1038 replies to this topic

#601 Z3ROMIS3RY

Z3ROMIS3RY

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 November 2007 - 02:16 AM

Hey,

I have a problem apparently with my AV cable, I turn on my system and wait 25 seconds and then i get 4 red lights every time, i read what to do and tried them all and none seem to work....is there a problem with the system or still the plugs. If anyone has an advice let me know.
Thank You

#602 Raketes

Raketes

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 November 2007 - 05:58 PM

Hi, after 11 months of owning the console, i got 3 red lights, and i freaked out.
I did some searching but the blinking and the pathern is kinda strange, i got the console horizontaly and there are the folowing lights blinking simultaneous: 1st(top left) 3rt(lower right) and 4th(lower left), the 2nd isn't on. (horizontal count).
I tried to get the code error but when i press sync and Eject, my drive ejects and the lights keep blinking... can't understand.
Anyone knows what this is? i was playing Bioshock before lunch and when i got back the console started doing this. Netherless to say that it doesn't give any message on tv.
And also the PSU is green when 360 is on and orange when turned off.
(and the console has been opened... tham it).

Edited by Raketes, 01 November 2007 - 06:01 PM.

#603 barndogg

barndogg

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 November 2007 - 04:01 AM

yer im getting error code 1013 = E71, i just done the towel thing, turned the cunt on and worked, put my memory card in and it froze, i turned it off and am just gonna let it cool for 15mins while mums watchin t.v. if it red rings of deaths again and it doesnt work after the towel thing, i will be contemplating the walmart fix, or here in australia, the big w.

fucken microsoft and dodgy engineering.

#604 brandogg

brandogg

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,091 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 02 November 2007 - 04:22 AM

Woah, sorry I'm not replying to the topic in question, but your name just freaked me out...if you're talking about swapping your broken system with a good one (buying a new one and returning your old one in the box)...then you're not gonna get much more than that 1 post you have though.

#605 barndogg

barndogg

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 November 2007 - 05:48 AM

aww god that freaked me out seeing your last post brandogg. i just turned on my 360, so far so good. as for what you said brandogg, what did you mean bout the 1 post comment

#606 barndogg

barndogg

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 November 2007 - 09:22 AM

i just turned it on and it froze again and got the red ring, its pissin me off

#607 richmann

richmann

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 November 2007 - 06:05 PM

hay guys and gals when you get error 0020 think we have found out wot the problem is we think its a bad earth on the power socket on the 360 its self and posabil the hdd as well

hope this helps some ppl

#608 Skydiving_101

Skydiving_101

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 November 2007 - 08:13 PM

HELP!!!

Ok I have been showing an E-64 on my system since like Feb. I had no idea what to do and then all of a sudden it just started working again on Sun. I went to turn it on today and its back. What do i do. Im out of War. and i need to get it fixed were haveing a Halo battle this weekend any clues?
Thanks,

#609 mprinkey

mprinkey

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 05 November 2007 - 06:06 PM

Just wanted to say thanks for everyone posting info here. I had a system with a 0020 error. I tore it completely down, removed the heatsinks and applied a heat gun to both the CPU and the GPU. That seems to have done the trick. I've reassembled and have been running it nonstop for several hours now.

#610 Kunzy

Kunzy

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 November 2007 - 12:28 AM

Ok, im workin on a 360. Got the ROD.

The second error code is 0102. So, i opened her up and started messin. I got the heatsinks off, cleaned them, put some AS5 on and put the heatsinks back on. I did the screws tight as i could to see if i could help the supposed cold joint. I got it all back together and powered her on. I got the 3 red lights again.

I turned it off, put pressure on the GPU and turned it on. It was a no-go. I noticed that the heatsink got hot fast.

I read something about over heating it to re-solder the broken joints. How do i do this? The links on how to do it on page 1 dont work.

Got suggestions?

#611 MaximusX15

MaximusX15

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 08 November 2007 - 04:24 PM

0020 (Not yet known, possibly overheating)

I've figured this code out tongue.gif it is when the motherboard is bent! if you have one of the heatsink scres (x-clamp or just the tiny black screws that connect the shell to the mobo) too tight or they are all uneven it causes the motherboard to be bent. its an instant 3 lights. no two second pause like error 0102.. idk i think you should update the error code list smile.gif

#612 ICEFIR3

ICEFIR3

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 09 November 2007 - 08:15 PM

I have to, at least partially, agree with above...

