#1 RobH

RobH

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts

Posted 24 January 2006 - 08:05 AM

Read the story here, http://msn.foxsports...l/story/5272442

What was this teacher thinking? I hope this kids parents do something about this, if it were me I would be requesting the teachers termination or resignation. At the very least a stiff suspension. Kids have it bad enuff getting it from other kids, they shouldn't have to deal with the same thing from teachers as well.
And in defense the teacher says "If he felt uncomfortable, then that's a lesson; that's what (the class) is designed to do," Kelly told The Denver Post. "It was silly fun. I can't believe he was upset." Silly fun??!??! WTF...maybe for the rest of the class... but I'm sure this kid wasn't laughing. This teacher should of known better!!!

#2 gcskate27

gcskate27

X-S Messiah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,585 posts
  • Interests:video games, prgramming, comps, skateboarding, cooking, taking care of my lizards and dachshund
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 24 January 2006 - 03:18 PM

thats stupid... what a little bitch that kid must be... and you think the teacher should be fired? thats fucking rediculous... rolleyes.gif

#3 Rylinkus

Rylinkus

X-S Hacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,606 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 25 January 2006 - 05:13 AM

I'm kind of in the middle on this in some ways. The kid seems to be whining a lot. He had to expect to take some shit for wearing a Broncos jersey into a school in Penn. I know I do if I wear any Yankees or Packers memorabilia up here in NE country.

But still, what type of jackass is this teacher? Aren't adults supposed ot be the reasonable ones in a HS class? The school should have fired his ass day 1.

#4 gcskate27

gcskate27

X-S Messiah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,585 posts
  • Interests:video games, prgramming, comps, skateboarding, cooking, taking care of my lizards and dachshund

Posted 25 January 2006 - 05:17 AM

but do you think it was at all malicious or was it 'all in good fun'? the kid's a whiney bitch...

#5 Rylinkus

Rylinkus

X-S Hacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,606 posts

Posted 25 January 2006 - 05:30 AM

I dont think singling out a student and having other students throw things, (Even if it is only paper), is ever a good thing. These are exactly the types of things teachers should be preventing, not encouraging. This kid may very well be a whiny bitch. But regardless the teacher never in a million years should have done that. Besides, if this kid was overly emotional, shouldnt the teacher have some vague idea and not use him in his "fun" scenarios?

#6 RobH

RobH

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts

Posted 25 January 2006 - 07:12 AM

QUOTE(gcskate27 @ Jan 24 2006, 09:25 AM) View Post

thats stupid... what a little bitch that kid must be... and you think the teacher should be fired? thats fucking rediculous... rolleyes.gif

Yes I do...the teacher should've exercised better judgement. He is the authoratative figure and thus should act accordingly. He should be preventing things like this not contributing to them. I would expect other kids might razz him but never a teacher...just wrong.

BTW rylinkus I'm a NE fan...what bigger rivalry is there in sports than Boston and NY?!? As far as the Packers go...I don't know why people would still be bitter about something that happened 10 yrs ago especially since what's happened since unless they're just trying to rub it in.

#7 Rylinkus

Rylinkus

X-S Hacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,606 posts

Posted 25 January 2006 - 11:38 PM

QUOTE(RobH @ Jan 25 2006, 07:19 AM) View Post

BTW rylinkus I'm a NE fan...what bigger rivalry is there in sports than Boston and NY?!? As far as the Packers go...I don't know why people would still be bitter about something that happened 10 yrs ago especially since what's happened since unless they're just trying to rub it in.

NY/Boston is a great rivalry. And obviously I dont take as much Flack for being a Packers fan. And frankly I dont care. Every Boston game I go to I show up in a Yankees hat. And I expect to hear some shit about it. And I would assume that anyone who wore a Denver jersey in Steeler land a few days before a play off game should expect abuse. Granted not from his teacher. And the teacherjust be disciplined. Doesn't mean this kid isn't a whine ass though wink.gif

#8 yaazz

yaazz

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,562 posts
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 26 January 2006 - 06:17 PM

I expected some kid making a HUGE deal out of something silly, such as the teacher dissing his favorite teams (bear with me I dont watch Football), or something along those lines. When I read that the student was required to sit on the floor while his classmates threw paper at him, I was disgusted.
The teacher is supposed to be someone who a student can trust, not some asshole who discriminates based on a persons' personal tastes.

If I would have been there I would have stuck up for that kid and gave that teacher a piece of my mind.

#9 Rylinkus

Rylinkus

X-S Hacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,606 posts

Posted 26 January 2006 - 11:52 PM

I think my biggest issue with this is that so many HS kids feel out of place. That they don't "belong". And it leads to all these hurtful feelings towards other classmates, and sadly in somt cases to violence in school. Too many kids feel isolated from classmates as it is. They dont need some jackass teacher aiding in that manner.

#10 SniperKilla

SniperKilla

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 27 January 2006 - 04:41 PM

QUOTE(Rylinkus @ Jan 26 2006, 05:59 PM) View Post

I think my biggest issue with this is that so many HS kids feel out of place. That they don't "belong". And it leads to all these hurtful feelings towards other classmates, and sadly in somt cases to violence in school. Too many kids feel isolated from classmates as it is. They dont need some jackass teacher aiding in that manner.

if he wanted to belong... you dont wear a denver bronco jersey anywhere near this city.. 2 days before we play them for the AFC champ... its just common sense....

he got what he deserved...

should have seen the great service that was given to the guy that walked into the store (circuit city) wearing a jake plummer jersey on gameday

#11 Spency234

Spency234

LEAFS NATION

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,084 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 27 January 2006 - 08:30 PM

I think the point Rylinkus is trying to say (and rightfully so) is that of course the kid is gonig to be harassed, it just should NOT be the teacher doing it. His job is to PREVENT kids singling out the different child.

About the kid though, I could see him being a person who goes through life as a victim. "Poor me" mentality.

Maybe I'm just reading too much into this.

#12 WhatsArules?

WhatsArules?

X-S Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 83 posts

Posted 27 January 2006 - 10:47 PM

Kelly also made other students throw crumpled up paper at Vannoy, whom he called a "stinking Denver fan," Vannoy told The Associated Press on Monday.

Woulda knocked his ass out right then and there

#13 whiteblur67

whiteblur67

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 519 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6b
  • 360 version:none

Posted 29 January 2006 - 08:38 PM

well when the kid brings a gun to school we know who to blame unsure.gif

#14 gcskate27

gcskate27

X-S Messiah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,585 posts

Posted 29 January 2006 - 11:44 PM

yeah, his own dumb ass...

#15 WhatsArules?

WhatsArules?

X-S Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 83 posts