#31 MagamiAKO

MagamiAKO

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 72 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 14 June 2003 - 02:23 PM

Of course I've entered the settings menu, but you obviously can't just do that from a CD, can you? Why not have an auto configuration and auto installer on boot from the CD drive that stores settings on the HD instead of reading from a damn xml file on the CD. This solves the problem of first having to modify the xml, burn the CD, boot the CD, ftp to the xbox, copy the CD contents to C, etc.

#32 MagamiAKO

MagamiAKO

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 72 posts

Posted 15 June 2003 - 07:29 PM

Windows File Sharing Support
Windows Universal Plug n Play support - Auto detect the device on the network and auto mount drives :)

#33 !Godzilla

!Godzilla

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 June 2003 - 05:26 AM

I have spent some time creating soundtracks on my box so i can enjoy them on the games that support it. Listening to my soundtracks when ripping DVD's or leeching from my PC would be great. So would shoutcast support.

On another note, is there any chance of anti-aliasing the fonts on the main menu, so they appear smoother? maybe also a moving shadow behind the words instead of the flat yellow look for making your selection.

you guys are doing a great job so keep it up smile.gif

#34 zadaz

zadaz

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 16 June 2003 - 03:35 PM

cd -> ogg ripper (since it open source, and not lisensed like mp3)

#35 xionanx

xionanx

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 166 posts

Posted 17 June 2003 - 03:56 AM

edited becuase reply was no longer relevant

Edited by xionanx, 11 December 2003 - 12:40 PM.

#36 mxlegend99

mxlegend99

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 17 June 2003 - 05:03 AM

QUOTE (mxlegend99 @ Jun 14 2003, 09:21 AM)
My Number 1 Dream Inclusion

USB adapter support for devices like USB CDRWs. Maybe not to be able to burn (would be a cool way to back up your games though wink.gif) but more for the fact of reading normal CDRs in my Thompson Drive. I am not sure how you would go about it, but make it similar to reading ISOs and immitating D: Drive. Just read the contents of the CDR in hte Drive, and make it a virtual D: or something. I know that people with Thompson drives, and any USB CDs of any sort would Love this.

I know its a big ask, but it would be the coolest thing IMO. Especially if it had the ability to burn files too LOL. biggrin.gif

Just wondering, would this be in anyway possible. I beleive it would, so long as USB drivers where created that allowed USB CDs.... and then i dunno how the rest would work but it would really be sick if it could.

#37 Totalled

Totalled

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 23 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 17 June 2003 - 08:58 AM

a built in config.xml editor to take a way the need for the pc for looking after and setting up avalaunch.

#38 Loranga

Loranga

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 86 posts

Posted 17 June 2003 - 09:07 AM

Is it possible to build a dynamic dns client for Avalaunch?

The thing is that I get 5 dynamic ip:s from my 10Mbit ips. I got three computers and the xbox connected to a (old) swith and evry time I want to ftp to the box I have to change the ip to the xbox in the server list in FlashFXP.
I was woundering if is possible to build a dynamic dns client in Avalaunch similarto those at: http://www.dyndns.or...ns/clients.html

Anyway thanks for a GREAT dashboard. beerchug.gif

#39 PENTIUM75

PENTIUM75

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 240 posts

Posted 17 June 2003 - 10:03 AM

first, great dashboard guys, beautiful, a few notes on what to add:

1: I noticed in the information, it tells you about slave and master devices, in conjunction with a no-dvd patched bios, support for a second drive in the xbox ie: a 60gb laptop drive hidden in away in there replacing the dvd drive.

