#1 KAGE360

KAGE360

X-S Messiah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,173 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 31 January 2006 - 08:21 PM

According to Gamefront, Tecmo's latest Fighting game, Dead or Alive 4, has a patch scheduled for mid Feburary 2006. Tomonobu Itagaki from Tecmo's Team Ninja confirmed this in a recent issue of Famitsu Xbox 360. The patch is meant to address several bugs like the loss of save games, the character strengths, and some interface tweaks.

http://www.gamersrep....com/news/1167/

im curious to how they are going to alter the character's strength as i thought the game was really balanced out to begin with. cant wait for the update though, a bit of wishful thinking but it would be great to get some extra outfits in it too biggrin.gif

#2 LowProfileWurm

LowProfileWurm

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,246 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 31 January 2006 - 10:14 PM

QUOTE(KAGE360 @ Jan 31 2006, 02:28 PM) View Post

a bit of wishful thinking but it would be great to get some extra outfits in it too biggrin.gif
Too bad he said that won't be happening. sad.gif Too busy on Ninja Gaiden 2... smile.gif

Oh well, can't have the cake and Edith too.

#3 mgamer20o0

mgamer20o0

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,115 posts

Posted 31 January 2006 - 10:54 PM

i dont even leave games in my 360 when i turn it off. not until i find out that everything is fixed. i wish they found out about these things before it was shipped but at lest they are fixing it.

#4 KAGE360

KAGE360

X-S Messiah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,173 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 31 January 2006 - 11:02 PM

QUOTE(LowProfileWurm @ Jan 31 2006, 04:21 PM) View Post

Too bad he said that won't be happening. sad.gif Too busy on Ninja Gaiden 2... smile.gif

Oh well, can't have the cake and Edith too.

i thought he confirmed long ago that there would be added outfits down the line, though it would take a while because it took far longer to make outfits in this version (all the added details) apposed to early versions. just because hes busy with NG2, DoA X2, or any other 360 game doesnt mean a small group of his team cant do it. now its going to bother me if we'll ever get extra outfits sad.gif

#5 LowProfileWurm

LowProfileWurm

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,246 posts

Posted 31 January 2006 - 11:28 PM

QUOTE(IGN)
DOAX2 Next From Team Ninja
The makers of Dead or Alive 4 hard at work on upcoming Xbox 360 bikini-fest.
by IGN Staff
January 30, 2006 - Team Ninja's Tomonobu Itagaki appeared in the latest issue of Famitsu Xbox 360 in not one, but two interviews in which he discusses his teams plans for the Xbox 360.

Itagaki first apologized for disturbing the Xbox 360 Japanese launch with the delay of Dead or Alive 4. DOA4 was originally scheduled to launch with the 360 in Japan on December 10, but ended up suffering two delays, eventually arriving at retail on December 29. He asked that people forgive his selfishness in delaying the title this time, as DOA4 represents his collective work from the past ten years.
When asked about Team Ninja's future plans, Itagaki resorted to some peculiar mahjong analogy before revealing that Dead or Alive Xtreme 2 will be the team's next title. He added that he's been thinking about making a few changes from the original plan. The game's opening and ending are already being worked on, he revealed, but he won't commit to a release date for fear of causing an uproar in case of a delay. He does state that it probably won't be too far off from what people are expecting.

Asked about Ninja Gaiden 2, which the magazine still lists as being "unannounced," Itagaki explained that there are a lot of things he hopes to do with the title. With Dead or Alive, he said he made a "complete" fighting game, and he hopes to do the same in the action genre as his next goal, although he doesn't state that this will necessarily be through Ninja Gaiden 2. He cited "interactivity" as a keyword. Itagaki hopes to create a form of action that pushes the interactivity of videogames to the limit.

Team Ninja is also working away at Project Progressive. The directions of Ninja Gaiden and Project Progressive are completely different, Itagaki revealed.

But before DOAX2, Ninja Gaiden 2 and all the rest, comes Dead or Alive 4. Team Ninja is still working away to tune up the game. We can expect the first online patch for the game in February, which should fix the various problems that Itagaki himself has encountered over his 300 Live-based matches. The patch will fix a few interface issues as well as some more core issues.

