• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 you_stole_my_atari

you_stole_my_atari

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 29 January 2006 - 10:33 PM

I'm running most up to date version of XBMC and everything is working fine (always has done).... Video streams nicely from PC through XBOX etc however I'm still trying to figure out if I can actually get some form of DTS or pro-logicII into my receiver. I keep reading conflicting items that states you can/cannot get DTS out of the XBOX.

Basically I have a Panasonic SAHT870 DVD/home cinema receiver (it was a present!) however although it quotes it can handle DTS/5.1 etc im not even 100% sure if its only DVD playback that can do this on the receiver (in which case wouldnt matter if I could get DTS from my XBOX then!!!)....

help or pointers most welcome!!!

cheers

Edited by you_stole_my_atari, 29 January 2006 - 10:34 PM.

#2 blade007

blade007

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 71 posts

Posted 30 January 2006 - 03:05 AM

I have a PAL XBOX and I have it connected to a surround sound amp with an optical cable and on the XBOX dash when I open the audio options and choose dolby surround there is an option to enable dolby digital and as DTS. Then I go back into XBMC and change the video settings in that under program and you can configure the audio options to output prologic and DTS.

There doesnt seem to any problems with mine and you can see the lights changing to say the signal is coming in to the amp when different disks are inserted or when playing on certain games.

Hope this helps.

#3 82ross

82ross

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 31 January 2006 - 04:17 PM

DTS works fine here too with my yamaha reciever. As said above Optical cable, xbox dash enable dts, xbmc enable dts.

#4 beenieman4355

beenieman4355

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 145 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 01 February 2006 - 03:06 PM

You need to have the Advanced Audio/Video Kit connected your xbox to be able to use an optical cable to your DTS reciever.

Checkout http://www.ebgames.c...duct/209499.asp I bought mine from there and it works like a charm.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users