NOTE 2: its in the instructions, but i'll reiterate, back up all files. unless you enjoy reinstalling your game time and time again.
1. backup the following files by renaming by adding something like orig_ to the front of them
These 4 are in your adv/system/ directory
2. out of the dlc, copy the 2 xbes from the 55530038/$u and the 3 xbes from 55530041/$u to a temp directory on your pc.
3. patch all 5 xbe's by doing this
4. transfer the 5 patched .xbe's to the root folder of the game.
5. take the 4 files out of 55530041/$u/adv/system/ folder in the dlc and install it into the game folder itself at adv/system/ (where you backed up the 4 files earlier).
6. once this is complete, you may delete the u$ folder from both dlc folders.
7. now transfer 55530038/$c and 55530041/$c to your e:/tdata folder.
clear your cache, reboot, and enjoy.
if anybody finds any errors in this method, please post them. this is not a fully tested method. the game boots, loads, and has the new maps as accessible in both coop and vs (note, coop has to be in "create a mission"). but since i worked on this late, i had no one to test the maps themselves with.