Xbox-Scene

Memba Numero Uno

• Admin
  • 5,201 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 26 January 2006 - 07:01 AM

-- Posted by XanTium on January 26 01:01 EST
Shizno of Team AfterShock posted an update about 'Fighter', a homebrew fighting game (style: Street Fighter 2/EX) currently in development:

Well I have done quite a bit more work on the game lately, particles are now scriptable per character so Scorp/Sub can make you bleed while Street Fighter characters have the 'color particle explosion' effect.

I also decided on a single skeleton to be used for every character so now each character can have their own unique throws/moves and apply the reaction animation to the enemy, if your character is too big/small/has weird limbs he will be classed 'unthrowable' (think old school bosses)

The engine is coming along nicely, Sub Zero and Scorpion are 100% playable and their moves work nicely, Sub can freeze you and Scorps spear is 100% working and his teleport punch works nicely also.

We also need some more artists to come and do some extra characters so if anyone is interested in putting in some work come to #a-shock on EFNET.

Official Site: http://aftershock.xbox-scene.com

#2 Odb718

Odb718

X-S Freak

• Last Chance
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,589 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 26 January 2006 - 07:12 AM

LAME... No pics = vaporware... aka THUMBS DOWN!

#3 kl0wn

kl0wn

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 131 posts

Posted 26 January 2006 - 07:13 AM

OMG Shizno ROCKS fighter will pwn ;o

#4 knepley

knepley

X-S Member

• Pip
  • 112 posts
  • Interests:killing porters
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 26 January 2006 - 09:26 AM

IPB Image

IPB Image

like those odb?

#5 Odb718

Odb718

X-S Freak

• Last Chance
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,589 posts

Posted 26 January 2006 - 11:34 AM

MMmmm maybe tongue.gif
But you know what you realy need is Blanka....

#6 rocarmy4life

rocarmy4life

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 68 posts

Posted 26 January 2006 - 02:57 PM

this is cool and all but why?
yeah self gratification, but on a soon to be, if not already, outdated system?

By the time this is released, it will be like playing a NES, no, a flash game.

I dont mean to sound mean, but why continue this, or play it for that matter when there are games developed by multimillion dollar companies like DOA, Soul Calibur and Mortal Kombat? I think it will be another glitchy, poor replica game that we already have a copy of. But don't let my words slow you down. I dont think i could make anything better.

#7 bucko

bucko

Super Moderator

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,996 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 26 January 2006 - 03:12 PM

QUOTE(rocarmy4life @ Jan 26 2006, 02:04 PM) View Post

this is cool and all but why?
yeah self gratification, but on a soon to be, if not already, outdated system?

By the time this is released, it will be like playing a NES, no, a flash game.

I dont mean to sound mean, but why continue this, or play it for that matter when there are games developed by multimillion dollar companies like DOA, Soul Calibur and Mortal Kombat? I think it will be another glitchy, poor replica game that we already have a copy of. But don't let my words slow you down. I dont think i could make anything better.

Why, because he can. People like properly ported homebrew games, Are you saying the xbox 1 is an outdated system? It's not like all of us can afford xbox360's you know and the Xbox 1 is great for porting games like this to.

Edited by bucko, 26 January 2006 - 03:13 PM.

#8 rocarmy4life

rocarmy4life

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 68 posts

Posted 26 January 2006 - 04:12 PM

QUOTE(bucko @ Jan 26 2006, 03:19 PM) View Post

Why, because he can.

QUOTE(rocarmy4life @ Jan 26 2006, 03:04 PM) View Post

yeah self gratification

QUOTE(bucko @ Jan 26 2006, 03:19 PM) View Post

Are you saying the xbox 1 is an outdated system?

QUOTE(rocarmy4life @ Jan 26 2006, 03:04 PM) View Post

but on a soon to be, if not already, outdated system?

you just asked what i already stated...

its not a port... do you know what a port is?
and if it was a port, why port something we already have?
there is a mortal kombat, and street fighter II...
i think its pretty dumb to port something we already have, and even dumber to scratch build something we already have. props to the dude for figuring this shit out, but dont expect a huge following for a game that is on an out dated system. yes i said out dated. some people cant afford a XBOX1 so they stick to the Nintendo Entertainment System, but its still an out dated Nintendo Entertainment System.

