h34d5h0tz

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,180 posts
  • Interests:http://www.pbase.com/h43d5h0tz/xbox
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 24 January 2006 - 01:04 AM

havnt been very active with the photoshop as of late. decided to make you guys something since my sotw entries suck.

IPB Image

please judge this sig. i really want to get back into the photoshop. so be harsh, tell me what sucks, what looks good.

#2 soupy_31

soupy_31

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,178 posts
  • Interests:Hockey, XBOX, GFX..
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:none

Posted 24 January 2006 - 01:14 AM

Honestly, I cant find ANYTHING wrong with that.. it's beautiful wub.gif

#3 Modderxtrordanare

Modderxtrordanare

X-S Freak

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,795 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 24 January 2006 - 01:36 AM

It's kind of hard to read the middle part of your name when it goes over the render, and maybe adding a wee bit of color in the lower left would spice up that corner, which is kind of bland as of now.

Other than that, I'm with soupy. Great job wink.gif

#4 CattyKid

CattyKid

X-S Messiah

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,618 posts
  • Interests:Everything
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 24 January 2006 - 02:14 AM

I think it's fantastic.
Would you mind telling me how you got the "auro" around Cloud and how you got the steel color?

#5 XLostSpartanX

XLostSpartanX

X-S Expert

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPip
  • 604 posts
  • Xbox Version:none

Posted 24 January 2006 - 02:15 AM

It looks amazing.

#6 n00bFRAGGER

n00bFRAGGER

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 82 posts
  • Interests:Building Computers<br />Playing Xbox<br />Moddifying my Xbox<br />Cars<br />Rock Music<br />PhotoShop

Posted 24 January 2006 - 02:52 AM

Honestly, you could do better. Even though the render of the DBZ Character is supposed to be grey, it is just so boring. get a nice render with good color and go to work. Looking from the intelligent perspective, is he flying through space with that background? The text doesn't work. You're introducing an all-white font into a mostly grey and light blue signature. Picking fonts is tough, but a better spot would be on the blade. Zoom in a little on the render. I understand that you want to get in the action of the hand, but the face and the blade are also important. Going back to the intelligent eye, you have a lot of different angles coming out of this. Things need to flow the same way. The text looks as if it's coming in from the left, The "aura" is coming from the center of the body, and the background is going downward diagonally.

....Well, you wanted harsh.

#7 CattyKid

CattyKid

X-S Messiah

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,618 posts
  • Interests:Everything

Posted 24 January 2006 - 03:08 AM

Oooh, EVEN I know that's Cloud from FF!

#8 h34d5h0tz

h34d5h0tz

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,180 posts

Posted 24 January 2006 - 03:23 AM

QUOTE(n00bFRAGGER @ Jan 24 2006, 02:59 AM) View Post

Honestly, you could do better. Even though the render of the DBZ Character is supposed to be grey, it is just so boring. get a nice render with good color and go to work. Looking from the intelligent perspective, is he flying through space with that background? The text doesn't work. You're introducing an all-white font into a mostly grey and light blue signature. Picking fonts is tough, but a better spot would be on the blade. Zoom in a little on the render. I understand that you want to get in the action of the hand, but the face and the blade are also important. Going back to the intelligent eye, you have a lot of different angles coming out of this. Things need to flow the same way. The text looks as if it's coming in from the left, The "aura" is coming from the center of the body, and the background is going downward diagonally.
....Well, you wanted harsh.

cloud from final fantasy. at first, i was going to make a grey scale sig, but i started playing around with radial blur, and ended up coloring the redial blured layer. by using the radial blur, i kind of got the effect that he is falling/jumping, so i stayed with that. i thought the text on the hand would look good because its right infront of you, and is a pretty good focal point. the blade is also a good place to kind of hid it. the text looks like it is coming from the left because i used a motion blur on it, so there is actualy that same kind of effect on the right side, but it is just cut off (i think i might go back and fix the text 'angle). i dont see where you got that its a "mostly grey and light blue signature" because there is alot of white in the top right and around the blade. i think the background looks like its going down to the left because i used some rays of light brushes that are diagonal that way.

#9 Himura

Himura

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,819 posts

Posted 24 January 2006 - 03:25 AM

I just dont like that picture of Cloud laugh.gif

#10 h34d5h0tz

h34d5h0tz

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,180 posts

Posted 24 January 2006 - 05:56 AM

QUOTE(Himura @ Jan 24 2006, 03:32 AM) View Post

I just dont like that picture of Cloud laugh.gif

thats all? i guess i did pretty good then. i was looking through my rediculously large folder of renders and found that render of cloud that i havnt seen before.

#11 Himura

Himura

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,819 posts

Posted 24 January 2006 - 07:51 AM

haha yeah. hell, I havent made any sigs in awhile either, just photoshopping small things for class, so im a little out of practice like you happy.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users