videos for game icons
** ISO 9660 Fat System support in the File Browser. (I'm fairly positive this has been implemented)
** A Built In Online Gaming App That Will Support The Commonly Used X-Box Live Gaming HeadSet. (IP Phone isn't really a "Gaming app", but it is built in and supports the XBOX communicator)

And other features should be moved to a new section called "Bad Ideas". Things like:

** In Game Reset Triggers. (anyone not using an executor bios with ava is just being silly, and IGR has done nothing but cause problems for evox users)

Anyway, keep up the good work guys!

#221 AlCapone

AlCapone

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 100 posts

Posted 13 December 2003 - 05:13 PM

Please add a FTP command that would make it possible to "remote control" Avalaunch to execute an .XBE
(for use with home automation)

thnx

#222 Ed_209

Ed_209

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 252 posts
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 13 December 2003 - 08:10 PM

Not sure if the ava team is even reading any of these hundreds of suggestions...but I would REALLY like to see an "xbox game saves manager" where you can easily see what gamesaves you have AND the ability to trade gamesaves to other xboxes through FTP. I have two xboxes and it would be great to be able to easily send gamesaves to my other xbox without having to dig through the E:TDATA/E:UDATA folders manually. Would it be possible to show the gamename/gameicon by each gamesave similar to the original m$ dash?

Also, I like the suggestion of supporting WMA music from the original m$ dashboard wma directory. I mod xboxes for friends who don't have computers, so they don't have the ability to download mp3s and upload them to their xbox. But they do know how to use the original m$ dash to rip their music cds themselves. Avalaunch seems to be focused on simplicity and ease of use, having dashboard ripped music as it's focus for music makes more sense. Plus all xboxes have the same identical wma folder so it would also make sense to at least include that in the playlist by default along with whatever mp3/wma directory you wish to add.

And one last thing that I would make this dash the best...I really like the ORB 3d sphere look that unleashx has and it would be really cool to support moving 3d backgrounds, transparant textures, the ability to move the placement of the text etc. Yeah I know you don't want to focus on the skinning ability just yet...but the functionality side of avalaunch has all ready exceeded our expectations, now would be a good time to start making it LOOK really good.

This dashboard is mainly my favorite for it's awesome xbox to xbox ftp ability and boost mode/qwix support. Thanks for making such an awesome dash beerchug.gif

#223 XaRaNn

XaRaNn

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 461 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 14 December 2003 - 12:13 AM

only 1 thing, the only thing thats holding me back to upgrade from evolutionX

Chameleon software disable, so i can switch to tsop and play on live from a dash item whitout having to install an ugly switch

#224 ^Blazed^

^Blazed^

Avalaunch Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 268 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 14 December 2003 - 04:30 PM

QUOTE (AlCapone @ Dec 13 2003, 07:13 PM)
Please add a FTP command that would make it possible to "remote control" Avalaunch to execute an .XBE
(for use with home automation)

thnx

SITE LAUNCH <path/filename>

Been there for some time now...

beerchug.gif

#225 AlCapone

AlCapone

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 100 posts

Posted 14 December 2003 - 04:53 PM

QUOTE (^Blazed^ @ Dec 14 2003, 06:30 PM)
SITE LAUNCH <path/filename>

Been there for some time now...

beerchug.gif

dang ! smile.gif

thnx for adding this feature alredy before I asked for it - that's very fast service smile.gif

- btw: how were I supposed to find out about that command (is there any "feature summary" somewhere or ?)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users