#1 hy_tek

hy_tek

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 21 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 30 January 2006 - 02:48 AM

First of all I'm new to Qwix so please no newbie flaming. I have ISO's of games I burned to DVD on my PC. I want to now install the games in F:/ on the xbox with Qwix so I can boot them directly from the HDD. Question is in what format do I upload the games to the xbox in? Would it be the same ISO I made for burning?

Can I upload the same ISO I was going to burn a DVD from and then extract it in a folder in F:/ or do I need to even extract it at all? I see everyone uploading ISO's to the XBOX from PC but I thought that wasn't the same ISO format you burn with NERO. Can someone please straighten me out here? This is for my son I'm not a gamer. Thanks for any help....... jester.gif

#2 chorizo1

chorizo1

X-S Seraphic

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,883 posts
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 30 January 2006 - 05:59 AM

use DVD2BXBOX, insert original game in Xbox drive and select rip to HDD. Done.

#3 hy_tek

hy_tek

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 21 posts
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 30 January 2006 - 08:29 PM

Yup that works but my intention here was to understand the game upload capabilities of Qwix in the process. I think Qwix is designed to upload games with an avalaunch dash and I was wondering how to do it.

I'm just trying to learn a few things here about how the program works. DVD2XBOX would be the easiest way I agree with you......But isn't DVD2XBOX a tool for ripping directly from the original game dvd to the XBOX HDD rather than sending games I already have ripped to my PC?

Sorry if I'm bein too newbie here but I want to learn how all this stuff works..... smile.gif

#4 Devenic

Devenic

Avalaunch Team

• PipPip
  • 394 posts
  • 360 version:none

Posted 31 January 2006 - 01:37 AM

You can upload from an Xbox ISO file on your PC directly to your Xbox. It extracts and uploads in one shot. Qwix will also let you extract to your PC, but you'll spend a lot more time and a lot more drive space if you extract and then upload with an FTP client. It's the whole reason I built Qwix - to avoid extra steps. smile.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users