#46 Sharky3

Sharky3

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 12 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 30 May 2006 - 11:14 PM

Any idea what type of RAM the xbox 360 uses? I heard that error 0102 is a problem with the RAM. Its gotta be cheaper buying 512MB or Ram and installing it myself rather than paying the $129 repair charge.

#47 cdub998

cdub998

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 01 June 2006 - 12:12 AM

So I had a 360 for 3 days and it died. I just pulled 0102 has anyone figured that one out yet? By the way its deffinatly not fixed yet as the build date on mine was 3-24-06.

#48 twistedsymphony

twistedsymphony

arrogant beyond belief

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,465 posts
  • Interests:Consoles, Computers, Cars, Arcades, Home Theater, and the modding of anything that moves.
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 02 June 2006 - 02:11 PM

error code "0102" is LITTERALLY "unknown problem" meaning the Xbox doesn't even know what's wrong sad.gif

Top post updated... thanks to sowa99 and XGX xINSANITYx we now have possible definitions for 0022 and E65 beerchug.gif

#49 G0t M4xx 21

G0t M4xx 21

X-S Freak

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,990 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 02 June 2006 - 06:00 PM

QUOTE(Sharky3 @ May 30 2006, 05:21 PM) View Post

Any idea what type of RAM the xbox 360 uses? I heard that error 0102 is a problem with the RAM. Its gotta be cheaper buying 512MB or Ram and installing it myself rather than paying the $129 repair charge.

Samsung K4J52324QC-BC14 - 512Mbit GDDR3

Datasheet:

http://www.samsung.c...324qc_rev14.pdf

Doesn't look easy to replace, it's a 136pin BGA (ball grid array), unlike the ram chips on the Xbox 1.

QUOTE(grim_d @ May 12 2006, 10:29 AM) View Post

dont be afriad to buy a 360, the reason you hear about so many consoles failing is because people who have working ones don't complain laugh.gif

say even you saw 30 people on here with defunk consoles, theres another 1000 whos are perfect

Exactly. I haven't had one single problem yet with my 360 (knock on wood), it runs great. All I did was put Arctic Silver 5 on the heatsinks, and put a heatsink on the southbridge.

Since I've heard about all these ram problems, I'm going to work on a way to cool all the ram chips effectively, since only 2 of the 8 have anough room around them to put a heatsink on.

Edited by G0t M4xx 21, 02 June 2006 - 06:09 PM.

#50 illidur

illidur

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 03 June 2006 - 07:05 PM

QUOTE(twistedsymphony @ Jun 2 2006, 09:18 AM) View Post

error code "0102" is LITTERALLY "unknown problem" meaning the Xbox doesn't even know what's wrong sad.gif

that right there means im sol .... 0102 here. happend yesterday,no warranty, 129$ for a problem that is unknown = bs. i had mine since day 1 tho. mostly played halo 2, oblivion & graw (which the problem happend on). somebody should find out what the possibilitys of defect are, and a way to repair. i would be grateful.

#51 OpenXbox

OpenXbox

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 143 posts

Posted 03 June 2006 - 11:06 PM

I get 0110 what the hell is that?

#52 Team Modfreakz

Team Modfreakz

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 03 June 2006 - 11:25 PM

Hallo together!!

I think I have a solution for error 0102.

My x360 has the 3 blinking lights (error 0102). The Xbox360 was booting up and suddenly it froze, sometimes at X-logo or in dashboard. Sometimes I had also picture errors. (Vertical stripes and many rectangles) After 20-40 reboots I got it to work!

Then I opened my xbox, turned it on and touched the BGA memory chips. During this the xbox got more pixel errors and if I pressed strong enough, all pixel errors disappeared. blink.gif

I thought that I have found the problem, but when I pressed on the Southbridge the same thing happened again. Sometimes more picture mistakes sometimes less. So this means, that the problem is something there.

I remembered, that I still have a Ti4600 GPU with defective BGA RAMs. It makes funny signs and symbols if I touch it. So I used my Hot-air (http://www.freepler....60/01010007.jpg) and heated up this BGA chips. Then I waited till the graphic card have a normal temperature. And you will not believe it! All runs OK, no changes when I touch the RAMs. I also played with it and tested it with benchmark, no problem any more. biggrin.gif

And now!! I have done the same work with my xbox360. And also here, everything works in the best way!!
no freeze, no pixelerrors or horrible noise and no bootup problems.

I think MS has saved on high-quality tin-solder. mad.gif

Attention!! I cannot guarantee that it will also works on your xbox360!!
If you still want trying it, be carefully and do not move or touch anything when you heat them up.
http://www.freepler....60/01010005.jpg

Edited by Team Modfreakz, 03 June 2006 - 11:30 PM.

