MN-Mod-Man

X-S X-perience

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 455 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 31 January 2006 - 02:47 PM

biggrin.gif Perfect Dark Zero is really starting to bore the hell out of me, I like 1st person shooters and all but this game is just too rushed and simplistic for me, I find myself bored to death by the single player but I haven't really delved into the LIVE gameplay, my question is should I keep PDZ and play more online as single player SUCKS, or should I sell it / Trade it and get COD 2 ( I really like this games single player) I've heard of some online issues but I've also heard of a planned patch so that doesn't really bother me. All input appreciated. biggrin.gif

#2 C o s m o

C o s m o

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,296 posts
  • Interests:The Shocker, mudbutt, luge lessons, buggery.
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 31 January 2006 - 03:47 PM

QUOTE(MN-Mod-Man @ Jan 31 2006, 07:54 AM) View Post

biggrin.gif Perfect Dark Zero is really starting to bore the hell out of me, I like 1st person shooters and all but this game is just too rushed and simplistic for me, I find myself bored to death by the single player but I haven't really delved into the LIVE gameplay, my question is should I keep PDZ and play more online as single player SUCKS, or should I sell it / Trade it and get COD 2 ( I really like this games single player) I've heard of some online issues but I've also heard of a planned patch so that doesn't really bother me. All input appreciated. biggrin.gif

Get COD2.
I really consider myself unbiased about these 2 games. I did NOT want to play COD2 because of previous WWII game failures. I REALLY wanted to play PDZ because I thought the idea of it's vehicles and weapons was great.
Well, I finished COD2 a few weeks ago (only rented it). The campaign is wonderful. I played a little on LIVE and, despite its lag problems, it was a blast.
I am currently working through PDZ. I say working because I really am not enjoying it. I want to finish it for review purposes now (stay tuned for it in the next week or 2).
I have done a complete 180 on these 2 games. When I'm done, I want to buy COD2 and get rid of PDZ.
IMHO, you will really enjoy the overall COD2 experience.
Hope this helps!

#3 Achtung

Achtung

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 596 posts

Posted 31 January 2006 - 04:23 PM

First off I own both CoD2 and PDZ and I'd say hold on to PDZ for online play only.

As I do agree PDZ absolutly sucks single player the online play is a blast and doesn't get boring at all with all the modes especially Dark-ops. I find myself Playing PDZ way more only because of its online play and down the road I'm sure they will have some cool downloadable content that will keep it pretty fresh for awhile.

That being said CoD2 is a hell of alot of fun aswell, but is completly ruined because of the lag and bugs online and you will never play the single player again once you beat it. But once they do put out a patch for it to address the online stuff maybe even adding 16 player rooms and more options, I could easily see myself playing it way more.

But if I had to chose right this moment I'd say keep PDZ and have a great time with it online, but honestly I'd say get both because they are both great for different reasons.

#4 lowendfrequency

lowendfrequency

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,084 posts

Posted 31 January 2006 - 04:30 PM

Go buy COD2. It is a must have for any fps fan. The single player in PDZero is booooring, but the online aspect is fun. As of right now, the lag on COD2 renders it practically unplayable online... so I'd keep PDZero around until the patch comes out.

#5 apcwiz

apcwiz

X-S Young Member

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 33 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 31 January 2006 - 04:37 PM

Seeing how you haven't gotten online with PDZ at all, I'd say go with COD2. COD2 single player campaign is more than enough to keep you busy for hours and hours on end without even getting into the LIVE aspect of it. If you get it now and play it on veteran you should beat it in plenty of time to get Ghost Recon...which will hopefully come out sometime in March.

#6 MN-Mod-Man

MN-Mod-Man

X-S X-perience

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 455 posts

Posted 31 January 2006 - 09:10 PM

Thanks all, the wife just bought me a copy of COD2 used for $40 the disk is flawless also. love.gif

#7 X-Unit

X-Unit

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 31 January 2006 - 09:42 PM

i got PDZ and yes the singler player is wack but if was to trade it i would wait for GHOST RECON AW and while i'm waiting i would just play PDZ on online . if youre going trade it in fow a war game why trade it for an war game that came out at the launch when you get an war game that is more newer and one of the best war game to come out this year . but then again thats what i would do wink.gif

#8 apcwiz

apcwiz

X-S Young Member

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 33 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 31 January 2006 - 09:50 PM

QUOTE(X-Unit @ Jan 31 2006, 03:49 PM) View Post

i got PDZ and yes the singler player is wack but if was to trade it i would wait for GHOST RECON AW and while i'm waiting i would just play PDZ on online . if youre going trade it in fow a war game why trade it for an war game that came out at the launch when you get an war game that is more newer and one of the best war game to come out this year . but then again thats what i would do wink.gif

Because they are two different war games. You want a world war II based, old school style of war fighting game, nothing will come close to COD2 for a while. If you want a new age, high tech style of war fighting, it looks like Ghost Recon AW will be cup of tea. Regardless of what you think, they are different games, even though they are first person shooters.

#9 mgamer20o0

mgamer20o0

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,115 posts

Posted 31 January 2006 - 11:12 PM

see MN-Mod-Man figured it out. get the best of both worlds and buy them both.

#10 MN-Mod-Man

MN-Mod-Man

X-S X-perience

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 455 posts

Posted 31 January 2006 - 11:43 PM

BTW I will definitely be getting GRAW, it was a prepaid title from launch but obviously it was pushed back, for that reason I switched my prepay to PDZ... Now I have both PDZ and COD2, BTW the trade in value is only $25 for PDZ, it's not all that great but not worth taking a $25 poke in the ass. blink.gif

#11 C o s m o

C o s m o

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,296 posts
  • Interests:The Shocker, mudbutt, luge lessons, buggery.

Posted 01 February 2006 - 03:34 PM

Yeah...I saw PDZ for $40 new at a store the other day.

#12 esc1

esc1

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,728 posts

Posted 02 February 2006 - 10:38 PM

QUOTE(MN-Mod-Man @ Jan 31 2006, 05:50 PM) View Post

BTW I will definitely be getting GRAW, it was a prepaid title from launch but obviously it was pushed back, for that reason I switched my prepay to PDZ... Now I have both PDZ and COD2, BTW the trade in value is only $25 for PDZ, it's not all that great but not worth taking a $25 poke in the ass. blink.gif

Tradeins are always rape. That's no surprise.

#13 darksteppin

darksteppin

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 109 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 04 February 2006 - 12:53 PM

My pdz will never be inserted into my 360 ever again. Cod2 makes it look like a damn joke. I'm so glad I dont have to watch plastic people waddle around anymore. jester.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users