anoobie

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 103 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 01 February 2006 - 02:59 AM

my xbox is far away from my router. i watch videos on xbmc all the time, but i have to bring my xbox next to my computer and transfer videos from computer to xbox harddrive b4 i can watch them. sad.gif

my question is: is the $80 wireless adapter that i see at best buy efficient enough for streaming and playing online with xbc. I mean is it laggy with video streaming and stuff.

if u have experience with the wireless adapter please share

and if u know a better method for streaming video like using a laptop, please advice me on how to do so smile.gif thx

#2 mike315

mike315

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 512 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 02 February 2006 - 10:46 PM

QUOTE(anoobie @ Feb 1 2006, 03:06 AM) View Post

my xbox is far away from my router. i watch videos on xbmc all the time, but i have to bring my xbox next to my computer and transfer videos from computer to xbox harddrive b4 i can watch them. sad.gif
my question is: is the $80 wireless adapter that i see at best buy efficient enough for streaming and playing online with xbc. I mean is it laggy with video streaming and stuff.

if u have experience with the wireless adapter please share

and if u know a better method for streaming video like using a laptop, please advice me on how to do so smile.gif thx

I have a Linksys Gaming Adapter, and it works great. Just be sure that you are on an 802.11g network...it'll perform much better than an 802.11b one. Although both will work.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users