The Grim Gopher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,483 posts
  • Interests:enjoying life.
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 03 February 2006 - 01:49 PM

Hey Guys, got an idea id like to share, i found the fan from a gamecube i once had, which is now in various bits lying around my room, anyway, this fan is tiny (see included picture) i guess its pretty much a standard 50mm fan but thats not the point.

IPB Image

Now ive had a quick look and i fully belive that a fan this small could fit nicely onto the heatsink as an intake fan. Its thin enough to sit on the heatsink without interfering with the capacitors. Since the sucker runs off 12v powering it wouldnt be a problem. and i dont see any issues with screwing the fan to the heatsink, like you would with a pc.

it's just an idea straight off the top of my head but have a look and tell me what you think, if this has already been covered in another topic i apologise, surely this would help cooling a bit, especially if youve replaced the stock fans with less powerful ones and dont want to do the 12v mod.

Edited by grim_d, 03 February 2006 - 01:56 PM.

#2 gangstajpimpin

gangstajpimpin

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 156 posts

Posted 03 February 2006 - 03:09 PM

Id use a different fan...get a LED one...hahahahah...good shit

#3 von_braun

von_braun

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 150 posts
  • Interests:films, gaming, modding.
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 03 February 2006 - 03:30 PM

Great idea, ive always thought that an intake fan on the 360 would realy help heat issues.
You could put it right next to the intake vents as apossed to next to the heat sink, it would bring in more cool air for the whole box to use.

#4 grim_d

grim_d

The Grim Gopher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,483 posts
  • Interests:enjoying life.

Posted 03 February 2006 - 03:38 PM

QUOTE(von_braun @ Feb 3 2006, 02:37 PM) View Post

Great idea, ive always thought that an intake fan on the 360 would realy help heat issues.
You could put it right next to the intake vents as apossed to next to the heat sink, it would bring in more cool air for the whole box to use.

i dont think theres enough room anywhere else, with all them capacitors on the board, right on the heatsink is about the only place i can see where it wuld fit, but that just looking through my windows. ill have a good look 2morrow when i put my new cathodes in.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users