tihspeed

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 247 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 28 January 2006 - 08:31 PM

I've installed a few xchips and I've always just left the USB adapter hanging out of the Xbox case. I recently purchased a Halo edition Xbox and gave my brother my old Xbox and I really want to secure the USB adapter well because he's a bit rough with stuff and I don't want him to break it in case I need to update later. I melted down two of the four plastic tabs that are above where you would place the audio video cables into the xbox. I tried to use hot glue to attach the USB adapter and have had no success with adhesion. I really don't want to use Crazy Glue because it actually melts plastic and I don't want to destroy the USB adapter I just want it to stick rather well. Is EPOXY a good solution? Does EPOXY melt plastic? What did you guys do to not have the USB adapter flappin round like that? All comments are appreciated.

#2 xboxgamer733

xboxgamer733

X-S Messiah

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,803 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 28 January 2006 - 11:28 PM

Try using an epoxy that is designed for bonding plastics, or double-sided foam tape.

I have secured my Xbox's jewel and DVD window in place with plastic epoxy, and they have been solidly attached for over a year.

#3 tihspeed

tihspeed

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 247 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 28 January 2006 - 11:37 PM

thanks for the advice. I figured i could use Epoxy but I didn't want to melt it. Double sided foam tape won't work because of the mess i've made of the back to the xbox where i entend to mount the usb adapter. It looks really bad but i wanted to make enough room so my brother wouldn't accidentally rub the usb adapter off the xbox.

#4 pricemeista33

pricemeista33

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 555 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 24 July 2006 - 04:21 AM

I have indeed used Crazy Glue on all 4 of my Xboxes and none of the USB inputs have been affected by the glue. They are still sticking pretty good without being easily broken from a bump or two.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users