• Please log in to reply
1038 replies to this topic

#361 speedygonzolas3

speedygonzolas3

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 125 posts
  • Interests:Moddifying xbox, xbox 360 ect..
  • Xbox Version:v1.2
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 20 January 2007 - 11:12 PM

Hey xlinkx i was wondering, how long has your 360 been running without errors since you did all of those things?

Edited by speedygonzolas3, 20 January 2007 - 11:13 PM.

#362 xlinkx

xlinkx

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 132 posts

Posted 21 January 2007 - 08:25 AM

QUOTE(speedygonzolas3 @ Jan 21 2007, 12:19 AM) View Post

Hey xlinkx i was wondering, how long has your 360 been running without errors since you did all of those things?

4 days.

#363 speedygonzolas3

speedygonzolas3

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 125 posts

Posted 21 January 2007 - 07:18 PM

Yeah xlinkx mine has been running for 4 days also, but i was wondering how many people in this forum have the Nyko Intercooler, and have been getting errors with their 360, for instance i was running the Intercooler for about a week then my console started getting ROD error 0102 i know thats supposed to be a problem with the GPU but I was thinking that maybe this isnt such a coincidence.

#364 speedygonzolas3

speedygonzolas3

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 125 posts

Posted 21 January 2007 - 09:45 PM

Well, i got another ROD today grr.gif dont know what im going to do

#365 mygameswirelesscom

mygameswirelesscom

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 219 posts
  • Interests:Repair PSP PS2 XBOX
  • Xbox Version:v1.6b

Posted 22 January 2007 - 01:16 AM

QUOTE(speedygonzolas3 @ Jan 21 2007, 09:52 PM) View Post

Well, i got another ROD today grr.gif dont know what im going to do

hey do a one more heat gun
but this time more heat with tooth pick on !!

it will work 4 u

and do it good it will last long time
hey good luck n let us know smile.gif

#366 speedygonzolas3

speedygonzolas3

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 125 posts

Posted 23 January 2007 - 04:28 AM

QUOTE(mygameswirelesscom @ Jan 22 2007, 02:23 AM) View Post

hey do a one more heat gun
but this time more heat with tooth pick on !!

it will work 4 u

and do it good it will last long time
hey good luck n let us know smile.gif

Yeah the wierd thing is, it gave me a ROD and now it hasnt, i didnt go through and get the error code i think it may have been something else but still its wierd. Im going to watercool my xbox hopefully that will help ive just got to wait untill newegg gets my pump and radiator in. Anyways thanks guys you have been alot of help, hopefully i dont get anymore errors

#367 Safrole

Safrole

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 156 posts

Posted 24 January 2007 - 08:20 PM

Water cooling is a lot of work to do to a poorly designed system. If there was too much moisture or an insufficient temperature profile during the original manufacturing, then the errors present in your box and mine will be very difficult to permanently repair. Reducing the thermal swing with watercooling may help, but I suspect these guys who are proposing a complete reballing of the BGAs are probably on the only sure track. And by "sure" I mean only if you succeed. It's a lot like doing an open heart surgery in your living room with a steak knife and some sewing thread.

@xlink: I like your procedure. I got mine plenty hot, too, but it failed after about 50 days. I estimate 50 hrs and 25-35 thermal cycles. I think pressure on the chip while at reflow temperature would have helped me. But who really knows? Once I have enough knowledge to do the reballing, I could go that way. BTW I keep hearing a Tom Petty song in my head when I read about that.

I'm wondering about a home-based procedure. It looks like you get the chip up to reflow temp then pull it carefully off. Then clean off all the old solder with wick and wash it down with isopropyl. Then put the slightest smear of no-clean flux on each pad of chip and board, then stick a ball onto each flux spot on the board, then set the chip on them and heat it back up to reflow. Sounds easy, huh?

#368 plz help me

plz help me

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 January 2007 - 11:55 PM

my xbox well not work n it code is 20 i need help with this 1 plz i need help bad uhh.gif plz my xbox need to work im going to kill my self not raelly im dieing of bordam some 1 email me back at coryin360@hotmail.com i need to have help plz plz help any budy im baging u unsure.gif

#369 whyudie

whyudie

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 January 2007 - 10:56 PM

I got error 74 recently..anyone knows how to fixed it? Please help.. : (

#370 speedygonzolas3

speedygonzolas3

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 125 posts

Posted 26 January 2007 - 02:28 PM

QUOTE(Safrole @ Jan 24 2007, 09:27 PM) View Post

Water cooling is a lot of work to do to a poorly designed system. If there was too much moisture or an insufficient temperature profile during the original manufacturing, then the errors present in your box and mine will be very difficult to permanently repair. Reducing the thermal swing with watercooling may help, but I suspect these guys who are proposing a complete reballing of the BGAs are probably on the only sure track. And by "sure" I mean only if you succeed. It's a lot like doing an open heart surgery in your living room with a steak knife and some sewing thread...........................

Yea basiclly im just trying to buy time for my console untill I can skrwounge up the extra $$ to buy a new console, or another motherboard/drive combo off of ebay, but if anyone is internested in selling me one plz contact me at speedygonzolas3@yahoo.com, so im just wondering how long mine is going to last. Its been about 2 weeks now, so im thinking I did a pretty damn good job with the heatgun. Only time will tell.

QUOTE(whyudie @ Jan 26 2007, 12:03 AM) View Post

I got error 74 recently..anyone knows how to fixed it? Please help.. : (

If your error code is E74 you just need to buy a new AV cable

Edited by speedygonzolas3, 26 January 2007 - 02:29 PM.

#371 AquilaEagle

AquilaEagle

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 27 January 2007 - 02:43 PM

Just want to add my thanks to the forum here. I've just bought a non working xbox 360 core, to see if I could mend it and I did the heat trick with a hairdryer biggrin.gif I was getting code 0110, and that is now sorted, but I am now getting E65 when it boots up, I have checked that the DVD is all plugged in properly. Anyone know what I can check next? It is completely standard and not modded at all

Thanks

#372 speedygonzolas3

speedygonzolas3

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 125 posts

Posted 27 January 2007 - 09:47 PM

QUOTE(AquilaEagle @ Jan 27 2007, 03:50 PM) View Post

Just want to add my thanks to the forum here. I've just bought a non working xbox 360 core, to see if I could mend it and I did the heat trick with a hairdryer biggrin.gif I was getting code 0110, and that is now sorted, but I am now getting E65 when it boots up, I have checked that the DVD is all plugged in properly. Anyone know what I can check next? It is completely standard and not modded at all

Thanks

Could be a number of things you should check the list at the beginning of this thread

#373 nwo504

nwo504

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 166 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 28 January 2007 - 05:31 AM

toothpick trick worked for two weeks now its back to freezing i need to rty the heat gun tomorrow

#374 Albut35

Albut35

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 89 posts

Posted 28 January 2007 - 11:51 PM

Thanks for the guide. It saved my XBOX360:)

#375 nwo504

nwo504

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 166 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 29 January 2007 - 08:30 AM

QUOTE(nwo504 @ Jan 28 2007, 11:58 PM) View Post

toothpick trick worked for two weeks now its back to freezing i need to rty the heat gun tomorrow

update: i opened my 360 again and the toothpicks had broken. i put new ones on and its back alive. so its for sure that the gpu is the problem.

Edited by nwo504, 29 January 2007 - 08:44 AM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users