3 replies to this topic

#1 Shadow589

Shadow589

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 31 January 2006 - 03:32 AM

Do any modders or other know any way to resize dds files or tga file quicker, it took me like 45 minutes to just cache the images, (couldnt stop it) then another hour to open them, (cause of the mip maps things) I just want to make all the texture i have a small as possible, so I dont crash, but I dont have a whole lot of spare time to do it. Is the an application that can make all the files in it be resized as low as possible with out going below like 16x16 and keeping propertions? Or can anyone make one? Or ANYTHING that would help me do it quicker would be great. Also do I need the mip maps?

#2 daedelus7183

daedelus7183

X-S Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 92 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 09 February 2006 - 08:38 PM

Takes me like 5 minutes to copy and resize the dds files. I use Photoshop CS and have a macro handle the resizing. If you run Morrowind from the disk, use ftp to grab the DDS files straight from the disk (if that's what you're trying to do). It's much faster than waiting for the cache.

#3 drewcat

drewcat

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:none

Posted 10 February 2006 - 03:51 AM

Download the vampire embrace textures I posted just a moment ago in another thread. There is an nvidia command line program I left in the texture directory that will resize textures for you.

#4 drewcat

drewcat

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:none

Posted 11 February 2006 - 09:12 AM

Okay since my other post was deleted [ guess I'm not allowed to post links to user created Morrowind mods ] I will link you to Nvidias page with a download. Use nvdxt and pay careful attention to the options. Nvidias page of dds utilities

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users