#9 SHiZNO

SHiZNO

X-S Expert

• PipPipPip
  • 509 posts
  • 360 version:none

Posted 26 January 2006 - 04:54 PM

blink.gif I'm sorry but if you think fighting Sub VS Akuma is stupid then you are a douche.

omgz teh graphcis are teh nintendos! its teh suck.

#10 Ed_209

Ed_209

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 26 January 2006 - 05:23 PM

"Fighting game featuring an open format (add your own characters)"

rocarmy4life, you are missing the point. This isn't someone making a "mortal kombat vs street fighter" game, this is a "build your own 3d fighting game with street fighter/mortal kombat controls" -fighting game. Once this is finished, you can make up characters from scratch, or remake characters from your favorite games. If you are saying the classic street fighter controls are outdated, or the classic mortal kombat 2 controls are outdated, then thats your opinion. There are plenty of people that don't like the way fighting games are made today, most of them are "hit certain buttons in a fast sequence to perform a 12 hit combo". If you are complaining that this is being made on xbox, and not xbox 360... make us a working modchip that can allow us to run homebrew code on an xbox 360, and give us an xbox 360 dev kit for that matter also. I personally love the idea of having a "make your own fighter kit", similar to the sprite based Open Mugen project being worked on here also. Don't forget to go to the Mugen forums while you are at it and shoot them down with negative comments also.

#11 Sirmatto

Sirmatto

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 413 posts
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 26 January 2006 - 05:36 PM

QUOTE(bucko @ Jan 26 2006, 06:19 AM) View Post

Why, because he can. People like properly ported homebrew games, Are you saying the xbox 1 is an outdated system? It's not like all of us can afford xbox360's you know and the Xbox 1 is great for porting games like this to.

Not to mention, there is still a pretty strong homebrew scene for Dreamcast (and other older systems for that matter), and that's WAY outdated.

#12 throwingks

throwingks

X-S Freak

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,957 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 26 January 2006 - 07:11 PM

^^^
I think it is a stronger following. Have you seen the BOR scene over there. blink.gif

Shizno, thank you man.
People just like to bitch. It is a free game. Get over it a$$holes.
If you don't like it don't download it. I for one am gonna download this and play the hell out of it. My 2 favorite fighting games of all time are MK and SF2. The ability to put them together :thumbsup: pop.gif And, create custom content...
Aftershock, thank you.IPB Image

#13 imagenius

imagenius

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 301 posts

Posted 26 January 2006 - 07:19 PM

Props to you Shizno I can't wait to play this game itll give me a chance to have a reason to check out 3D modeling again.

@rocarmy4life: Believe me the xbox modding scene is still very much alive and not outdated. Which store can I walk into and buy a 360 or a PS3 or a Revolution? Oh ya I cant because we arent fully in the next gen yet. I still have people that come to me and want to buy an xbox just to mod it when itll cost them pretty much the same as buying a 360 (xbox, hard drive, chip, etc).

Keep up the awesome work Team Aftershock!!

*EDIT* woops commented about the wrong person smile.gif

Edited by imagenius, 26 January 2006 - 07:21 PM.

#14 Odb718

Odb718

X-S Freak

• Last Chance
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,589 posts

Posted 27 January 2006 - 03:44 AM

I've been giving the team a hard time the last couple replies. I've seen the game in action and it looks fun. It seems like everyday shizno's adding something else to it to make it better and beters. wink.gif

As for rocarmy4life please, stay your stupid ass in the 360 forums.

#15 samsbak

samsbak

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted 27 January 2006 - 12:33 PM

Xbox is inside the big red neogeo...I cant wait to try this fighter out on it!!!

will it be 4-button fighter or a Capcom style 6 button fighter?

IPB Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users