Photo

Help. Spiderchip Gone Bad (big Surprise)

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 taxial

taxial

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 30 January 2006 - 07:29 PM

Hey people, here is the scenario. I installed a spiderchip 1.1 on a 1.6 Xbox. The spiderchip boots to the cromwell screen. I then burnt my bios onto a DVDRW poped it in and the bar cam up - then my Xbox shut off. Thats it. I now have an Xbox that when the spiderchip 1.1 is off boots fine. When the spiderchip is on I get the green ring on the Xbox and a blank TV screen.......I'm thinking I may have used the wrong bios (evox.m8plus.v16.fc.137) to flash the chip with. Confirmation of that, ideas or suggestions would be helpful.

Thanks.

#2 taxial

taxial

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 30 January 2006 - 07:55 PM

Ok so I see that in another forum someone reported that evoxm8 bios is bad for spiderGX so I'm assuming that it's probably bad for for spider v1.1. Does anyone think that flashing it with x2.4981.67 would work better? If so how do I do this? ......(I don't get my Cromwell anymore, just a blank screen)....

#3 HackDaBox

HackDaBox

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,783 posts
  • Interests:XBOX-SCENE
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 31 January 2006 - 01:07 AM

You flashed the right bios. the X2 4981.67 does not work at all on a V1.6 so dont flash this bios. Was your bios 256k ? as it needs to be for it to work. You should always use cdrw or DVD-R as no other media types work reliably. TDK CDRW and DVD-R work all the time for me. Also the spider gx and spiderchip have different issues so dont assume the same rules apply to both!

Tyr booting to the black screen and pressing eject and tell me what happens !

You will need to hotswap to flash now in order to fix this problem...

HackDaBox's Hotswap to Flash Guide !

HackDaBox !

Edited by HackDaBox, 31 January 2006 - 01:11 AM.

#4 taxial

taxial

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 31 January 2006 - 04:37 PM

I do need to do the Hotswap flash, but from reading the tutorial I have no idea where to start. With my working spiderchip I boot to the cromwell. I then need to hotswap to the modchip that needs to be flashed (sounds straight forward to me, no problem). What I don't understand is what wires do I connect to where on the good chip, then on the hotswapped chip. The tutorial says to connect the D0 to the LPC etc etc.... unfortunatly that doesn't really make any sense to me. I have five wires on the spiderchip A,B,C,D,E and a 1.6 xbox. So do any of these wires go into any holes (for the good chip) for me to boot to the cromwell? And once I am at the cromwell and remove the good chip - which wires need to go where on the chip that needs to be flashed?

Thanks for your info.

Edited by taxial, 31 January 2006 - 04:39 PM.

#5 HackDaBox

HackDaBox

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,783 posts

Posted 02 February 2006 - 04:32 AM

Hotswapping is alot easier in an older xbox. If you can grab a friends V1.0 - V1.4 as its easier. The older xboxes only need one wire inserted into one via ( very small hole ).

Forget all the D0 stuff as it wont affect you with your spiderchip. Just leave the spider on/off switch disconnected from both the bad and good spiders.

If you do it on the V1.6 then yes you need to insert all the wires !

If you do it on a V1.0 - V1.4 you only need to insert the E wire !

Carefully screw the good spiderchip onto your motherboard and insert 1 leg if your using an older xbox or all legs for the V1.6. Load the HackDaBox Reflash Cd. Then carefully remove the good spiderchip.

Now carefully screw the bad spiderchip onto your motherboard and insert 1 leg if your using an older xbox or all legs for the V1.6. Now choose flash bios and please choose V1.6 no matter what xbox you are using !

HackDaBox !

Edited by HackDaBox, 02 February 2006 - 04:38 AM.

#6 hardk0re

hardk0re

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 February 2006 - 05:56 AM

I've got a V1.0 motherboard, and I tried this hotswap method and it didn't work, it said that the chip was not writable....???

I have an Xecuter 2.3Lite+ its a solderless one so I have it on, boot up the flash cd, then put on the spiderchip and put pin E to D0 and then try and flash....nadda don't work

Not sure if you have anything that can maybe get my chip up and running??

Edit: I tried programming it with the programmer before this...not sure if it broke it somewhere in the 10 hours it was flashing....

Edited by hardk0re, 05 February 2006 - 05:59 AM.

#7 HackDaBox

HackDaBox

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,783 posts

Posted 05 February 2006 - 02:36 PM

Perhaps the programmer killed it becuase this does work just fine.

HackDaBox !

#8 hardk0re

hardk0re

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 February 2006 - 04:24 PM

Nice...well hopefully divineo gives me some sort of credit for this thing so I can get a decent chip .

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users