• Please log in to reply
1038 replies to this topic

#646 TOWNEND9

TOWNEND9

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 January 2008 - 01:43 PM

can anyone help. i have E74. what do i do?

#647 xbox360_720

xbox360_720

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 January 2008 - 11:31 PM

Wow, thanks for the thorough explanation. Microsoft really screwed themselves not taking care of these problems before releasing the 360. At least the newer models are not nearly as prone to these errors. But for the rest of us, it has kinda been really shi**y!

#648 AbuseTheElderly

AbuseTheElderly

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 80 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 04:41 AM

Hi, I recently got the 3RLOD with a secondary error code of 0020 and all I had to do to fix it was open the case, unhook the fans and turn it on. Once It started over heating (switched to the two left lights) i set it infront of a space heater about 6 inches away with the heater on high for about 15 minutes. Immediately after that I shut it down plugged the fans back in and powered it back on and the problem was solved. Played a game on it with no problems. im guessing its just a cold solder joint somewhere. Hope this helps someone. beerchug.gif

#649 Red_Light

Red_Light

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 07:50 PM

Somebody fix 0003? Prompt that all the same it for an error. And how it to treat

#650 FortunaEnterprises

FortunaEnterprises

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 24 January 2008 - 10:00 PM

Hey guys the company I work for buys store returns and overstock merchandise to sell online. We recently bought a huge truckload that had a lot of XBOX 360’s. About 900 units or so. We been repairing the units and here is what we discovered.

Code 0020 and Code 0102 are the most likely to work with compound replacement

Code 0020 is more likely to work then code 0102

Code 0110 turns into 0022 when compound replaced buy why? (Tried on 4 units)

(Guessing) Code 0110 and 0022 is an issue with airflow in the unit.
Haven’t fixed any yet but others online fixed 0110 with airflow mod.

(Research Says) Code 0021 is a time out issue with the Drive (haven’t fixed any yet)

Anyone know what Code 0021 and Code 0103 is?

If you get any with ERROR 67, 68, 69 – tri swapping out the Hard Drive

ERROR 74 Code 1022 is a problem with the "ANA" or "HANA" chip – has anyone found a fix yet?

Information on Other Problems

* No Video Output – Make sure your switch on the AV cable is on the right setting
TV or HDTV. Sometimes this helps. We do get some with this issue where this doesn’t help. We know the cable is good. Does anyone have a fix?

* Will Not Power On. - Try without the faceplate on. Sometimes the power button is jammed in and keeps you from turning the unit on.

* Bad Tray – Tri using a needle in the CD Drive pinhole. Sometimes just doing this a couple of times will fix the door for good. Also helps with getting the disc out.

* White screen says put disc in 360 can be caused if you swap drives around from multiple units. Its possible to be fixed but looks like a pain in the but.

uhh.gif Purple screen says something about the hard drive – what is this?

uhh.gif Dashboard says “unplayable disc” or doesn’t recognize disc is in unit – no fix found yet.

uhh.gif Are there any codes that can be fixed by holding the sync button when you turn the power on? “Clear Any Failed system updates”

unsure.gif ---------------------------------------------

We sell our broken ones on overstock.com auctions starting at just 99 cents under our name of fortunainc and we also sell them off on our website www.fortunaliquidations.com if you guys need more parts.

#651 MacDrunk

MacDrunk

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 January 2008 - 04:17 AM

0102, warranty expierd, any ideas on how to fix that problem???

#652 sowa99

sowa99

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 184 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 28 January 2008 - 11:51 AM

ERROR 74 Code 1022 is a problem with the "ANA" or "HANA" chip – has anyone found a fix yet?
There could be problems with ana/hana swap because these chips are "per box". They are married with flash and flash is marriend wich CPU..

Anyway, I think it's not problem with ana/hana at all.. I had few consoles with E74/1022 codes and in EVERY boxes it had problem with GPU.. Yup, xclamp work for me, so try it first..

PS. Now, I'll search for possible fix for errors:

I have few ideas smile.gif

Regards, Sowa

Edited by sowa99, 28 January 2008 - 11:55 AM.

#653 sowa99

sowa99

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 184 posts

Posted 30 January 2008 - 12:34 PM

Duble post sorry, but i find at my pc few new codes.. Some time ago somebody post it at xboxhacker.net, iI can't find this post now, but it seems they are real..

0011 - CPU Overheating
0012 - GPU Overheating
0013 - RAM Overheating
0030 - Problem with temp. control

#654 chevellecrazy600

chevellecrazy600

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 01 February 2008 - 02:40 AM

sooooo im getting an 0001 error. am i pretty much screwed? any way to fix without sending it to ms? its been opened. so no warranty. there is a scorch mark under the psu, except is about 1 in away from it. ideas?

