Photo

2 Points To Bridge So Xbox Will Boot When Dvd Drive Is Removed?

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#16 AfterTheInsanity

AfterTheInsanity

X-S Freak

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,155 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 28 January 2006 - 04:46 AM

Im telling you, there arent any points that will let you do this. You have to be running a bios that has been patched to allow it. Like X2 for example can be patched with XBTool to let you run without a DVDRom. There arent any points that will let you do this.

#17 diablomastabarb

diablomastabarb

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 328 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 29 January 2006 - 01:46 AM

i dunno, i am pretty sure there was someone that did this

and if i'm wrong...then what else can i do...i have no tsop (1.6)
and i'm softmodded, any other route i could take to remove my dvd drive?
other than investing in a mod chip

Edited by diablomastabarb, 29 January 2006 - 01:47 AM.

#18 INSB_GLOCK

INSB_GLOCK

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 199 posts
  • Interests:Xbox all da way
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 29 January 2006 - 04:47 AM

QUOTE(oxjeremy334 @ Jan 25 2006, 10:39 PM) View Post

He is using a softmod btw...

i flashed my tsop you fucking idiot. thats not a softmod. pull your moms penis out your ear o and btw, show me a pic of ur "slim box" dry.gif

and even if its for the tsopless. thats probably a security check to make sure its using a original dvdrom drive connected to the system. maybe he soldered a jumperblock to make it seem like their is no slave, just the hdd. but still its the bios that has something to do with it. even if u dont have a tsop. u still have a bios dry.gif

#19 lordvader129

lordvader129

He Who Posts Alot...

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,751 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 29 January 2006 - 04:52 AM

this is a slim xbox, if you ever visit the case modding section they are all over
IPB Image

AFAIK there are no points you can solder to make a softmod xbox run without a DVD drive, the only points i know of are to keep the xbox from reporting "tray open" all the time when using a PC dvd-rom, you solder the points so it always reports "ready" so you can load a new disc in a PC drive without having to reboot (i could be wrong though)

i think the best solution is what TKramka said, a controller board from a dead thomson, shouldnt cost much of anything (its a dead board after all) and wont effect cosmetics since it will just sit inside the xbox (you not using the whole drive, just the controller board)

#20 diablomastabarb

diablomastabarb

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 328 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 29 January 2006 - 08:03 AM

QUOTE(INSB_GLOCK @ Jan 29 2006, 04:54 AM) View Post

i flashed my tsop you fucking idiot. thats not a softmod. pull your moms penis out your ear o and btw, show me a pic of ur "slim box" dry.gif

and even if its for the tsopless. thats probably a security check to make sure its using a original dvdrom drive connected to the system. maybe he soldered a jumperblock to make it seem like their is no slave, just the hdd. but still its the bios that has something to do with it. even if u dont have a tsop. u still have a bios dry.gif

1st off, he was talking about me when he said that
and I know i still have a BIOS, i was saying that because that wasn't an option (to flash the TSOP)
and yeah, you obviously aren't in the hardware/case modding forums at all, and if you are...are you blind?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users