• Please log in to reply
89 replies to this topic

#61 twistedsymphony

twistedsymphony

arrogant beyond belief

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,466 posts
  • Interests:Consoles, Computers, Cars, Arcades, Home Theater, and the modding of anything that moves.
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 01 February 2006 - 01:17 PM

Thanks for all your help... I managed get get the Compas level in good time with those tips beerchug.gif

I still haven't played any of the advanced levels but I've completed all of the beginer and intermediate levels under par and have collected all the eggs from those levels, this is a very valuable thread. happy.gif

#62 metaldevil

metaldevil

Webhead

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,224 posts
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 01 February 2006 - 02:21 PM

QUOTE(notsodiseased @ Feb 1 2006, 12:02 AM) View Post
Wow metal, I dont suppose you could write up a short description for me. My best time for that level is 6+ minutes
When I come home for lunch, I'll put something up. I can't promise pictures, though.

P.S. I'm now at about 1:35 for level 60. happy.gif Looking back, the level that gave me the most difficulty was 55. It wasn't until I decided to just jump from platform to platform instead of rolling across the beams that I made any headway.

Edited by metaldevil, 01 February 2006 - 02:25 PM.

#63 twistedsymphony

twistedsymphony

arrogant beyond belief

• Head Moderators
  • 10,466 posts
  • Interests:Consoles, Computers, Cars, Arcades, Home Theater, and the modding of anything that moves.

Posted 01 February 2006 - 02:32 PM

just noticed an interesting glitch

In single player ...

-restart whatever level you're in
-immediatly pause the game
-go into the leaderboards then exit them

now the gate around your marble is gone before the counter starts, you can get a few seconds head start biggrin.gif

#64 metaldevil

metaldevil

Webhead

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,224 posts

Posted 01 February 2006 - 06:19 PM

I've noticed something similar. If I have to pause the game for whatever reason at the beginning of a level (before the column of light disappears), when I return and unpause, objects in the game (platforms, for instance) are in a different location. Yet they stay in the same location the whole time the game is paused.

How I beat Level 60 with almost two minutes to spare: Activate the gravity modifier that's visible from the start. Take the left beam across as soon as the Traveling Bumper leaves and nab the gem on the middle beam. Quickly roll to the right beam and continue all the way down to the other side. Go all the way up for the gem then get to the checkpoint. Face the checkpoint. Roll backward (use the top-down view if you're having difficulty) onto the gem on the horizontal beam closest to you. As soon as you get the gem, boost jump to the area with a gravity modifier. Activate it and grab the Super Jump.

Go all the way down to the bottommost platform and grab the gem. Get back up to the checkpoint and head for the gem on the beam with four Traveling Bumpers. When you get the gem (while on the middle beam still), turn around 180 degrees and face the area you just came from. Jump then Super Jump back to the checkpoint. The checkpoints remember everything you have, be it gems or power-ups, every time you roll over one. It doesn't matter if you've previously activated it; it updates itself to include the change in your marble's status (even boost amount) each time you roll over it.

Now get to the top where the Super Jump is. This part's tricky. You need to roll toward the high ledge. Boost jump as soon as the path turns into a two-tile path. You'll make it up to the ledge. Roll across the beam and jump on the gem. It doesn't matter if you don't land on the beam and start to fall through the void. As long as you got the gem, you're fine. As soon as you hear the chime of success from getting the last gem, Super Jump to the yellow platforms in front of you. Activate the gravity modifier. Take the little platform up to a new Super Jump. Super Jump to the exit.

Note: I did all of this in one fell swoop. No dying. No screw-ups. And I did it fast. That's how I landed a 1:35 time. I think the top time is around 40 seconds. blink.gif

Edited by metaldevil, 01 February 2006 - 06:25 PM.

#65 notsodiseased

notsodiseased

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 804 posts

Posted 01 February 2006 - 08:30 PM

Thats F-ing rediculous. Ill give it a shot in a bit and post back if it works. I hope it does because all i need is par time for level 60.

Plus the stupid 2K gems in multiplayer, im probably around 300.

#66 MaDDaWg836

MaDDaWg836

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 76 posts

Posted 02 February 2006 - 01:03 AM

i look at the leaderboards and i see some people get insane scores like under 10 seconds in some levels. how do they do that?

#67 twistedsymphony

twistedsymphony

arrogant beyond belief

• Head Moderators
  • 10,466 posts

Posted 02 February 2006 - 01:18 AM

QUOTE(notsodiseased @ Feb 1 2006, 02:37 PM) View Post

Thats F-ing rediculous. Ill give it a shot in a bit and post back if it works. I hope it does because all i need is par time for level 60.
Plus the stupid 2K gems in multiplayer, im probably around 300.

What you do is create your own game, pick a nice flat level that's easy to get around, and allow 1 other person.

You can easily get between 80 100 gems even with another person playing a game like that.

at that rate you'll only need to play 20 or 30 games to get the achievement.

