15 replies to this topic

#1 King_Nothing

King_Nothing

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 72 posts

Posted 25 April 2003 - 12:21 AM

hey guys i just got my matrix and the mail and ripped my xbox apart and am installing crap. Well anyway i go to put the battery in the chip flasher thing and i noticed a lockwasher taped to the bottom. What do i use it for? What the hell is it? What does it want from me? See picture below.

thanks for any info

user posted image

#2 gainpresence

gainpresence

11 herbs and spices

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,971 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 25 April 2003 - 12:22 AM

Looks like the washer for the screw..

#3 King_Nothing

King_Nothing

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 72 posts

Posted 25 April 2003 - 12:24 AM

the screw to hold down the chip? I assume it goes between mobo and screw. Is this crap in the directions? im not a direction reader but i think ill become one for this project...

#4 bagel5009

bagel5009

X-S Enthusiast

• XS-BANNED
  • 0 posts
  • Interests:BANNED
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 25 April 2003 - 12:25 AM

lmasodjfdsa O-M-F-G this is thee gr8est thread IN THE WORLD omg i just fell of my chair and i am still laughin jester.gif jester.gif jester.gif rotfl.gif rotfl.gif rotfl.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

#5 LepPpeR

LepPpeR

Author of Craxtion

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,388 posts
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 25 April 2003 - 12:25 AM

You got it. Between mother board and Matrix.

where did you order your Matrix, for others peoples benefit.

#6 bagel5009

bagel5009

X-S Enthusiast

• XS-BANNED
  • 0 posts
  • Interests:BANNED

Posted 25 April 2003 - 12:27 AM

QUOTE (King_Nothing @ Apr 25 2003, 12:24 AM)
the screw to hold down the chip? I assume it goes between mobo and screw. Is this crap in the directions? im not a direction reader but i think ill become one for this project...

you tape the washer down to the mobo, where you screw in your matrix, grab the scre and the matrix screw er in until she is green, and then go over to the matrix homepage and check out a video of a girl doing this in less then 5 secs, itll cheer up your self-esteem

#7 King_Nothing

King_Nothing

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 72 posts

Posted 25 April 2003 - 12:31 AM

ha ha... forgive me im a retard. It just my problem is i break shit too often and am now being too careful. Im glad ive amused some. heh heh. i got it from easybuy2000 order it 3/31.

#8 LepPpeR

LepPpeR

Author of Craxtion

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,388 posts
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 25 April 2003 - 12:31 AM

Spanx, you did enlighten me though. I got a chuckle dry.gif

#9 randomidiot

randomidiot

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 397 posts

Posted 25 April 2003 - 12:35 AM

QUOTE (King_Nothing @ Apr 25 2003, 01:31 AM)
ha ha... forgive me im a retard. It just my problem is i break shit too often and am now being too careful. Im glad ive amused some. heh heh. i got it from easybuy2000 order it 3/31.

I just got mine from Easybuy2000 the other day.

Yeah, the washer goes right ontop of the screw hole on the motherboard, near the LPC points.

You put the washer down, and then put the piece of tape over the washer, and pop a whole in it for the screw to go there.

I ended up stripping the whole for my screw... atleast the top of it. I ended up just using a screw from my NES then to hold down the chip, and seems to work pretty well.

Only problems I've had with the chip is when it came unaligned and I stripped the screw hole, and today when I was getting the boot 3 times and then red blinking. I took the xbox off the table and put it on the floor and ripped out the harddrive and dvd-rom, and put it back in test mode, and then back to mode 2(? 1 off/2 on) and it was fine.

Just make sure you screw it down good, but dont try to do it to hard, you can crack the chip, and strip the crappy screw hole in the Xbox case.

#10 King_Nothing

King_Nothing

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 72 posts

Posted 25 April 2003 - 12:44 AM

ok now i gotta a real problem or so i think... my damn programmer wont work. Ive tried 2 computers... ill go try a third in a second. And ill look for another battery as well. pretty annoying.

it says device not found when i open winlpc... ive tried milksop as well with same result.

Edited by King_Nothing, 25 April 2003 - 12:44 AM.

#11 King_Nothing

King_Nothing

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 72 posts

Posted 25 April 2003 - 12:49 AM

got it workin... the damn parallel cable was being retarded... so i decided to stop being lazy and actually plug it into the port.

EDIT: feel free to laugh some more laugh.gif

Edited by King_Nothing, 25 April 2003 - 12:50 AM.

#12 Majinbuu

Majinbuu

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 762 posts

Posted 25 April 2003 - 12:49 AM

make sure you have battery in (duh....) and try different lpt port settings.

#13 Majinbuu

Majinbuu

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 762 posts

Posted 25 April 2003 - 12:50 AM

Baaah

#14 King_Nothing

King_Nothing

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 72 posts

Posted 25 April 2003 - 12:51 AM

thanks anyway dude

#15 randomidiot

randomidiot

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 397 posts

Posted 25 April 2003 - 12:51 AM

QUOTE (King_Nothing @ Apr 25 2003, 01:44 AM)
ok now i gotta a real problem or so i think... my damn programmer wont work. Ive tried 2 computers... ill go try a third in a second. And ill look for another battery as well. pretty annoying.

it says device not found when i open winlpc... ive tried milksop as well with same result.

I had to take over that little metal cover off the front of the parellel port plug on the programmer, and then put it in the parellel port, and hold it at the same time of programming for it to work correctly.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users