Deftech

X-S Transcendental

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,917 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 01 February 2006 - 04:51 AM

some of the press got to play a small demo...

2 pages long...

http://xbox360.ign.c...4/684564p1.html

Here are the positive aspects of write up...

It's an old game Crystal Dynamics is hoping to renew and the biggest changes are both subtle yet instantly noticeable. They should greatly please old Tomb Raider fans such as me.

For anyone who's played the old games, this new control scheme is clearly smoother, more intuitive, and less rigid. Lara is capable of moving quickly and smoothly in numerous situations.

Tomb Raider Legend, as indicated by this demo disc, is easily the best looking game of the series, and it may potentially be the best game in the series. The demo disc also indicates that the adventure game is based on the model of the first and second games in the series. They were filled with physical adventures, enormous and exotic landscapes to scale, and they were peppered with action and puzzles, which remained role players behind the adventuring aspects.

Crystal's demo provides a clear sign of where the control scheme is going, and it's all good. She's more athletic, more nimble and more pleasurable to control. Lara looks good, too.

pop.gif

#2 skid_68

skid_68

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 90 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 01 February 2006 - 06:12 AM

Im eagerly awating this game. I loved the first two, and this one is going back to its roots like the first two. Ill be getting it for Xbox, and PSP. mmmm tomb raider on the go.

#3 hamwbone

hamwbone

X-S Hacker

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,775 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 01 February 2006 - 09:09 AM

hopefully this game will shake me as much as the trex did in the first one wink.gif

#4 notsodiseased

notsodiseased

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 804 posts

Posted 01 February 2006 - 09:50 AM

As long as it still has very large and indepth tropical/urban levels and incredibly hard jump puzzles Ill be satisified.

Always loved the double backflips while dual wiedling desert eagles biggrin.gif ....

#5 redwolf

redwolf

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,323 posts

Posted 01 February 2006 - 12:39 PM

there is a high quality video in 1up
http://www.1up.com/d...d=3147582&did=1

this game is out Spring 2006...= April 2006? smile.gif

there are few bugs...
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image

huh.gif

#6 apcwiz

apcwiz

X-S Young Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 33 posts
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 01 February 2006 - 05:22 PM

I watched the videos for this game and it looks like it's a PS2 release. Hopefully the release for the 360 will be much improved.

#7 LowProfileWurm

LowProfileWurm

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,246 posts

Posted 01 February 2006 - 05:28 PM

I'm really hyped about this game. April seems so far away! Bringing back the Tombs and bringing back the Raiding and leaving that other crap from 3, 4 and AoD in the trash. Horray!

To answer Redwolf: The press only got to play the PS2 version. The Xbox, PC, and 360 versions weren't made available so we can take those screenshots as the lowest common denominator. Also, they said that the game is only 40% done or so and has ALOT of room for (scheduled) improvement. I really believe that Crystal Dynamics (of Gex fame) will pull a major rabbit out of their hat. biggrin.gif

#8 redwolf

redwolf

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,323 posts

Posted 01 February 2006 - 06:38 PM

QUOTE(LowProfileWurm @ Feb 1 2006, 06:35 PM) View Post

I'm really hyped about this game. April seems so far away! Bringing back the Tombs and bringing back the Raiding and leaving that other crap from 3, 4 and AoD in the trash. Horray!

To answer Redwolf: The press only got to play the PS2 version. The Xbox, PC, and 360 versions weren't made available so we can take those screenshots as the lowest common denominator. Also, they said that the game is only 40% done or so and has ALOT of room for (scheduled) improvement. I really believe that Crystal Dynamics (of Gex fame) will pull a major rabbit out of their hat. biggrin.gif

April seem to early (though i wanna play NOW biggrin.gif), in term that Eidos at one time did say around late 2006. AND every Tomb Raider games to date were delayed on average of 3 months. i'm expecting the same here... sad.gif

And Xbox360 and PC version will now doubt be the best. but if they leave or cut corners on few of this glitch, pulling creates with knuckle, 2d ropes and so on, then we/i'll be pissed. This is their LAST chance to shine, i hope they don't mess it up smile.gif

#9 KAGE360

KAGE360

X-S Messiah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,173 posts
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 01 February 2006 - 07:45 PM

QUOTE(redwolf @ Feb 1 2006, 12:45 PM) View Post

And Xbox360 and PC version will now doubt be the best. but if they leave or cut corners on few of this glitch, pulling creates with knuckle, 2d ropes and so on, then we/i'll be pissed. This is their LAST chance to shine, i hope they don't mess it up smile.gif

if your basing your judgement on any last TR, it should be one that ISNT a port of a last gen game because the things like 2d ropes are going to be in the final game and we know it. for me i say give me TR 1 saturn graphics and i will still be happy, just dont make the gameplay as awful as dark angel (or whatever it was called on ps2).

