tihspeed

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 247 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 29 January 2006 - 04:13 PM

Good news its propably not your chip thats having the problem. Its actually a power supply problem with your sauderless adapter. Its easy to determin if you have this problem. Connect your xchip to your computer via the usb adapter and get the green light with x-control while your xchip is seated in your xbox. Now power up your xbox to the Cromwell bios(use the power button). If you see Cromwell(you will know) congrats you have a power supply problem. Now for the bad news. You can fix this........ha. All you have to do is run and alternate power supply and walla no more frags. Now before you ask I got out my spoon. Please follow page 41 of the X-CHIP MASTER INSTALL GUIDE. Angry right now that you have to solder? Well so was I for about one one hundredth of a second till i realized this problem was fixed. Its only one wire alot better than the four you had to do before. All products to repair your power supply can be purchased for less that fifteen bucks. If you've never soddered before get a 15 wat solder iron and make sure the solder is rosin based(it conducts electricity better). Please do take care not to drop solder on the motherboard the smallest speck of the stuff will render your xbox a really nice paper weight. I suspect that this is the reason EB2K stopped answering their phone.

All credit for this find goes to 98vtec......where ever you are we love you love.gif

#2 tihspeed

tihspeed

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 247 posts

Posted 04 February 2006 - 01:41 AM

Not one reply? uhh.gif Not even a way to go 98vtec? uhh.gif Thanks for bringing this to my attention? uhh.gif

I would have thought people would be happy to see this problem fixed?

#3 tylord

tylord

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 66 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2

Posted 04 February 2006 - 11:41 AM

Bunch of ungrateful bastards i say. Nice work dude.

#4 tihspeed

tihspeed

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 247 posts

Posted 04 February 2006 - 05:41 PM

Well at least theres one nice guy out there, but like I said all credit goes to 98vtec. There was alot of testing on his part. He found that putting another brand of chip on the 1.6 solderless adapter worked. So he was under the impression Easy Buy was selling faulty chips just like everyone else was posting. He stumbled accross the fact that while he left the USB cord plugged to the computer, which supplys the nessary power for the chip to work, the chip would boot just fine. He threw that out there like a side note that he could get chip to work under special circumstances. I couldn't believe what he was posted. It was like finding out your the last person in line to get the premium xbox 360. I totally jumped on this to make sure supplying an alternate power supply would in fact make this work. It has to be the easiest wire to solder and it does in fact solve the fragging problem. I would have thought all of those people out there would be alot more excited to hear all of the problems with a solderless 1.6 Xchip, which i failed to mention xchip in my thread description, are now a thing of the past. I don't really need pats on the back I just would have thought there would be a flood of comments bad or good. Maybe even talking trash about Easy Buy selling solderless adapters that you have to now solder to work, which i think is funny. If anybody here deserves a huge pat its 98vtec..... the biggest find ever discovered accidentally. cool.gif

#5 cackasaurus

cackasaurus

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 07 February 2006 - 06:21 PM

Thanks goes out to tihspeed 98vtec for getting us this far. I have a new problem though. I have a version 1.6 with the X-chip and solderless adapter. I soldered on the alternate power supply. Boot up my Xbox and the blue Cromwell screen comes up. I can choose my orignal bios or the EvoX M8+ I loaded on there. Problem is once I go into either the Xbox or EvoX bios and turn my computer off, once I turn it back on, it starts to frag. If I just stay in the Cromwell bios (version 1.1), and turn it on and off, it will boot ok and the Cromwell screen will come up. If go to another Bios other than Cromwell from the Cromwell bios, and turn my Xbox on and off, it starts to frag. Once it starts to frag, and I unplug the Xbox, I can still hit the eject button and go the the original Xbox bios, but that's it. A regular power button boot will cause fragging. Once this happens I have to reflash the chip with original settings and then I can get back into Cromwell. Also I can do a raw load with the EvoX bios M8+, and everything is ok, but then you have no option to switch back to the original Xbox bios if need be. I want to be able to use the Xbox bios for Xbox live. Anybody have an idea?? I don't think it's a bad flash because I reflashed it like 15 times and still kept getting the same thing. I am thinking it might be the Cromwell bios. Is there anyway to use another hacked bios that will allow me still switch to the original Xbox bios? That bios would have to work for a 1.6.

#6 tylord

tylord

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 66 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2

Posted 08 February 2006 - 01:33 AM

You need to load the Evox x-chip bios 1.6 version onto your chip. Not the Evox M8+.

#7 cackasaurus

cackasaurus

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 08 February 2006 - 03:06 AM

Thanks for replying so fast .....What size is the 1.3 bios? The only one I am finding is 4096kb. My chip is 4mb so I don't think it is correct. Any suggestions?

I mean a version 1.3 bios for the 1.6 xbox...

#8 cackasaurus

cackasaurus

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 08 February 2006 - 03:18 AM

I just got it working Tylord thank you very much. With the X-Chip software through USB, you have to do a "file" -> "load raw" and load the entire 4096kb instead of trying to put the bios in a bank...works like a charm. This thread should be posted on easybuy2000's forum because these problems are the most common. Thanks again Tylord and tihspeed for all your help....

Edited by cackasaurus, 08 February 2006 - 04:03 AM.

#9 tihspeed

tihspeed

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 247 posts

Posted 11 February 2006 - 03:57 AM

Damn sorry I couldn't chime in and help ive been visiting the case modding section to install lights and I guess I shouldn't be over there...R.I.P. Xbox with new lights and a smoked power supply.. Im not a case modder it seems...... biggrin.gif I just got two new chips from easy buy and I really have to say I love their new adapter. Now just to clarify I removed the 1.6 adapter piece but I would have to say this is a much better product than the old adapter. I actually got the box to boot to cromwell with the first install on the adapter, this is a record for me. Im actually so excited I might take a stab at putting lights in this xbox(found a halo edition thats never been modded or been on the internet blink.gif ).........wish me luck biggrin.gif

#10 cackasaurus

cackasaurus

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 13 February 2006 - 07:09 AM

When you say new adapter, do you mean that they fixed the power supply problem? I should hope so. I mean it is probably an easy fix.

#11 tihspeed

tihspeed

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 247 posts

Posted 14 February 2006 - 03:30 AM

No I pulled the two pieces apart and used half of the new solderless adapter. NO easy buy did not fix the power supply problem. I posed some questions in another thread on how to maybe correct the power supply problem but as of yet I don't believe anybody has responded to my question.

#12 tihspeed

tihspeed

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 247 posts

Posted 11 March 2006 - 04:56 AM

Super Duper Bump a lycious..... biggrin.gif

#13 tihspeed

tihspeed

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 247 posts

Posted 13 March 2006 - 01:46 AM

another thread with the same information only this one is condensed.. please read

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users