2: ftp server doesnt work well with xiso, always have to boot up evox or xbmp

3: an animated goat the walks across the screen on idle biggrin.gif

4: sounds

again great dash, looking forward to new releases

#40 theplowking

theplowking

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 89 posts

Posted 17 June 2003 - 12:18 PM

how about using Team Assembly's unlocking/locking XBOX HDD code
the source is provided...
also didnt teamX give you the flashx source code????

implement those two things and its goodnight evox
btw great dash

#41 razorrifh

razorrifh

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 596 posts

Posted 18 June 2003 - 04:08 PM

two quick ideas:

1) evox skin compatability when you get done with the ui, and

2) the ability to put a ppf patch in a directory (say, /f/games/game1/default.xbe.ppf) and avalaunch will make a copy of default.xbe, patch it with the ppf patch, and load the patched xbe. that would be good so you dont mess up the original, for noobs so they wouldnt have to patch anything, just ftp over the file and name it to the file that should be patched, and cuz its just 1 more feature for ava biggrin.gif lol

Edited by razorrifh, 18 June 2003 - 04:08 PM.

#42 CraiZEAH

CraiZEAH

X-S X-perience

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 310 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 24 June 2003 - 07:19 AM

-HTTP Server
For configuration and information on the xbox, this would be neat

-IRC Addon
how about being able to share the games off the HDD ? i.e making DCC for ava users possible to send a complete directory, one file per file.
So we could see how big it is in total, file count, kb/s ?
That would be cool for sharing apps between xbox users. and using your own CTCP's for special info it would not display when not in some sort of debug mode.

-News Client
would be cool to add some RSS news feeds, and it scrolling them on top.
Being able to add some manually would be cool smile.gif

-Multitasking
Running Several apps ?! that would rock, thats the next big step xbox dashboards could/would do smile.gif

Thats my grain to the soup, hope some of em will be implemented smile.gif

#43 poiygon

poiygon

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 447 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 24 June 2003 - 03:18 PM

How about a real-time config through a web browser, kind of like a router setup? You type the IP of your XBox up in IE and a little configuration page comes up. From there, you can change your FTP and IRC settings, shutdown/reboot the XBox, check ftp statistics, etc. It would be great for people who use the XBox as a file server. Skin designers wouldn't have to go back and forth between mouse and controller. I'm sure other people could find some use out of it as well.

#44 bombzhome

bombzhome

X-S Enthusiast

• XS-BANNED
  • 0 posts
  • Interests:Xbox, Xbox, and MORE XBOX!
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 25 June 2003 - 12:07 PM

QUOTE (CraiZEAH @ Jun 24 2003, 04:19 AM)
-HTTP Server
For configuration and information on the xbox, this would be neat

-IRC Addon
how about being able to share the games off the HDD ? i.e making DCC for ava users possible to send a complete directory, one file per file.
So we could see how big it is in total, file count, kb/s ?
That would be cool for sharing apps between xbox users. and using your own CTCP's for special info it would not display when not in some sort of debug mode.

-News Client
would be cool to add some RSS news feeds, and it scrolling them on top.
Being able to add some manually would be cool smile.gif

-Multitasking
Running Several apps ?! that would rock, thats the next big step xbox dashboards could/would do smile.gif

Thats my grain to the soup, hope some of em will be implemented smile.gif

Just to note...u COULDNTDCC people games cuz the xbox dont have a public IP ADDRESS...if it did then MAYBE u could...what i was thinking is a built in WinRaR type of thing that way u dont have to EXTRACT all your xbox games when u download them...the file that u get from IRC can simply be transferred to the xbox and then Avalauches BUILT-IN WinRaR will do everything for u...or this WinRaR idea could be used as a regular application! biggrin.gif

#45 double0h

double0h

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 26 June 2003 - 12:29 PM

I've got an idea regarding DHCP and Static IP config in Ava. My XBox is normally connected to my PC all the time, getting its IP via DHCP. If my PC is not switched on, Ava states that no link is found and a network error occurs, which is expected .The rest of the time i disconnect it from my PC and link up with other Xboxes for direct transfer etc. But to do this i need to change the IP to Static and then back to DHCP for when its connected to the PC.

What i would like is if no IP is assigned via DHCP, Ava would assign a preset Static IP. This would save changing it each time. If i'm way off the mark then flame away.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users