X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,444 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 02 February 2006 - 09:05 PM

Ok so this is what happened...

About 5-10 minutes ago I was taking the trash out at work, now before I go into more detail, the office I work at is in a dense residential area, so there I was walking out holding the trash bag when I happened to look across the street and theres a woman well known to our company as shes a neighbor, holding a premium 360 box, Instantly like spidey sense, for those that like spiderman, my eye locked on to the box. I see her set the box by her trash can, now normally I would have just assumed that it was an empty box discard by the proud owner of a new 360, but today was different. I asked her what was in the box, and she proceeded to tell me about how her son got one for christmas but it started acting up and he just decided to throw it away. So I was like "I don't mean to sound forward or anything but I'll gladly buy it from you!", and I told her about how I collect broken consoles and stuff for parts, and then she told me she couldn't charge me for it because it didn't work, and just told me to take it and see if I can get use out of it. So now I am like, hell yeah, if this things warranty isnt voided and it isn't registered its going straight to ms. So I ran home since its my lunch break, plugged it up to our living room tv to see what kind of error it gives out, and low and behold it boots straight up flawlessly. Half of me wants to keep it, but half of me feels bad for the kid because it works. Now I'm stuck deciding whether or not I should return it to the kid? What should I do???

Edit: Spelling

Edited by Mjkthirdeye, 02 February 2006 - 09:09 PM.

#2 Jinkz

Jinkz

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 108 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 02 February 2006 - 09:12 PM

Dont feel bad, it IS your lucky day! The women is non the wiser and your both happy...

#3 deakphreak

deakphreak

Ting

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,432 posts
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 02 February 2006 - 09:13 PM

Id say if that family is rich enough then they can buy another one and thats your gain. Otherwise i would trust in karma and take it back over there and let them know about it. Who knows maybe she will offer you money since you "fixed" it.

#4 mgamer20o0

mgamer20o0

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,115 posts

Posted 02 February 2006 - 09:15 PM

she did give it to you its yours. you could say you fixed it and offer her money or something.

#5 woofis

woofis

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 997 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 02 February 2006 - 09:16 PM

i think this is a no brainer.... keep the 360>give it back

#6 lcapitan

lcapitan

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 318 posts

Posted 02 February 2006 - 09:17 PM

Tell her you fixed it, and more than likely she'll just let you keep it. I got a new 'broken' computer from my girlfriend's mom that way. Hehehe biggrin.gif

#7 Mjkthirdeye

Mjkthirdeye

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,444 posts

Posted 02 February 2006 - 09:21 PM

Well, it wouldn't be an issue if I hadn't already had a 360 in the first place. I guess I am gonna take it with me back to work and see if she wants it back or at a least give her some cash for it. I mean there is absolutley nothing wrong with it, in fact I want to ask if I can see where he had it placed, to see if it was just overheating?

#8 deakphreak

deakphreak

Ting

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,432 posts

Posted 02 February 2006 - 09:22 PM

Yea taking it back to her would be the best thing and either she will thank you, give you money or let you keep it but either way you will feel MUCH better about it. You dont want a 360 that everytime you look at you feel guilty about it.

#9 Mjkthirdeye

Mjkthirdeye

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,444 posts

Posted 02 February 2006 - 09:26 PM

QUOTE(deakphreak @ Feb 2 2006, 02:29 PM) View Post

You dont want a 360 that everytime you look at you feel guilty about it.

lol Yeah I don't want to look at it and have mental images of a poor kid without a 360. Oh well, I am going to head back to work, I'll let you guys know how it goes, who knows I may still get to keep it. But at least if they know it works and still let me have it, I'll feel less guilty.

Edited by Mjkthirdeye, 02 February 2006 - 09:26 PM.

#10 sstrasser86

sstrasser86

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 166 posts
  • Interests:sports, stealing music, and playin xbox

Posted 02 February 2006 - 09:27 PM

just say that you fixed it or something and offer to pay her a little bit...either way you better keep it...

#11 CattyKid

CattyKid

X-S Messiah

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,618 posts
  • Interests:Everything

Posted 02 February 2006 - 09:33 PM

Either way, that was REALLY stupid of her son. They must be loaded. If a $400 piece of equipment doesn't work, you don't just throw it out. EVER. You sell it on eBay as a nonworking item for parts, or return it to MS.
But, yeah, if they're not loaded I GUESS you should return it, maybe you'll hit the lottery. That whole "KARMA" thing may do you some good.

#12 []-[]ooDLu[]v[]

[]-[]ooDLu[]v[]

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 72 posts

Posted 02 February 2006 - 09:34 PM

im still trying to get over the fact that the woman was trying to throw a premium away...no matter how rich u are, how could u throw something so beautiful and powerful in the trash...its like throwing a baby away and going back to ur normal life...it just aint right...

#13 Mjkthirdeye

Mjkthirdeye

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,444 posts

Posted 02 February 2006 - 09:52 PM

Oh Hell Yeah! The 360 stays with me!

I went back over to her house and told her about it, but on the way I stopped by the bank and got some cash out just in case. I was telling her if she'd like she can have it back or if possible I'd pay for it, but she still insisted I keep it. Her son is at school so I couldn't ask him about it, but I did get a look at where he kept it, because I wanted to see for myself what kind of environment or stresses this poor things been through lol, but it looks like he took good care of it, so that was a relief. But I still felt bad about keeping it since I didn't get to talk to the kid himself. So on the way out, I left 50 bucks with his mom to give to him and I told her that I couldn't just take a perfectly good 1 month old $400 investment for free like that. Oh well all in all its still a hell of a deal I think

-[]ooDLu[]v[]' date='Feb 2 2006, 02:41 PM' post='3225951']
im still trying to get over the fact that the woman was trying to throw a premium away...no matter how rich u are, how could u throw something so beautiful and powerful in the trash...its like throwing a baby away and going back to ur normal life...it just aint right...

lol That's what I thought when I first saw the box.

#14 deakphreak

deakphreak

Ting

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,432 posts

Posted 02 February 2006 - 10:22 PM

Im VERY proud of you!!! See if you do the right thing then it will work out. That was very nice of you to leave the $50. I bet she will give it back to you lol That is a great deal and good job on that find.

#15 wtk pro l

wtk pro l

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 122 posts

Posted 02 February 2006 - 10:26 PM

wow, u are a very considerate man. i wouldnt have thought twice about keeping it.

i honor you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users