JonBOY

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 441 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 25 January 2006 - 09:40 AM

Heres what's happened. I needed to make some video mode changes in Avalaunch that required me to enable EEPROM write-back. I enabled EEPROM write-back and made the changes (I know messing with the EEPROM is risky but I figured Avalaunch was safe to work with it).

Since making the write back though I've been unable to boot my Xenium OS (v2.3.1). I can still boot Avalaunch and from Avalaunch I can still boot XBMC. I suspected something was wrong with the EEPROM so I installed 'ConFigMagic 1.6' as an application in Avalaunch and ran it. When ConfigMagic started it detected (and confirmed for me) a corruption in my EEPROM.

Got the error message 'ERROR 4 - EEPROM CORRUPT!'

I have previously backed up my EEPROM to my Xenium Ice chip, trouble is I cannot launch Xenium OS to allow me to utilize the EEPROM restore function.

Is there a way that I can restore my EEPROM from my EEPROM back up through using either Avalaunch or XBMC?

Thanks for any help
JonBOY

#2 spiffyville

spiffyville

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,013 posts
  • Interests:Working on the physics behind wingless flight for humans. Slow going so far.
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 25 January 2006 - 10:31 AM

As long as your still able to reflash a bios bank on your mod-chip your a ok. Since the search is down I will enlighten you with a nice step by step guide. Not written by me of course, but totally endorsed by me.

http://arisme.free.fr/Xbox/Reflash/

#3 JonBOY

JonBOY

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 441 posts

Posted 25 January 2006 - 01:10 PM

Thanks spiffyville, I sussed out the link you provided and looks like handy info. Before I head down that path though, I've noticed that there is actually an option within the settings menu of Avalaunch v0.49.0.4 (not present in v0.49.3) thats called 'Restore EEPROM backup'. Trouble is I don't know if that means Avalaunch will restore my EEPROM from the backed up good copy, or if it means it will back up the current corrupt EEPROM, thereby restoring my EEPROM to whatever the current EEPROM is and over-writing my only backed up non-corrupted copy. Can anyone clarify this.....?

Also, I know the EEPROM back up is stored in the chip itself, but is this location one of the xbox folders that's visible during FTP or is it only the folders of the HDD thats visible during FTP?

Thanks
JonBOY

#4 ItchyB

ItchyB

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,341 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:none

Posted 25 January 2006 - 01:22 PM

The backup on the chip is only available from the chip OS, FTP only shows the HDD files, the avalaunch restore eeprom will restore it from a bin file on your HDD. What version Xbox do you have?

#5 JonBOY

JonBOY

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 441 posts

Posted 25 January 2006 - 01:35 PM

using the Iceguide I'm pretty confident its a version 1.4 Xbox (but haven't use a continuity tester to discriminate between v1.4 and v1.5. Looking at the hardware info provided by Avalaunch it says 'Kernal version : 1.0.4983.6'. Does that provide any insight?

#6 ItchyB

ItchyB

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,341 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:none

Posted 25 January 2006 - 01:55 PM

1.4 or 1.5 doesnt matter they use the same eeprom, if you get another good eeprom file ftp it to your box restore it with Config magic or Ava you could then restore your original from the chip once you get into the OS.

#7 JonBOY

JonBOY

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 441 posts

Posted 25 January 2006 - 02:24 PM

Thats sounds like a top plan. Do you know the location on the harddrive where I need to FTP the temporary replacement EEPROM to? I'll start looking around for a v1.4-1.5 EEPROM I can use but if you have any ideas as to where I can find one Itchy that'd be great. Thanks mate.

#8 JonBOY

JonBOY

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 441 posts

Posted 26 January 2006 - 08:37 AM

I've found the 'pixel8_blank_serial_eeprom.bin' file. If I bring up all my Xbox info using XBMC then use LiveInfo the input all my Xbox info into the blank EEPROM, would that do me any good?

JonBOY

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users