#655 dimpelman

dimpelman

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 February 2008 - 11:32 AM

Going crazy here :-) 3 weeks ago my dvd player (samsung) started to give errors (open tray error codes), it wa completely out of the blue, used it without problems for 2 years. Then after a week it suddenly dissapeared. Till yesterday, cause then i received the first ROD ever sad.gif leds 1,3 and 4 where blinking red. So i tried everything, open the 360, reconnected the dvd player etc etc. Didnt help, tried for like 1 hour to let it run fine again, but no green led sad.gif the, after 2 hours it suddenly went on without an problem! but when wanted to start a game, it tried to read the dvd and it froze... I went mad LOL :-)

When i push the on button, i immediatly hear the dvd making a loud sound, so i still think its the dvd player. I tried to generate the secondary (hidden) error codes, but it didnt responded to it.

Anybody can confirm that its the dvd player? Looks like it i think?

#656 sowa99

sowa99

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 184 posts

Posted 01 February 2008 - 02:53 PM

E71: possibly a dashboard update error, Check below in the "Console Reset Codes" for instructions. If that does not work there is no other solution and the console must be sent back to MS for repair.
Hm, it's pretty clear that timing attack will work for this error.. Too bad, I haven't console with E71.. But, maybe I can get it with infectus and hex editor hehe smile.gif So need to be confirmed

#657 catatronix

catatronix

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 07 February 2008 - 04:04 AM

QUOTE(AbuseTheElderly @ Jan 20 2008, 11:17 PM) View Post

Hi, I recently got the 3RLOD with a secondary error code of 0020 and all I had to do to fix it was open the case, unhook the fans and turn it on. Once It started over heating (switched to the two left lights) i set it infront of a space heater about 6 inches away with the heater on high for about 15 minutes. Immediately after that I shut it down plugged the fans back in and powered it back on and the problem was solved. Played a game on it with no problems. im guessing its just a cold solder joint somewhere. Hope this helps someone. beerchug.gif

I do the thermal paste over and all is well, it is kind of labor intense to remove all those screws, and the X-clamp can be a little tricky at times.

QUOTE(dimpelman @ Feb 1 2008, 06:08 AM) View Post

Going crazy here :-) 3 weeks ago my dvd player (samsung) started to give errors (open tray error codes), it wa completely out of the blue, used it without problems for 2 years. Then after a week it suddenly dissapeared. Till yesterday, cause then i received the first ROD ever sad.gif leds 1,3 and 4 where blinking red. So i tried everything, open the 360, reconnected the dvd player etc etc. Didnt help, tried for like 1 hour to let it run fine again, but no green led sad.gif the, after 2 hours it suddenly went on without an problem! but when wanted to start a game, it tried to read the dvd and it froze... I went mad LOL :-)

When i push the on button, i immediatly hear the dvd making a loud sound, so i still think its the dvd player. I tried to generate the secondary (hidden) error codes, but it didnt responded to it.

Anybody can confirm that its the dvd player? Looks like it i think?

You are on your way to getting the :(leds 1,3 and 4 blinking red; it will work for couple more time and then you might get e74 error, then 3 red lights....I have seen it one too many times.

QUOTE(sowa99 @ Jan 28 2008, 06:27 AM) View Post

There could be problems with ana/hana swap because these chips are "per box". They are married with flash and flash is marriend wich CPU..

Anyway, I think it's not problem with ana/hana at all.. I had few consoles with E74/1022 codes and in EVERY boxes it had problem with GPU.. Yup, xclamp work for me, so try it first..

PS. Now, I'll search for possible fix for errors:

I have few ideas smile.gif

Regards, Sowa

You need to do X-clamp work on the GPU side, i ran into some of those bad boys.

QUOTE(TOWNEND9 @ Jan 19 2008, 08:19 AM) View Post

can anyone help. i have E74. what do i do?

GPU...need X-Clamp work....

#658 Wilhelm_I

Wilhelm_I

X-S Hacker

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,818 posts
  • Interests:Fixing n modding 360s<br />Playing online with my clan<br />Having fun with my mates<br />Coding stuff...
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 09 February 2008 - 06:14 PM

I just fixed a launch xbox that had the layer on the gpu-heatpads...
It had the error 0022 and it works now...
I did the x-clamp replacement turned it back on still 0022...
So I overheated it(fans plugged out) let it cool down for 30 minutes and after that it worked again biggrin.gif
Thanks for this tutorial
I hope this helps these who got 0022 as I didnt find a single guy who reported this to be working when I used the search function

#659 gotskunk

gotskunk

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 09 February 2008 - 07:07 PM

my 360 crapped out about a month ago. Got the E74 1022 error. I tried the x-clamp fix last saturday and had it working again but it just died on me again today. Same error codes. Is there anything else I can do to bring it back to life again?

As I said before I did the x-clamp replacement and the baking trick along with it. The system worked fine for almost a week then I was playing COD4 and started getting black spots on the screen. If I switched to night vision the spots turned red.

Anyone have any info that could help me?

Thanks

#660 jayceonblaze

jayceonblaze

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 15 February 2008 - 10:47 PM

How do I check to see what error code I'm getting? I know it says the sync up button but where is it located?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users