• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 danger_gamer

danger_gamer

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 February 2006 - 09:53 PM

I recently got a new SpiderGX modchip. I want to know what else do I need other then the SpiderGX supplied wires and torx screwdriver. Are these enough to do the mod. I am confused about reading aboutt he dashboards and all. In the SpiderGX manual it says that it will automatically configure itself so do I need to install a separate bios or dashboard like Evo X or Spider OS. Any info or help on this is greatly appreciated. Also wanted to Know that is this chip good. Does it work well with Xbox version 1.6 and higher as mine is sure a 1.6+ version.

Edited by danger_gamer, 03 February 2006 - 09:56 PM.

#2 HackDaBox

HackDaBox

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,783 posts
  • Interests:XBOX-SCENE
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 04 February 2006 - 03:29 AM

Hi there ,

The spider gx chip does have its own operating system which gives you a few tools to configure your xbox and flash the bios banks. But you will still need to flash a hacked bios and install a replacement dashboard like Evox / UnleashX etc. This chip is not reliable on V1.6 consoles and alot of people are still havingf issues getting their to work at all or to work 100%. If you have not started to install this chip i would get a exchange now , get a Xenium Spice or X3 and you wont regret it. For any modchip you will need torx 20 and orx 10 screwsrivers. A torx 15 screwdriver is also required for a hdd upgrade. You will need a few more items for the spider gx but most of them should be available in your house anyway.

Solderless Mods Extra tools:

tweezers
magnifying glass
patience
alcohol ( for you - not the job )
time ... lots of it

HackDaBox !

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users