Legendary Badass

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 872 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 29 January 2006 - 05:42 AM

Last night I was in a friend of mine's room, playing Marble Blast Ultra. He has a lot of electronics in there, but when we went online with it, the power went out. It was out for only a couple of seconds in his room, when the lights came back we saw the "circle of death". The street lights went out and some houses down the street went out as well, but these lights were out for a minute. I live a few doors down and noticed that my 360 was still on, showing the normal lights.

We tried to go online 2 more times. Each time knocking the power out of his room, the street lights, and houses nearby. His 360 didn't have any problems playing today, even though the three unholy red lights came on three times in ten minutes.

#2 dalezer

dalezer

X-S Senior Member

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 163 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 29 January 2006 - 06:02 AM

damn.. that crazzzzy.

think of the greater implications.

Xbox 360 = perfect EMP.

lol jester.gif jester.gif

#3 mgamer20o0

mgamer20o0

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,115 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 29 January 2006 - 06:04 AM

thats crazy. i am sure something is going on with the power. always plug electronics into surge protector.

#4 Mick Garvey

Mick Garvey

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 891 posts
  • Xbox Version:none

Posted 29 January 2006 - 08:49 AM

do it again do it again!!!

#5 Deftech

Deftech

X-S Transcendental

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,917 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 29 January 2006 - 08:58 AM

QUOTE(dalezer @ Jan 29 2006, 12:09 AM) View Post

damn.. that crazzzzy.

think of the greater implications.

Xbox 360 = perfect EMP.

lol jester.gif jester.gif

laugh.gif

awesome weapon for $400.00 beerchug.gif

#6 Legendary Badass

Legendary Badass

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 872 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 29 January 2006 - 10:50 AM

I'ts been little over 24 hours since "it" happened; and I am noticing odd things. For one, I was asleep for a freaking long time last night. When I woke up I saw a stick on my desk that said "Love Actually". It's the kind of sticker that would go across the top of the DVD case for that movie. The strange thing about that is that I don't own the movie, I haven't seen it, and no one (to the best of my knowledge) has been in my room to plant it there. Furthermore, I am losing a sense of time. It is a difficult thing to explain. I feel like yesterday was a week ago, and I can't remember much of what has happened in the last 4 days. I do remember the power going out, and what happened after that; but things like what I ate for breakfast, lunch, or dinner, elude me. In fact I don't know if I've actually eatten since.

This isn't the first time electricity has given me a problem. Last year I was walking back from the gym, it was raining and I heard and felt a loud boom sound. It knocked me dowm, and I concluded that lightning had stuck the wet parking lot I was walking across. I felt very energetic afterwards. Back at my place I started doing push-ups and sit-ups to kill the extra energy. I was doing those for hours.

Edited by Legendary Badass, 29 January 2006 - 10:50 AM.

#7 clerks37

clerks37

X-S Senior Member

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 29 January 2006 - 11:22 AM

Thats messed up I would get it checked before the house burns down !

#8 luther349

luther349

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,367 posts

Posted 29 January 2006 - 01:32 PM

if your sending that kind of power disruption i would say thers something wrong with your house wiring. witch isnt uncommion in a old house. as for that lighting welcome to the club. i had that shit strike relly close to me once. i was so close there was no boom just a flash and me flying back the boom came after. now i have a perma bad hair day no barber can save me lol. lucky it was just relly close to me and not a direct hit i probly woulda been dead. and people wonder why i stay inside when thers a lighting storm now. they said if it was just a foot closer i woulda got hit sence humans make good lighting rods. but it was so close that the ground aruld me was still carring a wicked charge that got me. trust me that shit sucks. and when your that close its more of a sizzling sound you hear from the lighting ripping apart the air. the boom comes after.

and trust me you dont feel energetic after that stuff gets you. even a partel hit relly fucks you up.

Edited by luther349, 29 January 2006 - 01:43 PM.

#9 metaldevil

metaldevil

Webhead

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,224 posts

Posted 29 January 2006 - 02:12 PM

That's some serious Marble Blasting! IPB Image

QUOTE(dalezer @ Jan 29 2006, 12:09 AM) View Post
Xbox 360 = perfect EMP
rotfl.gif

#10 Category 5

Category 5

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 81 posts

Posted 29 January 2006 - 03:27 PM

Do you have any new "super powers"? Maybe you have been electrified and are a superhero now.

You'll have to come up with a cool outfit.

#11 lileclerc2X

lileclerc2X

X-S Enthusiast

• XS-BANNED
  • 5 posts

Posted 29 January 2006 - 04:55 PM

they should make people have a gun liscense for that thing

#12 whiteblur67

whiteblur67

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 519 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6b
  • 360 version:none

Posted 29 January 2006 - 07:03 PM

ZEUS blink.gif

#13 CattyKid

CattyKid

X-S Messiah

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,618 posts
  • Interests:Everything

Posted 29 January 2006 - 07:15 PM

Well, at night, I would go online again and again and again. But this is confusing as hell.
Can you tape this and post it somewhere? I want to see it... badly.
It's only when you go on Live, huh? VERY weird.

#14 Moleman

Moleman

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,048 posts

Posted 29 January 2006 - 08:37 PM

Looks like they mixed up Bill Gate's Xbox at the plant. His plans for world domination can't go very far without it.

#15 adfinder23

adfinder23

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 426 posts

Posted 29 January 2006 - 11:21 PM

QUOTE(Legendary Badass @ Jan 29 2006, 04:57 AM) View Post

I'ts been little over 24 hours since "it" happened; and I am noticing odd things. For one, I was asleep for a freaking long time last night. When I woke up I saw a stick on my desk that said "Love Actually". It's the kind of sticker that would go across the top of the DVD case for that movie. The strange thing about that is that I don't own the movie, I haven't seen it, and no one (to the best of my knowledge) has been in my room to plant it there. Furthermore, I am losing a sense of time. It is a difficult thing to explain. I feel like yesterday was a week ago, and I can't remember much of what has happened in the last 4 days. I do remember the power going out, and what happened after that; but things like what I ate for breakfast, lunch, or dinner, elude me. In fact I don't know if I've actually eatten since.

This isn't the first time electricity has given me a problem. Last year I was walking back from the gym, it was raining and I heard and felt a loud boom sound. It knocked me dowm, and I concluded that lightning had stuck the wet parking lot I was walking across. I felt very energetic afterwards. Back at my place I started doing push-ups and sit-ups to kill the extra energy. I was doing those for hours.

You're weird. tongue.gif

The sticker on your desk was planted by aliens. They abducted you and gave you a drug to make you forget. Unfortunately, it has a side affect of messing with human's sense of time. Then they put the sticker in your room just to mess with your mind. They're funny like that.

No, let's be rational here. If a sticker appeared in your room then someone put it there, plain and simple.

As for the lightning, that's pretty wicked. You definately didn't get struck otherwise you wouldn't have felt good. The energy was probably just adrenaline from going through such a strange occurance. Flight or Fight drug. I wonder if it was just close lightning that didn't necessarily strike the parking lot, but instead was close enough to knock you down with the thunder. You know, like those really big thunders that shake your whole house for a few seconds. If it can shake a house at a distance, I'm sure it could knock down a person that was close.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users