• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 HackATTACk1

HackATTACk1

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 29 January 2006 - 12:29 AM

Anyone have any clues as to how to get this HD back in working order? I put it in my modded xbox and I get Error 6, I flashed my Xecutor 2.3b Lite with FlashBIOS 3.0.3 and it comes up saying 'Unable to read HDD first sector getting partition table', I tried to put it in my computer and see if it would reconize it and nada. My next step is to run KILLDISK on it and see if I can wipe it out to an unformated state. Unless someone has another suggestion... Thanks

#2 xboxgamer733

xboxgamer733

X-S Moderating Team

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,803 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 29 January 2006 - 12:34 AM

The 160 GB hard drive is not accessible in your Xbox or computer because its locked. The lock would have to be disabled before you could read or write to the drive.

If the hard drive was locked by an Xbox, try using ATAPWD to unlock it, using a master password of 'XBOXSCENE' or 'TEAMASSEMBLY'.

#3 HackATTACk1

HackATTACk1

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 29 January 2006 - 12:37 AM

Thanks I will try that and repost my results

#4 HackATTACk1

HackATTACk1

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 29 January 2006 - 03:17 PM

So far no good. I have not given up as of yet. I tried to run the proggy ATAPWD and it tells me that no device found. I tried it with the jumper on CS and also on MASTER. I am trying the program from WD that might help. If anyone has another suggestion for something to try I am all ears...

#5 HackATTACk1

HackATTACk1

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 29 January 2006 - 07:28 PM

Posting Results: This is what worked just in case someone else has this same problem.... Also, I would like to note that this drive is used and a friend gave it to me. I am assuming that someone else gave it to him from a different Xbox that he had and different then mine. Anyhow this is what worked. I made a boot disk by formatting a floppy via WindowsXP Explorer. I copied to that disk the following: ATAPWD, HDLOCK, HDUNLOCK, WD Diagnostics (from WD website then one for DOS Mode, it has the program DLGDIAG5 in it). I had to keep the given drive as a Cable Select and put that in my MASTER spot on the Primary IDE controller and I also had to leave my normal SLAVE drive in the loop pinned as a SLAVE. I booted to the floppy, I ran ATAPWD and verified that the given drive was the Primary MASTER (I noted that S had a +, E had a +, L had a plus, F had a -, X had a -, and V had the letter h), I then ran HDUNLOCK and used TEAMASSEMBLY as the password with success, I then ran ATAPWD and noted the drive was now at the following: S had a +, E had a +, L had a -, F had a -, X had a -, and V had the letter m, I then ran DLGDIAG5 and made suer that the given drive was selected and I ran a QUICK TEST on it, I then wrote zeros to the drive in QUICK format and right after that I wrote zeros to the drive in FULL format. The drive right now is still writing zeros to the drive in FULL format and I can not post the exact outcome. But, I will say that it might be safe to assume that this is working and I will then be able to use this FREE 160GB WD HDD in my Xbox... I am glad this is over and the next step after this would be to have my Dashboard format this drive with 137+GB with G Support. Hope this little tut might help someone else some day...... Later.....

#6 HackATTACk1

HackATTACk1

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 30 January 2006 - 12:46 AM

Well, I finally finished everything and the drive is still locked. What did happen was that my 200GB secondary hard drive got zeroed out. Even though I picked the WD1600 drive to be the one zeroed. Well, Now I have to run some data recovery sodtware on my 200GB hard drive to see if I can get all my files and stuff back. If not I just ended up formatting my 200GB drive and not the 160. Oh well, that is what a hobby is for to live and learn... I have learned a good one here. But, is there anyway to unlock a hard drive that came from someone else's xbox without knowing the unlock code??? Any help is much appreciated...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users