• Please log in to reply
1038 replies to this topic

#1006 Azza_ftw

Azza_ftw

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 02:32 PM

My xbox is a falcon but only shows 3 numbers instead of 4?

it shows 0 1 0 then goes back to 3 red rings, is this normal?

#1007 superfireball123

superfireball123

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 400 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 26 September 2010 - 04:32 PM

QUOTE(Azza_ftw @ Sep 23 2010, 09:32 AM) View Post

My xbox is a falcon but only shows 3 numbers instead of 4?

it shows 0 1 0 then goes back to 3 red rings, is this normal?

It may be 0110 and if it were 3 it would not be normal and if it is 0110 the ram has a colder solder joint

#1008 James33

James33

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 30 September 2010 - 02:42 AM

QUOTE(NewShockerGuy @ Aug 27 2010, 06:01 PM) View Post

Out of the blue I just got 3 rrod ... 1020... Awesome!

Just tried reflowing and that doesn't seem to fix the issue at all....

It was working perfectly fine last I played.. All I did was add a fan header to my mobo (xeon) and now get this... just awesome. Thanks microsoft ,go suck a dick!

-Nigel

Wow, you messed around with it and you blamed Micosoft for the screw up lol

#1009 fedebrenes

fedebrenes

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 October 2010 - 09:16 AM

Hello guys!

ok.. when I turn on my Xbox 360, I get the 1,3 and 4 lights flashing Red
As I read the threas at the beginning, that's a general hardware problem

So I tried to use the trick of holding the sync button and pressing several times the eject button until you get a 4 number code... but I usually just get all 4 lights illuminated... and that means a 0000 code... but there is no 0000 in the list

Even though I did get once a 0300 code, but it's not in the list either...

I tried to unplug all cables from the xbox, then reconnect them all... and removing the hard drive.. then turning on the console but I still get the same problem (1, 3 and 4 flashing red)

P.S. When I removed the hard drive and turned on the xbox, I tried the trick and got the code 0110, which means: "likely a Ram error, this can be caused by a cold or bridged solder joint on one of the Ram chips."
Could this be it? or I get that code just because I have my hard drive removed and then the console canīt recognize it connected to it??

Hope you can help me smile.gif

Fedebrenes

#1010 Haze666

Haze666

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 16 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 02 November 2010 - 01:06 PM

0103 was a DVD drive error, on a 6717dash Falcon board.
Had the dvd drive out, while fixing E74, booted to dash and before the blades spread out, it went to e71.

#1011 ars0n

ars0n

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 126 posts

Posted 05 November 2010 - 07:03 AM

I would like to add a new error i ran into today.

Not sure if it posted up....

When trying to retrieve the error code when RROD.

I would get all 0's (4 lights) no matter what. Even trying to push eject to keep getting the codes, it would constantly blink 0's never changing.

Sometimes it wouldnt even end the error code test, and just keep blinking on all 4 lights.

If you randomly get weird codes, all 0's or any other unusual reading...

1. Try pushing down on the video port (metal casing on mobo by ethernet port) while booting up.

This fixed the problem, either heat gun the area or find something to put pressure on. And Done.

#1012 sacahi2

sacahi2

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 03:33 PM

I don't know much about the codes for the 360, but we have a black 360 elite and over the weekend it's stopped working. We hear it start up and the green lights do their normal thing and then the center will stay lit green, but nothing will come up over the tv. we can see anything nor hear anything. we've tried switching out the hdmi cables with the av cables it came with but that doesn't make any change, so we know it's not the hdmi cable. if anyone has ever seen this before or would have any suggestions, we'd greatly appreciate it!
you can email me at saranncahill@gmail.com

thanks!

#1013 whyexactly

whyexactly

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 05:58 AM

^ try a video reset

I've got 2 boxes here with 0022, 1 with 0020 and 1 with 0003. Has anyone come up with a good fix for any of these yet?

The 0003 is an odd one, it had a 0022, I tried to flow the CPU a little bit, then it went to 0002 before the fans could even spin. Flowed the CPU and GPU a little, and now it's 0003 and the fans just start to spin before getting cut off. Any insight?

One of the 0022's used to run fine, until the CPU overheated a couple of times due to a heatsink issue. The 0022 popped up, I tried flowing the CPU a little bit, this lead to it powering on, but the ROL wouldn't spin green and there was no video out, and the controller would sync to it but then lose connection. No RROD would come up. I tried flowing the CPU a little bit more, and now it's back to 0022. I had just modded the drive prior to the overheating, could this have done something? (Samsung drive with ixtreme 1.61 using jungleflasher)

#1014 parting

parting

X-S Enthusiast

• XS-BANNED
  • 4 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 25 November 2010 - 07:26 AM

I thought it may be overheating, but everything was cool. muhaha.gif

Edited by parting, 25 November 2010 - 07:27 AM.

