X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 53 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 18 June 2009 - 07:53 AM

QUOTE(gizbug @ May 11 2009, 12:11 PM) View Post

I have the " E73: General Hardware Error: Ethernet port... this error is caused by a problem with the Ethernet port." Error.

I use wireless adapter, and not ethernet port. Any way to fix this?

E73 is not actually caused by the Ethernet port, it's a HSIO bus related error. In another word, caused by the GPU

#902 blackgold

blackgold

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 June 2009 - 11:38 PM

I found this guide that fixes like most xbox failures. Check it out.
tinyurl[.]com/ny9klg

Edited by blackgold, 22 June 2009 - 11:40 PM.

#903 scorpionrecords

scorpionrecords

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 135 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 27 June 2009 - 01:58 AM

QUOTE(jager673 @ Nov 22 2007, 11:43 PM) View Post

Ok my problem is i have the Error Code 0020 and i have done both the heat gun method and the x-clamp method and it STILL gives me the Error.. I checked the mobo to make sure its not bent and its not. I also loosened the screws and what not still gives me that SAME error. Anyone have an idea what else could cause it?

EXACT SAME PROBLEM!!!!! I can't seem to fix this problem... uhh.gif

#904 TheRedDeath

TheRedDeath

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 28 June 2009 - 10:35 PM

0020 - Check the tightness of the screws for the GPU. Do the x-clamp fix make sure the screws aren't to tight.
i loosened the screws on mine and its worked perfect since.
Definitely has to do with the GPU though

#905 Gir489

Gir489

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 166 posts
  • Interests:XBOX 0wning.
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 03 July 2009 - 04:50 PM

0110: RAM error

The box that had this error was filthy. It also had a mess-ton of excess thermal compound everywhere from Microsoft.

On the epoxy on the side of the chips. All over the bed resistors. Some of it was on the ANA. Some of it was near the RAM chips.

It wasn't like a flood of thermal compound like on the epoxy, it was more of dots of thermal compound were sprayed all over the board.

When I removed all remaining excess thermal compound from the board, and did the Xclamp replacement, the box worked again.

Just thought I'd report this.

The box's info:

Drive: BenQ (Originally was a Hitachi)
Board: Xenon (refurbished by Microsoft)
Mfr date: 2006-06-06 (I doubt that's when this board was made)

He said he sent it away less than a year ago.

Edited by Gir489, 03 July 2009 - 04:54 PM.

#906 scorpionrecords

scorpionrecords

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 135 posts

Posted 03 July 2009 - 11:04 PM

ERROR CODE 0020 - THERE IS A CAPACITOR LOOSE UNDER THE GPU!!!!!!! 50/50 SHOT TO GET IT SOLDERED ON GOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#907 tonaldo85

tonaldo85

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 July 2009 - 11:55 AM

hi,
i also get an error 0102. I have repair a lot og boxes with the xclamp methode. but this box will not run with this fix. so i tried the hot air fix and it is still dead. with what temperature must i go on the board?? and what else can i do when it will not work??
i also wonder about one thing: the cpu cooling shink not heating up like normal, it is not so hot like in other boxes.

#908 nagamin

nagamin

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 331 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 21 July 2009 - 09:16 PM

Hi,

Error 0102 can be fix with heat treatment, except you GPU BGA seat was damage like this-

IPB Image

#909 diedraneous

diedraneous

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 02:14 AM

E74

E74 is a motherboard failure code-you can actually reflow the board and get it working again, but the E74 will return within a couple of months. It is so bad that MS is replacing E74s that it gets more than once-and refurbishers aren't even taking them in anymore. My friend who owns a Play N Trade says that they won't even take them anymore because they are such a pain. Best bet is if you have a warranty to send it in to MS-otherwise, if you know how, reflow the mobo and see if that helps....basically at this point your GPU is no longer contacting the mobo properly and that is why you are getting an E74...reflowing fixes it for a small period of time.

blink.gif

#910 L14M333

L14M333

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 63 posts
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 30 July 2009 - 04:24 PM