Here's my story (sorta summarized)

Accidentally left cabinet door closed while playing few hour session. Said "OH SHIT!" when I noticed and opened the door to my 360+ degree 360. sad.gif

Turned it off and actually didn't play for a couple days.

Next time I go to play, video is kinda wonky... turn it off and back on, video is fixed.

Next day I turn on the 360, seems to boot fine but no video or audio... and no RLoD... Tried different cables, no different.

Learn about XClamp, pennies, eraser, towels and all that shit... Decide I'm going to try some out as my Box no longer qualifies for warranty.

Spend 1/2 day trying to implement XClamp fix. (After booting the first time after doing so I start getting the 3RLoD) AND every time I make an adjustment I get a different error code.

Codes I received at various points: 0001, 0002, 0012, 0020, 0022, 0102, and even 1022!!

The most common I ran into were: 0020 (the ?? one), 0001 (PSU error) and 0102.

Modifying the amount of tension on the screws and heating the board/CPU/GPU would trigger these issues.

I've now gotten my 360 going twice by readjusting the HS screws and heating it up with a heat gun.

I just finished doing it the second time, I'll report back once I see how long this lasts.

I think that tightening your screws too hard will trigger 0020 (and even 0001) which warps the board, similarily how the XClamps did. So when doing XClamp fix, be sure to start with the screws barely even snug and keep trying to boot. AND remember to boot it up twice for each test so that you're sure the error has been cleared in the POST.

GL.

#613 Cobb2003

Cobb2003

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 10 November 2007 - 11:54 PM

Seems a dead power suply unit can also cause 3rrod error code 0002.
hope this helps.

#614 FrederickUK

FrederickUK

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 13 November 2007 - 10:44 PM

I've fixed two 0020 360's and I'm quietly confident that it's the north-east corner of the GPU lifting from the board. I've done xclamp replacement on both of the boxes and it's been that particular corner that's needed a quarter turn more pressure before the box boots back into life.

I've got an 0102 box infront of me at the minute, and that one has responed to pressure on the north-west corner of the GPU (all I did was move the dvd drive out the way, press down north-west of the gpu heatsink and it booted up straight away.

I'm still going to perform xclamp replacement and renew the heat transfer compound as a matter of course (plus the fact I'm being paid for it, so it has to last!) but I'm just relaying my findings on this.

By north-east and north-west, I'm looking at the box from the front, light ring pointing towards you, case open and dvd drive out of the way.

Hope this helps anyone smile.gif

#615 mpphotographics

mpphotographics

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 November 2007 - 12:15 AM

QUOTE(FrederickUK @ Nov 13 2007, 10:20 PM) View Post

I've fixed two 0020 360's and I'm quietly confident that it's the north-east corner of the GPU lifting from the board. I've done xclamp replacement on both of the boxes and it's been that particular corner that's needed a quarter turn more pressure before the box boots back into life.

I've got an 0102 box infront of me at the minute, and that one has responed to pressure on the north-west corner of the GPU (all I did was move the dvd drive out the way, press down north-west of the gpu heatsink and it booted up straight away.

I'm still going to perform xclamp replacement and renew the heat transfer compound as a matter of course (plus the fact I'm being paid for it, so it has to last!) but I'm just relaying my findings on this.

By north-east and north-west, I'm looking at the box from the front, light ring pointing towards you, case open and dvd drive out of the way.

Hope this helps anyone smile.gif

Hi Frederick!

Do you offer a repair service or are you just doing it for a freind?

My 360 has error code 0102 too but i've already sent it to somebody on ebay a few months ago. He did the xclamp thing and it's worked well since until now. I overheated it with the towels and it worked for about 30 minutes so it must be some sort of warping or solder problem. Do you think it could still be fixed again?

I have also seen the error message E79 a couple of times.

Any help or advice is much appreciated smile.gif

Mark.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users