GSX

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,188 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 25 January 2006 - 12:15 PM

Ok, so i got the demo today. I started setting it up about 2 hours ago, and this damn thing is still not done. Also whats up with all the info they want? E-mail, Home Address, phone number, whats next a piss and blood sample? This damn game better be worth it. Oh yea, dont forget to get a USB keyboard to set it up, never had to enter so much info for a game!

#2 wasting

wasting

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 864 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 25 January 2006 - 02:32 PM

I started setting it up then i couldnt be bothered to figure out the controls when trying to input my birthday and just gave up. oh well

Edited by wasting, 25 January 2006 - 02:33 PM.

#3 Vinestrike77

Vinestrike77

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 154 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 25 January 2006 - 04:51 PM

I wonder if it's really worth it! I just got OXM yesterday and was not in the mood to set up the game. It feels like I'm applying to become a US Citizen with all the crap that they ask you fill up. Do you guys know what Beta is all about?

#4 Shinamano

Shinamano

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 802 posts

Posted 25 January 2006 - 04:55 PM

DOn't think I will pick up the demo or the game after hearing all the horror stories of setting it up...

#5 lostboyz

lostboyz

Mr. Knowitall

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,188 posts

Posted 25 January 2006 - 05:39 PM

o cmon its only a 3 hour process, to then get to a game where you have no idea what your doing

#6 metaldevil

metaldevil

Webhead

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,224 posts

Posted 25 January 2006 - 06:30 PM

By the time I finished setting it up, I was not motivated to play. I finally picked it up a few days later. This is the first MMORPG I've ever played. I have a PS/2 keyboard not USB. So when somebody asks me a question online, I'm limited to entering "hi," "no," or "ok." This one guy (I'm assuming he had a keyboard) asked me where to find such and such place and if certain items do certain things. The guy damn near wrote an essay. So I'm standing there like a one-legged man in an ass-kicking contest: useless. I hit the power button and went to go get drunk.

This game's biggest fault is not having voice chat. I don't know wtf Sony was thinking when they decided to let console gamers sans USB keyboards enter text with a controller. Voice chat should be mandated.

I could care less if they left the graphics looking like crap. I just want to be able to ask someone where I can find a certain object instead of having them wait 15 minutes for me to type it out on the damn controller.

I'm not going to go out of my way to buy a PS/2-to-USB adapter. Why should I? When will the purhasing-of-extra-shit-I-never-needed-before end? I agree with what some people have been saying: this is the most expensive console out. You have to keep buying this, that, and the other fuckin' thing just to play comfortably. Tremendous.

Edited by metaldevil, 25 January 2006 - 06:36 PM.

#7 Altima NEO

Altima NEO

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,404 posts
  • Interests:Gaming, XBox, 360, PSP, Dreamcast, 3D Graphics & Animation
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 25 January 2006 - 07:21 PM

QUOTE(metaldevil @ Jan 25 2006, 09:37 AM) View Post

By the time I finished setting it up, I was not motivated to play. I finally picked it up a few days later. This is the first MMORPG I've ever played. I have a PS/2 keyboard not USB. So when somebody asks me a question online, I'm limited to entering "hi," "no," or "ok." This one guy (I'm assuming he had a keyboard) asked me where to find such and such place and if certain items do certain things. The guy damn near wrote an essay. So I'm standing there like a one-legged man in an ass-kicking contest: useless. I hit the power button and went to go get drunk.

This game's biggest fault is not having voice chat. I don't know wtf Sony was thinking when they decided to let console gamers sans USB keyboards enter text with a controller. Voice chat should be mandated.

I could care less if they left the graphics looking like crap. I just want to be able to ask someone where I can find a certain object instead of having them wait 15 minutes for me to type it out on the damn controller.

