griffin XXI

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 424 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 01 February 2006 - 06:31 PM

Cosmo posted this on the hardware forum. This is the top of the line cable for $49.99, 20 bucks cheaper than their normal pricing. The 360 component video and fiber optic audio A/V kit. Just bought mine.

#2 BigDaddyShoo

BigDaddyShoo

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,230 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 01 February 2006 - 07:08 PM

nice, but it's only good for those with cores.....

#3 Tobb555

Tobb555

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 656 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 01 February 2006 - 07:10 PM

well if he posted it why are you posting it twice?

#4 griffin XXI

griffin XXI

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 424 posts

Posted 01 February 2006 - 07:19 PM

nice, but it's only good for those with cores.....

Its actually good for the premium. The optical audio cable replaces the 2 stereo audio cables. And this one is listed as their "best" cable package, the one listed as "better" is the 5 cable video/audio kit.

well if he posted it why are you posting it twice?

He mentioned this in a reply, not as a starting post. Just thought it deserved its own thread. Is that ok with you?

#5 BigDaddyShoo

BigDaddyShoo

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,230 posts

Posted 01 February 2006 - 07:20 PM

cuz some people here don't read the hardware area. unsure.gif

QUOTE(griffin XXI @ Feb 1 2006, 01:26 PM) View Post

Its actually good for the premium. The optical audio cable replaces the 2 stereo audio cables. And this one is listed as their "best" cable package, the one listed as "better" is the 5 cable video/audio kit.
He mentioned this in a reply, not as a starting post. Just thought it deserved its own thread. Is that ok with you?

then why spend $50 on just an optical cable? blink.gif

#6 griffin XXI

griffin XXI

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 424 posts

Posted 01 February 2006 - 07:35 PM

Sorry, let me explain further. Not only does it have the optical audio, but also the video. Here's a link for you.

[url=http://www.monstercable.com/monstergame/xbox360/]

#7 BigDaddyShoo

BigDaddyShoo

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,230 posts

Posted 01 February 2006 - 07:51 PM

I understand what it is, but if you bought a premium, it came with component cables. you'd simply need to go buy an optical cable for audio.

Edited by BigDaddyShoo, 01 February 2006 - 07:51 PM.

#8 griffin XXI

griffin XXI

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 424 posts

Posted 01 February 2006 - 08:08 PM

'what we have here, is a failure to comunicate', a great quote that has meaning here.

I understand what it is, but if you bought a premium, it came with component cables. you'd simply need to go buy an optical cable for audio.

Perhaps you didn't understand. This is an upgrade to the HD cable that came with the 360, and thats all this post is about. If you want to upgrade your current cables, this is a great deal. This Monster cable kit normally is sold for $69.99 and CompUSA has them for $49.99. And it has the Fiber Optic audio cable connected with it. If your happy with the cables you got, or simply want a fiber optic cable by itself, this post is not for you.

#9 bonkers255

bonkers255

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 84 posts
  • Interests:Audio/video, Movies, Gaming
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 01 February 2006 - 08:15 PM

Can you really call Monster cables an upgrade? tongue.gif
Personally, I wouldn't waste my money on them. $50 is definitely over-priced. I might consider buying them if they were about $15, but higher than that no way. If anyone out there see or hear a difference in a blind comparison between "premium" Monster cables and the ones from M$, I'll give you a cookie.

#10 griffin XXI

griffin XXI

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 424 posts

Posted 01 February 2006 - 08:21 PM

Can you really call Monster cables an upgrade?
Personally, I wouldn't waste my money on them. $50 is definitely over-priced. I might consider buying them if they were about $15, but higher than that no way. If anyone out there see or hear a difference in a blind comparison between "premium" Monster cables and the ones from M$, I'll give you a cookie.

I absolutley can and have used them on previous systems with noticeable difference, so I do have some experience with this product. Whether or not you choose to pay that much is simply up to you, and I do, and with considerable benefit to my gaming experience overall. I would like a chocolate chip cookie please.

#11 C o s m o

C o s m o

X-S Messiah

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,296 posts
  • Interests:The Shocker, mudbutt, luge lessons, buggery.

Posted 01 February 2006 - 08:56 PM

I don't get all the flaming here. griffin XXI is just posting a good deal on a hardware item for those interested. Save $20 by buying them @ CompUSA.
Some people report noticeable improvements in image quality with these monster cables (see user reviews on Amazon.com).
Another issue stems from a reportedly poor optical port on the M$ component cables. Some people report that their optical cables do not fit secruly in the port, that it falls out, etc. If you are experiencing this problem and like Monster cables, then this is a good accessory for you. This has its own optical cable and setup, so it is more secure.

#12 bonkers255

bonkers255

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 84 posts
  • Interests:Audio/video, Movies, Gaming
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 02 February 2006 - 06:11 AM

I didn't mean to flame anyone here. I was just pointing out that I don't think monster cables are worth the money. I highly doubt anyone could tell the difference in a BLIND comparison. And I know people review them well, but I don't think they are doing a blind comparison. Remember, these are also the same people who write rave reviews for Bose (so I can't really value their opinions). But if you feel the need to buy monster, enjoy yourself.

#13 tonloc79

tonloc79

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,410 posts

Posted 02 February 2006 - 06:39 AM

Good lookin out griffin XXI! Dont know why everything needs peoples opinions on shit. I appreciate it and dont let it stop you next time you see a deal! beerchug.gif

#14 BoNg420

BoNg420

X-S Messiah

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,809 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 02 February 2006 - 06:50 AM

id buy them if i had a HD tv, but i need to get a new tv first, to bad I only have like 500-600 to spend on a 27-30 inch tv, wouldnt mind a tube TV, dont care if it was a monitor or LCD or whatver. but would prefer a name brand sony or samsung or something. I would get these cables though.

Edited by BoNg420, 02 February 2006 - 06:51 AM.

#15 C o s m o

C o s m o

X-S Messiah

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,296 posts
  • Interests:The Shocker, mudbutt, luge lessons, buggery.

Posted 02 February 2006 - 03:25 PM

QUOTE(BoNg420 @ Feb 1 2006, 11:57 PM) View Post

id buy them if i had a HD tv, but i need to get a new tv first, to bad I only have like 500-600 to spend on a 27-30 inch tv, wouldnt mind a tube TV, dont care if it was a monitor or LCD or whatver. but would prefer a name brand sony or samsung or something. I would get these cables though.

SAMSUNG 26"Dynaflat Widescreen HDTV for $500
Samsung Dynaflat 32" HDTV $700
You could also check ebay...I bought my HDTV there and got a GREAT deal on it. New my set was $2100-2300. Refurbished it is $1300. I paid $500. You can find a good deal if you look around. Good luck!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users