#1015 nhuxley83

nhuxley83

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 04:10 PM

I bought a 3 rrod 360 for 30 bucks from this kid that supposedly didn't open the system, The warranty seal looked in tack guess it's possible for him to have used a hair dryer to remove but when I opened the console up the x-clamps were already off and it looked like someone had already attempted the fix as it had the washers and screws already on there (Not attached to the case). From my understanding when ms fix's a console they send out a refurb and throw a new mobo in your console then sell that as a refurb as well so I am wondering is there anyway they would have took the x-clamp off etc or he just lied?

Second question: I redid the x-clamp fix with artic silver and the fan at first would power on for a couple seconds then power off. I'm assuming it did this when I bought it cause it wasn't making any noise then either so I redid my work and the power supply blinks red then goes to orange while the 360 is still flashing the 3 rrod (It would stay green at his house). I don't think I overtightened it didn't hear a crack noise or anything. There is also no secondary error code. I've worked on other consoles before and have flashed a couple 360's but this is my first rrod repair rather disappointing needless to say.

Thanks for any help. I am hoping your not going to tell me the board is just fried lol.

Edited by nhuxley83, 06 December 2010 - 04:11 PM.

#1016 mfoster978

mfoster978

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 December 2010 - 09:22 AM

I have been working on my xbox 360 for 2 hours straight now.

I bought it off craigslist and it powered on fine. After 10 mins with it on it over heated with 2 rlod. I tried starting it again and hers what happened:

The xbox starts normally then when the xbox lights spin at startup it will only reach the 4th light then the power shuts off but shows 2 rlod. So I looked at the error code which is 0011.

What could I be doing wrong? I put a thin layer on the cpu and gpu. the gpu also has foil on it and ONLY the gpu has an xclamp underneath which is attactched to the metal casing. The cpu side is screw,steel washer,nylon washer,mother board,nylon washer, steel washer, and then heat sink.

I dont understand why the xbox starts up fine till it gets to the 4th light.

If you can help me I can give you a little cash via paypal. You can reply here or send me an aim message to michael93myers.

PLEASE HELP!!!

THANKS!!!

#1017 Weirdjerz3y

Weirdjerz3y

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 455 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 31 December 2010 - 06:37 PM

This happened to me before, For me my GPU was cold, it only half booted cause of the x-clamp fix. I reflowed correctly with flux, and heatgun(i know not the best way) but its been working fine.

#1018 ghost98

ghost98

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 04:26 AM

Hi Everybody,

I'm newbie here... and got problem on my XBOX 360 Xenon

About 2 days ago, i plug my internet cable to the console
And automatic show autoupdate ask for confirmation.

I think its only a minor update, so i just confirm the update.

After update.... the screen show message "System Error, contact xbox support bla bla bla..."
in the bottom there is an Error Code "E 80"

At the first page there is a fix, but i don't know what to do (I don't understand about the resistor and soldering).

From first page:
E80: Dashboard Error - Wrong LDV version in NAND Flash: This is in new dashboard. You have the update but haven't R3T6 resistor. You can:
-Downgrade to old dashboard, solder back the resistor and then update your xbox
-If you have CPU Key, get current NAND Flash image and fix LDV (just add 1 up to latest kernel). (See error 1100)

Anyone can help me with step for dummy?

thanks B4

#1019 JDM_SOHC

JDM_SOHC

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 March 2011 - 10:10 PM

Hmmm after reading through a lot of this I'm still stumped... One question I do have though, if there was a scratch on the motherboard and it did sever through traces would the system simply not work at all, or would it show a faulty error? I have E74 with 1022, did xclamp mod, heat gun trick, penny trick, etc and nothing works..?? But I did scratch a tiny piece of the motherboard not anyhere near the ANA chip though and I still get this error...

#1020 champ0053

champ0053

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 21 March 2011 - 08:54 PM

QUOTE(ghost98 @ Jan 27 2011, 11:26 PM) View Post

Hi Everybody,

I'm newbie here... and got problem on my XBOX 360 Xenon

About 2 days ago, i plug my internet cable to the console
And automatic show autoupdate ask for confirmation.

I think its only a minor update, so i just confirm the update.

After update.... the screen show message "System Error, contact xbox support bla bla bla..."
in the bottom there is an Error Code "E 80"

At the first page there is a fix, but i don't know what to do (I don't understand about the resistor and soldering).

From first page:
E80: Dashboard Error - Wrong LDV version in NAND Flash: This is in new dashboard. You have the update but haven't R3T6 resistor. You can:
-Downgrade to old dashboard, solder back the resistor and then update your xbox
-If you have CPU Key, get current NAND Flash image and fix LDV (just add 1 up to latest kernel). (See error 1100)

Anyone can help me with step for dummy?

thanks B4

Hello. download the upgrade and put it on a usb stick.. put the usb stick into your console and try to update again turn it on then should do update automatically. maybe a bad update. make sure it's the same update you were trying to install too which is probably the newest one. hope this helps.

Edited by champ0053, 21 March 2011 - 08:56 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users