I'm not going to go out of my way to buy a PS/2-to-USB adapter. Why should I? When will the purhasing-of-extra-shit-I-never-needed-before end? I agree with what some people have been saying: this is the most expensive console out. You have to keep buying this, that, and the other fuckin' thing just to play comfortably. Tremendous.

you can buy one of those little usb keyboards for PS2
http://www.gameexpre...PC=837742005709

#8 metaldevil

metaldevil

Webhead

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,224 posts

Posted 25 January 2006 - 07:37 PM

QUOTE(Altima NEO @ Jan 25 2006, 01:28 PM) View Post
you can buy one of those little usb keyboards for PS2
http://www.gameexpre...PC=837742005709
laugh.gif You're funny. I didn't mean PS2 like in PlayStation 2. I meant as in IBM PS/2 port. The PS stands for Personal System. It was a mid/late eighties computer that was a giant hit. It's comparable to the iPod in popularity. You couldn't go anywhere back then without seeing one. Here's what the adapter looks like:

IPB Image

It's only $5, but I'm not going to get it just to run back and forth with my PC's keyboard. I find purchasing a keyboard even less appealing. All these extra purchases are just silly. I didn't buy Steel Battalion because of the $200 price tag, and the fact that only two games in the Xbox's library support it.

Edited by metaldevil, 25 January 2006 - 07:40 PM.

#9 GSX

GSX

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,188 posts
  • Xbox Version:none

Posted 25 January 2006 - 10:39 PM

So I installed it after 3 hrs yesterday. Got to play for 10 mins, then went to sleep. Today I turn it on and, "some data might have been corrupted, because i didnt use the exit viewer button" Are they fucking kidding? It wants me to update again, as if ffxi was never installed. WTF! Looks like sony is going to get the shaft from me again. Oh yea, and this game is a piece of shit......played 10 mins and felt like i was playing something from the 90's.

#10 Mjkthirdeye

Mjkthirdeye

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,444 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3

Posted 25 January 2006 - 10:51 PM

QUOTE(metaldevil @ Jan 25 2006, 11:37 AM) View Post

This one guy (I'm assuming he had a keyboard) asked me where to find such and such place and if certain items do certain things. The guy damn near wrote an essay. So I'm standing there like a one-legged man in an ass-kicking contest: useless. I hit the power button and went to go get drunk.

Hahaha, that ones going in the sig. Priceless.

#11 lostboyz

lostboyz

Mr. Knowitall

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,188 posts

Posted 25 January 2006 - 10:56 PM

QUOTE(GSX @ Jan 25 2006, 03:46 PM) View Post

So I installed it after 3 hrs yesterday. Got to play for 10 mins, then went to sleep. Today I turn it on and, "some data might have been corrupted, because i didnt use the exit viewer button" Are they fucking kidding? It wants me to update again, as if ffxi was never installed. WTF! Looks like sony is going to get the shaft from me again. Oh yea, and this game is a piece of shit......played 10 mins and felt like i was playing something from the 90's.

everytime i go in the game it gives me that error but i never have to update it just checks a few files

#12 Hyper_Eye

Hyper_Eye

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 595 posts
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 25 January 2006 - 10:57 PM

You should credit the person your quoting.

#13 shin0bi

shin0bi

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 29 posts
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 25 January 2006 - 11:31 PM

No offense to anyone on the board, but ENOUGH with the gripping.LOL. It DOES take a while to install, but its only hard if you are a retard. Besides that, its more than a demo, its pretty much the whole game, and if you dont have a keyboard, there are shortcuts for most things you'll want to say. It takes a bit to get used to but its a pretty good deal for free. I'm wholey addicted.

</rant>

#14 lostboyz

lostboyz

Mr. Knowitall

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,188 posts

Posted 26 January 2006 - 02:01 AM

nobody said it was hard, just annoying. which it definately is. and no keyboard means a much harder experience

#15 Snowboard8422

Snowboard8422

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 329 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 26 January 2006 - 02:41 AM

Damn, just spent 10 dollars on this. After reading this I sort of regret the purchase. I know the negatives, are there any positive comments? uhh.gif Haven't tried the game out yet because exams are a bitch. Tomorrow is the last day though so i'm trying it tomorrow.

Edited by Snowboard8422, 26 January 2006 - 02:42 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users