#53 illidur

illidur

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 05 June 2006 - 02:41 AM

well my error 0102 happend when i made this account, and since then i havn't found anything on the net so far telling me what to do. shortly before it happend my memory card port took a dump ( suspiciously after somebody in my house cut the power while i was booting up) after that it still worked and hdd was fine. but a few days later i booted it up with halo2 in the drive and returned to dash. ejected it, putting graw in and i got to the "game experience may change during online play " screen and it froze with a beeping sound. i tried restarting it and it froze with little blocks around the 360 logo. after that ive been getting 3 red lights of doom. i got the chassy off right now but i dont have the right bit to get the rest of the screws off. i got some with my allen wrench. so i can't look inside yet.... that means 0102 for my console is definitly not overheating. any info would help! thanks

#54 twistedsymphony

twistedsymphony

arrogant beyond belief

• Members
  • 10,465 posts
  • Interests:Consoles, Computers, Cars, Arcades, Home Theater, and the modding of anything that moves.

Posted 05 June 2006 - 02:13 PM

QUOTE(OpenXbox @ Jun 3 2006, 06:13 PM) View Post

I get 0110 what the hell is that?

are you sure it's not 0011?

#55 OpenXbox

OpenXbox

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 143 posts

Posted 05 June 2006 - 08:17 PM

I am sure i get 0110. I took it all apart and got it to give me the 2 overheating lights and then i turned it off for a few hours. I tried it again and it booted up. I then put it back together and got the 3 red lights with the same error code.

#56 twistedsymphony

twistedsymphony

arrogant beyond belief

• Members
  • 10,465 posts

Posted 05 June 2006 - 09:11 PM

looks like a new code sad.gif

#57 jasrCSU

jasrCSU

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 10 June 2006 - 05:58 PM

3 Lights and an error code 0021 here. Any clues as to what this is? This started after my house was hit by lighting. I swapped the power and av cable from a working console and it still gave me the 3 red lights. I swapped my harddrive over and that is still ok. I have not registered or bought an extended warrenty. I bought it the day it came out from bestbuy. Is there any hope in contacting MS to get it fixed?

#58 kingmadness

kingmadness

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 12 June 2006 - 11:05 PM

hi

seems i have an error code 0001. have triple checked is def this code. ?

what a pain in the ass.. !

says it is the psu.

has anyone else ever had this code ?

blink.gif

#59 dryphter

dryphter

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 June 2006 - 11:55 PM

This is getting really frustrated..First off I dont want to pay the $130 for repairs that i didnt do..I was getting the error code 0102 and the thing wouldnt boot up at all, I decided to open it...just out of curiosity to see what was inside, I remove everything and inside seems so spacious...so I know overheating wasnt a problem, plugged it in and guess what...It WORKS...alay lu ya!!!! it turned on, I put Fight Night in, tested out for one round and was sure it was working again, Put the thing back together and POOF another error code, but this one is 0021(some guy had same problem but said it was AV cable, I hardly doubt that..Now the Fight Night I had in the tray would not pop out and that dam 0021 comes up 2 seconds after I boot up. Open it up again and now it remains with the code 0021 error and it seems more frustrating than the 0102 error. AWWWWW somebody help me, help me please! Since I opened it would M$ still repair it for $130 or does anyone know what this could be, any help would be appreciated. thanks

#60 vERdugox

vERdugox

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts
  • Interests:First Person Shooter<br />Racing<br />Role Playing Game<br />Music - A LOT<br />SCENE - Xbox Mod
  • Xbox Version:none

Posted 13 June 2006 - 01:20 AM

QUOTE(jasrCSU @ Jun 10 2006, 06:05 PM) View Post

3 Lights and an error code 0021 here. Any clues as to what this is? This started after my house was hit by lighting. I swapped the power and av cable from a working console and it still gave me the 3 red lights. I swapped my harddrive over and that is still ok. I have not registered or bought an extended warrenty. I bought it the day it came out from bestbuy. Is there any hope in contacting MS to get it fixed?

personally i have no idea of what 0021 can be, i had 0020 and im pretty sure it was GPU Fried!, anyway, since you know its the console and get the 3 red lights go and call MS, even if you have not registered or bought extended warranty, they will repair it or send you a refurbished one (my refurbished works so far so good... a lot more than the other one), you just DONT TELL THEM ANYTHING ABOUT THE LIGHTING or else they will probably say its not their fault and wont repair anything.

hope to be any help

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Facebook (1)