2 replies to this topic

#1 n_samedi

n_samedi

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 January 2006 - 09:24 AM

hey all,
im new to this modding and have done a fair amount of research already; however, the search feature doesnt seem to be working for me so sorry if this has been repeated. i have a version 1.0 and my original hdd has pretty much crashed. i believe it has the christmas lights problem or whatever. when i boot up, the light is a solid green but then starts flashing red. it then starts making a constant clicking noise consisting of 4 clicks, pause, 4 clicks pause... and then proceeds to a error message with no error code.well anyway i wanted to upgrade to a bigger hdd with evox and was wondering if there is anyway i can do this without buying or using a modchip. ive read the tutorials and its unclear if the modchip is only for backing up your data. this would be unnessecary for me if my hdd is unrepariable (i could really care less about the data because i have tmy important games backed up on my friends xbox anyway). from this tutorial http://www.xbox-scen...les/hdd-ftp.php it seems possible but im unsure if the modchip is required to boot from the disc drive or if i need it to back up certain files that i will need later. if a modchip is required, could you guys show me the cheapest chip that would get the job done? any response would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

#2 ando2k5

ando2k5

X-S X-perience

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 326 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 26 January 2006 - 11:31 AM

to install a new hard drive on a non modded xbox you would need the eeprom if you don't have that the only other way out is a chip

and the thing with your hd you described sounds like its fragging

#3 n_samedi

n_samedi

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 January 2006 - 11:32 PM

ok how would i get the eeprom or stop it from fragging. if i cant fix my hd, would i be able to do the swap with a mod chip? thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users