X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,048 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 26 January 2006 - 10:55 PM

*Yawn*

I hate the PSP because they focused on multimedia and boring 3-D games. We don't need another lackluster PSP clone.

#17 twistedsymphony

twistedsymphony

arrogant beyond belief

• Head Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,465 posts
  • Interests:Consoles, Computers, Cars, Arcades, Home Theater, and the modding of anything that moves.
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 26 January 2006 - 11:06 PM

if the portable device could play my Xbox Live Arcade Games, transfer the games between the device and my 360... and play my MP3s...

...where do I sign... pop.gif

#18 ksteiner

ksteiner

X-S X-perience

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 396 posts
  • Interests:Ummmm videogames, computers, soccer.
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:none

Posted 26 January 2006 - 11:44 PM

IPB Image
Heres an photoshoped one
IPB Image
And another one
I didnt make these.

Edited by ksteiner, 26 January 2006 - 11:53 PM.

#19 downlowfunk

downlowfunk

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 128 posts

Posted 27 January 2006 - 12:32 AM

QUOTE(lowendfrequency @ Jan 26 2006, 09:44 PM) View Post

If they produce a handheld, it needs to do everything the PSP does, but better. None of this "you need a MCE pc" crap. They need to make it play every damn format of audio and video

somewhat agree, not everyformat, but at least WMA audio and video, MP3, and mp4 h.242? sorry still new with that number. Would like to say it could be called the "MicroBox". I want to see it use standard DVD/CD drive, with MP3 CD/DVD support, Flash Memory upgrade slot, WIFI, Basicaly a PocketPC on steroids. xbox 360 remote control function, VOIP and text messaging would rock as well. Xbox 1 backwards compatibility? ok I know im asking for the world, but with cost of that older technology falling faster than the US. Dollar, I see it happening.

#20 FattyX

FattyX

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 56 posts

Posted 27 January 2006 - 01:37 AM

you guys are asking for too much. if they put all that stuff it'll be too big

#21 pirichios

pirichios

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 282 posts

Posted 27 January 2006 - 01:39 AM

wow if they make a halo title for this and a doa title it would just be earth-shattering. id say it would be beyond amazing the psp would find another high-tech rival so better games can be expexted from their competitors. i want one real badly
psp and ds must ph34r.gif the xbox handheld if it ever comes true

Edited by pirichios, 27 January 2006 - 01:40 AM.

#22 downlowfunk

downlowfunk

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 128 posts

Posted 27 January 2006 - 02:09 AM

QUOTE(FattyX @ Jan 27 2006, 01:44 AM) View Post

you guys are asking for too much. if they put all that stuff it'll be too big

Comeone with the constant shrinking of technology. the only thing that would take up space would be the cd/dvd drive. and I have an idea for that as well, why not make it take the Mini DVD-r and cd-r discs instead.

#23 c0d3_z3r0

c0d3_z3r0

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 396 posts
  • Interests:Xbox modding and building PCs
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 27 January 2006 - 03:08 AM

I like this one:
IPB Image

#24 ksteiner

ksteiner

X-S X-perience

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 396 posts
  • Interests:Ummmm videogames, computers, soccer.
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 27 January 2006 - 04:40 AM

QUOTE(c0d3_z3r0 @ Jan 27 2006, 03:15 AM) View Post

I like this one:
IPB Image

I saw your case mod thats soo dam awesome!!!!

#25 NEUROMODS

NEUROMODS

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 486 posts

Posted 27 January 2006 - 01:17 PM

An Xbox portable would be great.. But come on, PSP is out already with many games.. It is almost PS2 quality... I say fuck an Xbox portable, I want better graphics on a handheld. I want that shit to have almost Xbox 360 graphics that will kick the PSP's ass so bad Sony will cry. Not only that, I want it to have a fucking huge hard drive for all my music and be able to copy DVD movies to it and watch them. Thats popular in Japan and if MS did this, they would rule.