Hi... ive fixed about 5 xbox 360's and i have this Elite in with the falcon motherboard what i thought was microsoft's solution to all this... i got it in with E74 so i did my usual x-clamp... it worked for about a week and then the screen started fuzzing... sometimes would boot with E74 sometimes would last 10 mins... so i did some looking into it and i believe that it was the HANA chip... so i got a heat gun and gave it a good blasting (never done it before but i went by a gude when i did it)... then i booted it up with 3 red rings. This was before i knew about the secondary error codes... so i gave up on it and told my brother (buys the broken ones) that it wasnt going to work... so i just left it but yestoday i had to attempt a reflow on another console so i got the elite back out after and then i found out about the secondary error codes... looked mine up and it was 3 Red Lights With 0103 so i looked it up and it was a cold joint or something under the GPU so i reflowed it twice and no luck... so then i heard it was linked with 0102 and i read that the penny trick on the ram chips worked for that so i did that also attempting to reflow the Ram chips and now when i boot i get an on going error what is something like 010100010101001 and it dont stop... does anyone have any ideas or have i F@%KED this one up???

Thanks in advanced

Liam

#911 xboxlovers77

xboxlovers77

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 03 August 2009 - 07:07 PM

QUOTE(L14M333 @ Jul 30 2009, 04:24 PM) View Post

Hi... ive fixed about 5 xbox 360's and i have this Elite in with the falcon motherboard what i thought was microsoft's solution to all this... i got it in with E74 so i did my usual x-clamp... it worked for about a week and then the screen started fuzzing... sometimes would boot with E74 sometimes would last 10 mins... so i did some looking into it and i believe that it was the HANA chip... so i got a heat gun and gave it a good blasting (never done it before but i went by a gude when i did it)... then i booted it up with 3 red rings. This was before i knew about the secondary error codes... so i gave up on it and told my brother (buys the broken ones) that it wasnt going to work... so i just left it but yestoday i had to attempt a reflow on another console so i got the elite back out after and then i found out about the secondary error codes... looked mine up and it was 3 Red Lights With 0103 so i looked it up and it was a cold joint or something under the GPU so i reflowed it twice and no luck... so then i heard it was linked with 0102 and i read that the penny trick on the ram chips worked for that so i did that also attempting to reflow the Ram chips and now when i boot i get an on going error what is something like 010100010101001 and it dont stop... does anyone have any ideas or have i F@%KED this one up???

Thanks in advanced

Liam

yep...i have two of those..All Falcon..none succesfully. heatgunning, reflow, oven, penny...hybrid fix all of them...none
never ending 0100010103010 (or something like that) or sometimes give code only 0103..
i think it's RAM/ANA Related (reflow with overmeasure temperature) since the GPU was OK...it "Green" for one night...and the next day those disaster came...

#912 drvladson

drvladson

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 06 August 2009 - 10:34 AM

E73 Error code (1021) - x-clamps on the Southbridge and Reflow SB did not help: (
Can help Reflow of GPU? Or reballing?

#913 MadMaxGR

MadMaxGR

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,803 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 06 August 2009 - 01:35 PM

I think your solution is a rework station . Last night I fixed a 0102 with it without any problem. runs smoothly now.

#914 drvladson

drvladson

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 06 August 2009 - 02:44 PM

QUOTE(MadMaxGR @ Aug 6 2009, 03:35 PM) View Post
I think your solution is a rework station . Last night I fixed a 0102 with it without any problem. runs smoothly now.

Reflow? Or reballing?
I have one, the old Aoyue 852

#915 lildimsum7

lildimsum7

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 08 August 2009 - 07:37 PM

wow... so i tried fixing a 2 red light error 0013 with a heatgun and i did everything in wilhelm's tutorial and concentrated on the RAM chips. nothing got burned. the next day, i put my 360 together and i get 3 red lights. first time i check 2ndary code, i get 0000. next time, 0001, 0100, 0010... but the thing is that it never goes back to the 3 red lights. what's going on with my 360?!?!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users