My very first online game I did this and collected about 120 gems because the other player showed up about a minute into it.

cool.gif

#68 metaldevil

metaldevil

Webhead

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,224 posts

Posted 02 February 2006 - 02:12 AM

QUOTE(MaDDaWg836 @ Feb 1 2006, 07:10 PM) View Post
i look at the leaderboards and i see some people get insane scores like under 10 seconds in some levels. how do they do that?
In a lot of the levels, grab as many hourglasses as you can. The "Bunny Slope" (beginner) is a great example. The top guy has a time of 2:30 (seconds). I'm close, but yet miles away (2:49). Other levels have things that can be exploited like bouncing on areas you're not supposed to (like bumpers). You can exploit the power-ups as well. Look back to all the "double power-up" methods I mentioned for getting the eggs. You can use them to shave huge chunks of time off your record, too.

I don't know, however, how some guys are pulling off 2-second times for the first level. I've combed every pixel of that level and haven't found any hourglasses. I'm guessing it has something to do with using boost and precision bouncing near the first ramp. If someone manages to finish the first level in 2-3 seconds, I'd love to see a clip on how you did it.

Has anyone noticed how fluid the control is? No, right? It's just so natural and smooth that you never really feel like you're playing a game. It controls intuitively like SMB3. I can't get enough of this game. All day long I daydream about super-jumping marbles. This game desperately needs a sequel. I'd shell out $60 for a full retail with massive upgrades in every department. Team marbling is a no brainer... Imagine 128 marbles on a huge board... ph34r.gif If your 360 doesn't explode, your head probably will.

Edited by metaldevil, 02 February 2006 - 02:19 AM.

#69 MaDDaWg836

MaDDaWg836

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 76 posts

Posted 02 February 2006 - 02:29 AM

well i know all the little tricks and stuff but i was referring to the 2-3 seconds that people get.

now on the last level, i can get every gem except 1 in under 1:30. the last gem is pissing me off!

#70 metaldevil

metaldevil

Webhead

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,224 posts

Posted 02 February 2006 - 10:16 AM

QUOTE(MaDDaWg836 @ Feb 1 2006, 08:36 PM) View Post
now on the last level, i can get every gem except 1 in under 1:30. the last gem is pissing me off!
Are you talking about the one that's "guarded" by regular bumpers, or are you using a different method to get the gems?

#71 metaldevil

metaldevil

Webhead

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,224 posts

Posted 02 February 2006 - 04:05 PM

Hey, guys! I just discovered a new route to get to the goal on 55. You have to do it fast, though. laugh.gif

When you start the level, wait till you at least have minimum boost. Roll forward (no turns) and try to jump on the first 1/4 of the beam with a good amount of speed. You need to land as close to the start point side of the beam because you're going to need to jump as soon as you land. As you land, keep the jump trigger held down. Boost as your marble leaves contact with the beam. This will propel you over that black and yellow wall in front of you.

Aim for the right beam once you clear that wall. At the end of this beam (before the two horizontal beams in front), jump regularly. If you haven't slowed your marble down, you should have enough momentum to jump past those two beams and onto the yellow platform with the two planks. You should also have automatically nabbed the hourglass during this jump. Just remember to start pulling your marble backward in mid air so you don't go past the yellow platform.

When you land, take the left plank upwards to the square platform containing a Super Jump. Roll as fast as you can off that platform (toward the goal) and jump at the edge of it. At this point, your boost should be filled up considerably. You might have to use it for this jump. Then Super Jump and try to land in the goal. Good luck! smile.gif

Using this route, I went from having a ~35-second time, to a ~15-second time. I'm not gonna lie to you, it's not exactly easy getting everything to work as planned, especially landing the marble on the right beam after jumping the black and yellow wall. Once you get it, though, you'll be ecstatic.

Edited by metaldevil, 02 February 2006 - 04:08 PM.

#72 MaDDaWg836

MaDDaWg836

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 76 posts

Posted 03 February 2006 - 02:20 AM

ok well i got it in 2:00 (last level) and i know how to do it. i will attempt to capture it on video but it may be crappy quality, ill try it and see how it turns out.

#73 MaDDaWg836

MaDDaWg836

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 76 posts

Posted 03 February 2006 - 02:41 AM

ok i got it on my logitech webcam and its not the best of quality but u can see what i do. i stopped it after the last gem cuz i fell down and had to do another obstacle which F-ed me up, so after the clip stop on the last platform, turn around and go 1 level down for the grav modifier and go to the exit smile.gif

Enjoy - http://www.malarkyfi...wg/Level 60.wmv

#74 yaazz

yaazz

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,562 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 03 February 2006 - 05:45 AM

marble blast is available on the internet for free, why should I pay 16 bucks for the 360 one?

#75 MaDDaWg836

MaDDaWg836

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 76 posts

Posted 03 February 2006 - 05:57 AM

because it rules and its better.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users