#26 EverestX

EverestX

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,351 posts
  • Interests:PC Gamer, Console Collector, Raging Movie & Cartoon Addict, full time nerd.

Posted 27 January 2006 - 09:11 PM

I think you guys are looking for too much. First off the PSP is horrible, it lacks decent Titles. Sure it has "Hype" Titles, but they all suck ass, I mean horrible ball sack. The DS is so truly superior to the PSP that it's not even comical.

If MS were to make something like this and it did play orig. xbox games you would have to repurchase them so the console could be small or it would be huge to accommodate a full size CD/DVD.

Really the winner here is GP2X, Open source, emulators out the ass, flushable firm ware, plays just about any music/codec you could ask for, and it is most certainly a PSP Killer. I don't get all the hype over that horribly made system, shit-tastic UMD's, and re-encoding videos to make them work... HAHAHA, sounds like Sony fucked all you guys just like usual.

I will say however that it would be difficult for MS to make a decent hand held. They love big bulky things. IE. Xbox 1 , Xbox 360 power supply, Duke controller. I mean think about it. Sure it is feasible, but the chances of them making a decent hand held are in the negatives. I'm not stating that Billy Boy is not capable of producing an amazing hand held, But that is Nintendo's market, Literally. Nintendo will remain the handheld king regardless of anything. And maybe one day when all my prayers are answered every thing Sony on the face of the earth with burst into flames and go strait to hell where they belong.

My opinion is that unless MS teams up with someone else in the hand held market they will have a mediocre piece of shit like the PSP also.

#27 Chron Johnson

Chron Johnson

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 435 posts

Posted 28 January 2006 - 04:51 AM

Heh. I want it to just be the ultimate SlimBox with built in screen. Slim to the point of handheld. Put it in one of those Wonka type shrinking devices. And built in terrabytes of storage. FATX style.

#28 v8azlin

v8azlin

X-S Senior Member

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 159 posts
  • Interests:(+ [ ]:)<br />White 1002K 3.02 OE<br />Black 1002K 2.71 SE-B<br />
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 28 January 2006 - 10:11 AM

I'ma thinking...40GB and 60GB Models, Ability to plug into Xbox/360 and load games onto Harddrive...Wireless Gaming...Same Xbox Live Subscription...Yeahhhh! i'll have one.

#29 nj12nets

nj12nets

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,330 posts

Posted 28 January 2006 - 08:40 PM

do u guys want an xbox or a ipod?

60gb hdd? s wheres the screen and the boards for it go?
for it to be gaming it needs those chips so its gonna be pretty big.

think logically compare it to the psp with minor improvements - not a cd/dvd drive and a 60gb hdd. thats rediculous. maybe for a microdrive but idk how big t hose come in but that would too expensive anyway.

#30 Dj Ryu

Dj Ryu

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 17 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, designing stuff, Tennis, Pro-Wrestling amd Gaming!
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 05 February 2006 - 06:41 AM

I own a PSP, i have a 512 MB Memory stick, and some Homebrew games on it.
The PSP is great for all your Multimedia needs, Video, Photo and Music, i use the Music and Video option alot.
I can put Weekly TNA Impacts on the Video option, and then i just put my House and Trance music on.

But when it gets to the Games its a major flop for me, it made the flop worser when i Played Mario Kart DS, and i realised that MK:DS just thrashed all the PSP Games by a mile, the Homebrew thing is cool, but the problem is that it's just Useless Operating Systems and Emulation (Which i dont really enjoy, thats when i started a Retro collection ).

Overall the PSP is good for MultiMedia, but the thing that matters the most in a Console is the Games, which flop hard with the PSP.

If M$ were to make a Portable consoles, they would have to focus more on the Games, rather that MultiMedia.

Also, wireless communication to the 360 would be awesome. (Play 360 Games on the Portable, and look at your stats on the screen, would be Awesome!).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users