3 replies to this topic

#1 JTD1688

JTD1688

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 63 posts

Posted 28 January 2006 - 08:07 PM

Ok, I'm trying to replace my old HDD with a new one. I feel like I'm finally getting somewhere, as XboxHDM begins copying files from the E: folder on the DVD-R to my Xbox. Then suddenly, about 5 minutes in, my Xbox shuts off for no reason. Does anybody know why it would do this? I do not have the new HDD in the slot where the old HDD went because the IDE cable would not reach from there to the DVD-ROM drive. Also, when do I use this Slayers disc I keep hearing of? After this has finished or do I not need to use it at all? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

#2 shadow23

shadow23

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,081 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 28 January 2006 - 08:17 PM

I'm trying to replace my old HDD with a new one. I feel like I'm finally getting somewhere, as XboxHDM begins copying files from the E: folder on the DVD-R to my Xbox. Then suddenly, about 5 minutes in, my Xbox shuts off for no reason.

Hold the phone!! I don't get that bit. Now if you were using xboxhdm you need the PC turned ON not the xbox.

#3 JTD1688

JTD1688

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 63 posts

Posted 28 January 2006 - 08:34 PM

From what I have read, your Xbox HDD needs to be powered by the Xbox so that when the computer reboots, the HDD does not lose power. I guess it wouldn't hurt for me to try hooking my Xbox HDD power to the the computer.

#4 shadow23

shadow23

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,081 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 28 January 2006 - 09:03 PM

From what I have read, your Xbox HDD needs to be powered by the Xbox so that when the computer reboots, the HDD does not lose power.

No no no...

You don't do that. You just power it from your PC. When you think of it your PC runs the same hdd as your xbox (difference in storage of course) so why bother connecting the new hdd to your xbox, it would be easier to get the power from the PC. And it doesn't matter if your new xbox hdd reboots with your PC. Because you have to start xboxhdm anyway so by the time you get to the Xboxhdm Boot-prompt your hdd is all powered up.

Edited by shadow23, 28 January 2006 - 09:15 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users