griffin XXI

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 424 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 30 January 2006 - 06:07 PM

just completed the hardened level and it seems like it was generally pretty easy. only had about 6-7 deaths, and me and friend played through it all on saturday. does the veteran level offer a greater level of difficulty? i think i'm only interested playing through again if its ALOT more difficult. Thanks

#2 Master X

Master X

X-S Hacker

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,010 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 30 January 2006 - 06:15 PM

I dont know about you but Veteran is hard for me it took me almost an hour to beat basic training but I suck a COD2.

#3 tonloc79

tonloc79

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,410 posts

Posted 30 January 2006 - 08:20 PM

Veteran is by far hard! It makes the game even better IMO. Give it a try, i garauntee you wont be flying through it in 1 day. Just for starters got to the last level and see if you can even get past the first part! As soon as i got on the beach it was like i was a magnet for bullets(instant death)!

#4 KAGE360

KAGE360

X-S Messiah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,173 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 30 January 2006 - 08:24 PM

i found hardened to be a healthy challenge. as for veteran, your lucky if you survive more then 3 shots. im almost done playing on veteran level and it has been a damn good challenge. nothing impossible that will make me stop playing, but there have been a couple of "controller throwing" moments.

#5 griffin XXI

griffin XXI

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 424 posts

Posted 30 January 2006 - 08:38 PM

Thanks for the advice, i think i will definitely give it a shot. sounds like a good challenge.

#6 apcwiz

apcwiz

X-S Young Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 31 January 2006 - 04:39 PM

Veteran is waaaaaaay harder than Hard. It's so much harder it's not even funny. But now that you know the game better and you know the routes and the place where people are hiding it makes it a lot easier to play.

#7 tommy600

tommy600

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 59 posts

Posted 31 January 2006 - 05:59 PM

Could anyone give me a comparison of COD veteran to PD0 Dark agent mode? I think Dark agent is a pretty good challange but doable. I was going to go through COD after I beat Dark agent but if veteran is alot harder than that I might have to pass, don't know if I will be able to take any more.

#8 Topey327

Topey327

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts
  • Xbox Version:none

Posted 08 February 2006 - 06:36 AM

Is it just me or does this game just spawn infinite bad guys until I get close to them? It's frustrating when I'm picking them off, reloading, then find out they have been replaced!

#9 Legendary Badass

Legendary Badass

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 872 posts

Posted 08 February 2006 - 07:59 AM

If you're not playing Veteran, you not playing CoD2. You'll soon find yourself getting stuck in loops of quick deaths right after a checkpoint. Your smoke nades will be a rare treasured idol. Your war buddies will depend on you to tell them to breathe.

#10 notsodiseased

notsodiseased

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 804 posts

Posted 08 February 2006 - 08:05 AM

QUOTE(Topey327 @ Feb 8 2006, 06:43 AM) View Post

Is it just me or does this game just spawn infinite bad guys until I get close to them? It's frustrating when I'm picking them off, reloading, then find out they have been replaced!

Yes. The whole game is basically glorified King of The Hill. Its actually funner that way. If you want a protracted fire fight then hold your ground and you can have it for eternity. But if you want to procede throught the level youll need to rapidly gain and hold enemy territory.

The trick I always used (while playing veteran of course) was once your team started firing on the position you were going take, for you to rush it ASAP and slowly clear it while the team catches up. Works 90% of the time.

#11 BoNg420

BoNg420

X-S Messiah

• Head Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,803 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 08 February 2006 - 11:16 AM

i beat the whole game in veteran, it took me some time, but i never played any COD games before. I just played it on and off for like a week and beat it. Pretty challenging in some parts, you get hit by 3 bullets youre dead.

#12 Heet

Heet

X-S Knowledgebase

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,965 posts
  • Interests:Pina coladas and getting caught in the rain. Disk space.
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 08 February 2006 - 11:20 AM

Good post notsodiseased. I never really thought about it that way, but now that I do, those tactics are the only way I made progress in the game. Anyways, maybe I can finish it now LOL.

Listen to that guy!

#13 yakpimp

yakpimp

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 112 posts

Posted 11 February 2006 - 09:32 PM

Booyaa, Just finished the game on veteran. Hardest part was the silo level, holy crap!

smile.gif

#14 notsodiseased

notsodiseased

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 804 posts

Posted 11 February 2006 - 10:00 PM

Thanks Heet. Glad I could help a scenester.

I can safely say that Beating COD2 on Veteran and getting 10/12 achievement in Geometry Wars are easily my most gratifying 360 experiences.

:::Edit:::: Hell yes wasnt the Silo level (up until the sniper part which was super easy) Hard as frikkin hell. Start, run out, get murdered from 9 direction, reload, repeat till eyes explode

Edited by notsodiseased, 11 February 2006 - 10:03 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users