• Members
  • PipPip
  • 185 posts
  • Interests:Halo, Bioshock, Crackdown
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 26 January 2006 - 09:26 PM

http://www.joystiq.c...ltiplayer-woes/

Some clever gamers have discovered a glitch that allows players to customize Call of Duty 2 multiplayer games on XBL. It's appalling that a glitch needed to be discovered in the first place, as customization should be a fundamental requirement of multiplayer games. But we digress...

The glitch requires two players. Player one creates a COD2 system link game, selecting the player limit, game type (including kill count), level, and time limit. Now, player two, while playing a different game, invites player one to join. Player one must initially accept the invitation, but when prompted to log out of COD2, player one must refuse. These actions will trigger the glitch, which designates player one as the host of an XBL match using the parameters chosen for the system link match.

If you wanna get in on the action, DUKEforLIFE, one of the first to discover the glitch, has started a thread targeting prime hosts. But let's hope Activision & Infinity Ward get a clue and issue a massive update, so we won't have to rely on glitches to play a decent round of COD2.

#2 Killa420

Killa420

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 900 posts

Posted 26 January 2006 - 10:19 PM

Ya its been posted, I need someone with a live arace game that can invite me so I can host !! My friend doesnt get off for a couple of hours and everyone I ask on live has no idea what im talking about.

#3 tommiwan

tommiwan

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 185 posts
  • Interests:Halo, Bioshock, Crackdown

Posted 26 January 2006 - 10:23 PM

live arcade game? the way I read it you needed the friend to be in a game of COD2 (maybe it works both ways, I haven't tested) and then he invites you and you accept but then tell it that you don't want to quit out of your current systems link game.

I'd like to try this out tonight.

#4 Killa420

Killa420

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 900 posts

Posted 26 January 2006 - 10:53 PM

This is how I did it last night. My friend loaded joust, but had COD in his dvd drive so instead of having to switch cd's from perfect dark or something, thats why we used the arcade game. I started up a system link game, fixed my settings how I wanted, then he invites me to his game in joust, right when I click accept invite, it shoots me to a lobby room like your on regular live, then I hurry up and invite him to my game and he joins up and we play. The only thing that doesnt always work is the play type like say I pick team deathmatch, sometimes it starts headquarters or something but we got lucky a bunch last night and were able to play some 100 kill team deathmatch. The most people we had was 13. It was awsome.

Edited by Killa420, 26 January 2006 - 10:55 PM.

#5 woofis

woofis

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 997 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 26 January 2006 - 11:59 PM

imm so confused. this is what i did. im in cod2 and my friend is in pgr3. i make a system link game. i start the game. he send me an invite to pgr3, i accept then decline the next messege. then the system link game closes down and bring me back to the system link menu... what do i do from here? ive tried to make a game on xbl but it keeps saying unable to join sever, and i tried making another system link and it wont lemme send out an invite.

#6 Killa420

Killa420

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 900 posts

Posted 27 January 2006 - 12:06 AM

No, do it like I did. Dont use a actual game cd. Its to much of a pain in the ass to have to switch out cds and let it start up. If you use a arcade game, you can join right away. When you go to system link, fix all your settings but DO NOT start the game. Leave it at the screen with the settings. Then let your friend invite you to his arcade game and accept the invite. Right after that you will be in a lobby like you were playing on xbox live already, thats when you invite your friend manually but you have to hurry b/c the room will fill up.

#7 woofis

woofis

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 997 posts

Posted 27 January 2006 - 12:47 AM

yea i got it. thanks though... found this video on xbox.com forums if any1 is having problems. http://media.putfile.com/COD2-Glitch74

#8 mitch2025

mitch2025

X-S X-perience

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 442 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 27 January 2006 - 01:57 AM

this is front page material IMO. to see a vid of it is kick ass pop.gif

#9 chuxterofdoom

chuxterofdoom

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 238 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6b

Posted 27 January 2006 - 10:19 AM

This is great and I've used it a few times already but the randomness of the gametype still kinda sucks.

Also, once the game finishes, the game still kicks you back to the system link screen and you have to do the glitch all over again to start a new game. That still sucks but I guess beggars can't be choosers. wink.gif

#10 apcwiz

apcwiz

X-S Young Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 27 January 2006 - 06:03 PM

Great find guys!!! What a pain in the arse just to play a few games of COD2 with a friend. Activision needs to make an update for this and hopefully they will soon.

#11 woofis

woofis

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 997 posts

Posted 27 January 2006 - 06:32 PM

amen to that ^

#12 sp3cialk

sp3cialk

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,291 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 28 January 2006 - 08:49 AM

OK me and a friend did this... I setup the game in COD2 and he started up PDZ and sent the invite.. i accepted then refused... glitch worked... thing is my connection dropped about 30 secs into the game and everyone lagged out... my box pretty much froze and I ended up having to power off my box and back on... well when my booted back up and went to multiplayer option on the menu it would automatically take me into a lobby... like the glitch was still in effect... I tried quitting to the dash then eject the game and start back up then it would go to a XBL lobby like I was host if I pressed a button to end the intro movie... I finally got it to stop by having my friend get back on PDZ and send another invite... I accepted and logged out of COD2 and went into the game with him... then popped COD2 back in to see if it was still doing it and it wasn't... don't know what happened just explainning my experience..

huh.gif

#13 lechill

lechill

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 21 February 2006 - 12:56 PM

does this still work ?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users