IcedTea997

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 117 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 23 January 2006 - 08:40 AM

The show he put on today was amazing, all of you deserve to know about it biggrin.gif

If no one saw it, go to www.nba.com and check out the video highlights.

It was insane to say the least.

His team was down in the begining, he took the game into his own hands and won.

#2 Spency234

Spency234

LEAFS NATION

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,084 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 23 January 2006 - 12:53 PM

Yep, he did it against my team so i watched the whole freakin thing.

This is why a defensive stopper like Bruce Bowen or Ron Artest is so valuable to a team, I'm pretty sure every guy on the Raptors had a chance to guard Kobe, he just kept hitting shots.

Personally, I think a good triple double with a few steals is much more impressive then taking every single shot for your team, because it shows you make your teamates better.

As Chris Rock said in an interview during the game "Kobe is the best player on a bad team" and I think those MVP chants were pushing it.

#3 melongstrike

melongstrike

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 408 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 23 January 2006 - 02:33 PM

I was explaing to my friends and family here how I think Kobe actually and physically made a deal with the devil to increase his game exponentially.

I hope after this people will start taking me more seriously blink.gif

#4 MN-Mod-Man

MN-Mod-Man

X-S X-perience

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 455 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 23 January 2006 - 04:49 PM

Sam Mitchell needs to be fired TODAY, while I agree Kobe is good why the hell in gods name didn't they foul the shit out of him, double team his ass something, in the old days a bench warmer / thug would have been brought in to "TAKE KOBE OUT" this was poor coaching and horrible defense, not KOBE taking the game over, more like Kobe was given the game by the opposing team.

#5 feflicker

feflicker

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,626 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 23 January 2006 - 09:42 PM

I went to the Lakers game BEFORE Kobe scored 81 (vs. the Suns). Ha ha. Does that count? Anyone that thinks Kobe is a ball-hog, please tell me who on the Lakers you would rather have taking the shots? Vujacic? Walton? Odom? Parker? Mihm? George? Uh, give me that lineup, Kobe would shoot 50 times a game, EASY.

The other thing people don't think about: Who gets the ball when plays break down (i.e. the other players don't do their jobs)? Kobe. He always gets it with like 8 seconds on the shot clock, and has to manufacture a shot. Everyone complains his percentage is down, or that he takes bad shots, but I WONDER WHY. If you were Kobe, would you pass it to one of these talentless ass-clowns? Ok, maybe I am being harsh, after all the Lakers are my favorite team, but I never blame Kobe for shooting. I understand where he is coming from...

I seriously hope Buss gets another star this summer. I know they have cap issues, but let's do this. Let's steal a K.G. or a Jermaine O'Neil, etc. I want to see Phil hoist another trophy...

#6 IcedTea997

IcedTea997

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 117 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 24 January 2006 - 02:11 AM

QUOTE(feflicker @ Jan 23 2006, 09:49 PM) View Post

I went to the Lakers game BEFORE Kobe scored 81 (vs. the Suns). Ha ha. Does that count? Anyone that thinks Kobe is a ball-hog, please tell me who on the Lakers you would rather have taking the shots? Vujacic? Walton? Odom? Parker? Mihm? George? Uh, give me that lineup, Kobe would shoot 50 times a game, EASY.

The other thing people don't think about: Who gets the ball when plays break down (i.e. the other players don't do their jobs)? Kobe. He always gets it with like 8 seconds on the shot clock, and has to manufacture a shot. Everyone complains his percentage is down, or that he takes bad shots, but I WONDER WHY. If you were Kobe, would you pass it to one of these talentless ass-clowns? Ok, maybe I am being harsh, after all the Lakers are my favorite team, but I never blame Kobe for shooting. I understand where he is coming from...

I seriously hope Buss gets another star this summer. I know they have cap issues, but let's do this. Let's steal a K.G. or a Jermaine O'Neil, etc. I want to see Phil hoist another trophy...

Amen

#7 Spency234

Spency234

LEAFS NATION

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,084 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 24 January 2006 - 05:07 AM

I don't think I find Kobe to be a selfish person because of all the shots he takes really, more because he simply can't coexist with another allstar.

He proved it with Shaq, I mean look at the sweet ass deal he had there and fucked it up.

This is exactly what he wants, himself to be in the limelight (Both NFL Conference games on the same night and ESPN is giving equal time to him.) He doesn't want another star in La La Land.

#8 gcskate27

gcskate27

X-S Messiah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,585 posts
  • Interests:video games, prgramming, comps, skateboarding, cooking, taking care of my lizards and dachshund
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 24 January 2006 - 03:21 PM

kobe is a ball hog, always has been: he thinks himself another jordan... and yes he SHOULD have passed to his no-talent assclowns of teammates otherwise theyll never get better, and the lakers will never go anywhere... kobe and the lakers suck, but only cuz im a spurs fan... tongue.gif

#9 whiteblur67

whiteblur67

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 519 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6b
  • 360 version:none

Posted 24 January 2006 - 06:44 PM

kobe almost hogs the ball as much as i hog the flag on unreal tornament tongue.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users