• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 NobodyFresh

NobodyFresh

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 27 January 2006 - 04:07 PM

Ok just a quick question, i have a version 1.0 xbox that has the lpc holes filled. Now what i believe is that my solderless chip is not making a good connection with it so i plan to remove the solder, and just try the solderless chip that way, and if that doens't work install the pin header.

So should i desolder all the filled holes, or like it says in the xenium guide, leave the 4 up top filled? Do they need to be filled for the pin header install?

#2 wtk pro l

wtk pro l

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 122 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 27 January 2006 - 04:12 PM

well you can leave any holes filled with solder that you don't need for a pin to go into.

btw, if you are going to desolder the lpc holes u might as well solder in the pin header while your at it. plus you will get alot better connection than with the solderless adapter.

#3 NobodyFresh

NobodyFresh

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 27 January 2006 - 06:07 PM

Now im really have never soldered before, with a small soldering iron, or on an xbox.

Just a few more questions, when i go to desolder where do i place the tip? In the solder or on the side of the hole?

Also if say i get some solder on the board by the lpc hole that will ruin the board right? And when i go to solder the pin headers in to i place the tip of the iron on the pins and then touch the solder to the pin to fill the hole?

Also if theres any other soldering/desoldering tips anyone can give me it would be greatly appreciatied.

Edited by NobodyFresh, 27 January 2006 - 06:11 PM.

#4 DV8ORMODS

DV8ORMODS

X-S Senior Member

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 256 posts
  • Interests:PS3 version 1.0 no update waiting for iso loader
  • Xbox Version:v1.6d
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 29 January 2006 - 12:30 PM

put directly on top top of the lpc filled hole and predown on the braid and you will see the braid take the solder from the hole simple process I have done this many times and you really can't hurt anything by doing it just donot remove solder from any other part on the xbox

#5 novakpower

novakpower

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 379 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:none

Posted 31 January 2006 - 06:43 AM

I desolder in a similar fashion as the above poster. I add a little flux to the LPC, then apply the desolder braid then I lay my 40w iron on top of that. You will see the solder start to flow into the braid, it usually travels up about 3/4s of an inch before it stops. This will happen in seconds. I would say practice on the four LPC holes you dont need, to get the timing right. If you pull the braid off to soon it will leave some solder which is harder to remove.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users