#10 miggidy

miggidy

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,369 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 01 February 2006 - 07:46 PM

Both 1up and Gamespot have their own impressions in their websites, and it's all positive.
I was very skeptical about this game at first even though I love the idea of going back to the game's roots.
I guess Crystal Dynamics is making a believer out of me after reading these very incouraging impressions.

Tomb Raider Legend is now at the top of my most wanted games list
(for games that are due out this Spring of coarse).... tongue.gif

Man the first Tomb Raider was the $hit!
It was the closest thing to Flashback (my favorite game of all time) in 32-bit....
Tomb Raider 2 was good, 3 was aight at best but it was all crap after that.
For the current generation, Prince of Persia the sands of time was my fix.
But I never really got into the idea of playing as a Persian prince (blame Naseem Hamed for that),
it looks like the latest Tomb Raider will take me back to the good old days of adventure gaming.... love.gif

Edited by miggidy, 01 February 2006 - 07:48 PM.

#11 LowProfileWurm

LowProfileWurm

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,246 posts

Posted 01 February 2006 - 08:16 PM

It's kinda funny to me that we are all nostalgic about TR1 and TR2... yet I don't their target audience shares our desires.

I personally would be VERY satisfied to have 'TR1/TR2 Ultimate 360 Director's Cut' coming out (360 graphics, all the frills, same old games), but we all know THAT wouldn't fly with the execs. They are aiming at the pre-pubescent thrill-jock teenie-pop kids that seem to command 80% market share these days.

I just hope to god that Crystal Dynamics sticks to it's Legacy of Kain mentality and gives us the ultra-hot, puzzle-solving, gun-toting, not-afraid-to-beat-my-ass-with-my-own-bloody-legged-stumps, badass-bitch with a British accent that we grew up with. ohmy.gif

Give me HARD puzzles, great control, simple gameplay, & great 3D graphics and I'm sold. Just don't fuck it all up with complex "features".

Can I get an amen? laugh.gif

#12 Deftech

Deftech

X-S Transcendental

• XS-BANNED
  • 6,917 posts

Posted 01 February 2006 - 08:47 PM

AMEN Brotha!!!!

This and Recon tie for my most wanted this spring, with Oblivion coming in 2nd.

#13 Deftech

Deftech

X-S Transcendental

• XS-BANNED
  • 6,917 posts

Posted 01 February 2006 - 10:01 PM

The demo begins in the outskirts of an abandoned temple high in the mountains and gradually moves into its interior; the process of moving from beginning to end involves lots and lots of puzzle-solving and shimmying along sheer cliff faces.

I honestly just got goosebumps imagining playing it on 360 in HD, and it playing out like the originals.

I love.gif you all! Time to get the Lara shirts out I paid an arm and a leg for 9 years ago!

Oh my...

Based on this one-hour demo, Tomb Raider Legend looks great (even on the humble PS2), and it plays extraordinarily well. Unless something goes horribly wrong with the final version of the game, this will absolutely be the follow-up that fans have been waiting for since the original.

love.gif

That says a lot coming from 1up

Edited by Deftech, 01 February 2006 - 10:04 PM.

#14 LowProfileWurm

LowProfileWurm

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,246 posts

Posted 01 February 2006 - 10:41 PM

Sounds like gravy! Yum.

The only thing I had to scoff at was 1up's description of the PS2 as "humble". Since when has Sony ever been "humble"? laugh.gif

Anyway, back on topic... bring it on Crystal Dynamics!

#15 miggidy

miggidy

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,369 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 01 February 2006 - 10:49 PM

QUOTE(LowProfileWurm @ Feb 1 2006, 08:23 PM) View Post

I just hope to god that Crystal Dynamics sticks to it's Legacy of Kain mentality and gives us the ultra-hot, puzzle-solving, gun-toting, not-afraid-to-beat-my-ass-with-my-own-bloody-legged-stumps, badass-bitch with a British accent that we grew up with. ohmy.gif

Give me HARD puzzles, great control, simple gameplay, & great 3D graphics and I'm sold. Just don't fuck it all up with complex "features".

Hell I say Lara isn't fully back if she can't give me a stiffy! laugh.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users