• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 The_Chemist187

The_Chemist187

X-S Young Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 42 posts
  • Interests:im in high school and i don't have much money im also jobless<br /><br />http://www.cellphonehacks.com/viewtopic.php?p=120913&amp;highlight=#120913
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 02 February 2006 - 09:27 AM

I love to stream music from my computers to XBMC. But today i dont see "Workgroup (SMB) Network, i tried everything from giving it a new IP to the DNS servers. All i See is:

-(SMB) Network....(this is not it, because it asks me for a username and password, & to acces pictures and videos i just select "Workgroup (SMB) Network" and i can see the folders and files that im sharing on my computer)
-DVD drive
-MS Soundtracks
-Musid
-Shoutcast Rips
-Shoutcasts Top 500
-XBMSP Network Servers (Auto-Discover) {Says no servers found}

Both my computers are windows xp. I really dont know why i cant do this, when i select "My Videos"
or "My pictures" I clearly see "Workgroup (SMB) Network" and can see the computers follwed by the files. Also if i click on "my files" at the bottom i can see "Workgroup (SMB) Network" and from there i can see the computers and play the audio files. I just cant see "Workgroup (SMB) Network" on "my music" from the mail menu.

#2 alexpb1

alexpb1

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 398 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 02 February 2006 - 10:20 AM

really really simple to fix...

go into the music section, press the white button on the controller, go to "add a share" then type in "smb://" as the address, then press done. Now name it anything you like, or if you want it to be named back to what it was called, type "WORKGROUP (SMB) Network" without the quotation and then hit done.

Should be back to how it was before.

#3 The_Chemist187

The_Chemist187

X-S Young Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 42 posts
  • Interests:im in high school and i don't have much money im also jobless<br /><br />http://www.cellphonehacks.com/viewtopic.php?p=120913&amp;highlight=#120913
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 02 February 2006 - 11:31 AM

QUOTE(The_Chemist187 @ Feb 2 2006, 12:34 AM) View Post

I love to stream music from my computers to XBMC. But today i dont see "Workgroup (SMB) Network, i tried everything from giving it a new IP to the DNS servers. All i See is:

-(SMB) Network....(this is not it, because it asks me for a username and password, & to acces pictures and videos i just select "Workgroup (SMB) Network" and i can see the folders and files that im sharing on my computer)
-DVD drive
-MS Soundtracks
-Musid
-Shoutcast Rips
-Shoutcasts Top 500
-XBMSP Network Servers (Auto-Discover) {Says no servers found}

Both my computers are windows xp. I really dont know why i cant do this, when i select "My Videos"
or "My pictures" I clearly see "Workgroup (SMB) Network" and can see the computers follwed by the files. Also if i click on "my files" at the bottom i can see "Workgroup (SMB) Network" and from there i can see the computers and play the audio files. I just cant see "Workgroup (SMB) Network" on "my music" from the mail menu.

Thanks a million man your so wonderful, But i didnt have to add the "Workgroup (SMB) Network". I tried that and it didnt work, it worked just by "smb://" and it looked for networks. This time i got it, but you helped too biggrin.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users