Sadly, downloads do not look like they will feature in DOA4's future. The Team Ninja staff isn't all that large, Itagaki disclosed, and the team needs to give priority to the next project. He also noted that, in the event of free downloads, updates would have to be offered to non-Live players via free booster disks, which would also be difficult due to costs. Despite the negative outlook, Itagaki adds that some staff members want downloads to happen, and it is under consideration.

Itagaki's comments were just a part of a lengthy Famitsu Xbox 360 feature in which Japan's biggest developers share their thoughts on the system. For a look at what everyone else had to say, check out our separate story.

#6 Heet

Heet

X-S Knowledgebase

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,965 posts
  • Interests:Pina coladas and getting caught in the rain. Disk space.
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 31 January 2006 - 11:32 PM

If MS had thought of it, leaving bugs and glitches in games is a great way to keep you paying for Live. wink.gif

#7 Deftech

Deftech

X-S Transcendental

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,917 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 31 January 2006 - 11:39 PM

Lets hope "Under Consideration" turns into a "Yes".

I doubt it will, but the wives need some new outfits.

#8 adfinder23

adfinder23

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 426 posts

Posted 01 February 2006 - 12:03 AM

I hope they add some new "lack of outfits."

#9 twistedsymphony

twistedsymphony

arrogant beyond belief

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,465 posts
  • Interests:Consoles, Computers, Cars, Arcades, Home Theater, and the modding of anything that moves.

Posted 01 February 2006 - 12:10 AM

QUOTE(Heet @ Jan 31 2006, 05:39 PM) View Post

If MS had thought of it, leaving bugs and glitches in games is a great way to keep you paying for Live. wink.gif

Except for the fact that updates are free because you don't pay for Xbox Live silver... rolleyes.gif

Honestly I'd pay for some more costumes... at least some of the costumes from DOAU like lei-fang's leather outfit or any of the "Xbox Booth Girl" uniforms.

#10 Heet

Heet

X-S Knowledgebase

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,965 posts
  • Interests:Pina coladas and getting caught in the rain. Disk space.

Posted 01 February 2006 - 12:32 AM

Ok yes your right. I guess what I meant to say was that you had to connect to live in some way. You dont pay for it, but if you dont connect, you dont get the fixes.

So "If MS had thought of it, leaving bugs and glitches in games is a great way to keep you paying for Live"

Should be >"If MS had thought of it, leaving bugs and glitches in games is a great way to keep you connecting to Live"

#11 IMnotGarBagE

IMnotGarBagE

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts

Posted 01 February 2006 - 03:50 AM

Hayabusa is way overpowered compared to some other characters. I think they should tweek his strength a little.

#12 Deftech

Deftech

X-S Transcendental

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,917 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 01 February 2006 - 03:57 AM

QUOTE(IMnotGarBagE @ Jan 31 2006, 09:57 PM) View Post

Hayabusa is way overpowered compared to some other characters. I think they should tweek his strength a little.

Nah, raise that shit up.

Allow him and Ayane to unleash some badass Ninpo on all the others laugh.gif

#13 lostboyz

lostboyz

Mr. Knowitall

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,188 posts

Posted 01 February 2006 - 05:37 AM

the only match that really pissed me off was spartan-458 on the alpha-152 thing. the slowest character against the fastest one, and she can kill you in 3 moves. other than that everyone is fairly balanced

#14 gsxr

gsxr

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 305 posts

Posted 02 February 2006 - 05:44 PM

QUOTE(IMnotGarBagE @ Feb 1 2006, 02:57 AM) View Post

I don't like the sound of "overpowered characters" from the ign report. I feel that all characters are balanced especially if you learn your opponents counter and grapple... and i've played pretty much every 2d/3d fighter. Unless i've seen something I haven't. I've played alot of A's also.

I just hope they don't start tweaking dmg on moves to "underpower" or whatever. blagh.

#15 deakphreak

deakphreak

Ting

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,432 posts
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 02 February 2006 - 05:47 PM

Yea i agree then most of the characters are well balanced and dont see a need for an update in that aspect. Id love to see a little less lag though and more costumes would be great. I really wish that one day they would let us make our own costumes. I recall back a while ago one of the tony hawk games were supposed to let you take a pic of your face with the camera and put it as your skaters skin, but not sure if that ever happened.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users