Master X

X-S Hacker

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,010 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 05 February 2006 - 07:40 AM

For "English" assistance they should have some who speaks English normally not someone who I have problems understanding. You havent covered nothing, you just said the reason for her accent is because if a spanish person phones and again its "English Assistance".

#17 Mario4885

Mario4885

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 260 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 06 February 2006 - 05:30 AM

try the two inch drop method, works 75% of the time for me.

dont ask about the other 25%

#18 deakphreak

deakphreak

Ting

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,432 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 06 February 2006 - 04:59 PM

no dont drop it or anything... and i work at a call center for USPS. Sometimes they hire new people that dont know everything and its not really their fault, its hard learning everything and being new to a call center so you need to try and be patient with some people when you call. We dont always have supervisors here and we do have 2 diff call centers in diff states, so you could have gotten one place the first call and a diff place the 2nd time so you cant be quick to call people liars. As for the lady speaking spanish, it does seem you got through the convo just fine, but if you didnt want to talk to her you could hang up and call back, but what if a spanish person called and got her then they could talk very easily.... if they got an english person then they would prolly have the same attitude as you toward the spanish speaking. Its really hard to please everybody. wink.gif

As for your issue, id suggest finding out where its at... i heard its by the dvd rom, open up your 360 and flick it a bit with your finger. when you move your 360 around can you hear it making noise or is it just quiet?

#19 Spark

Spark

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,210 posts
  • 360 version:none

Posted 06 February 2006 - 05:41 PM

Bottom line, whilst I understand MS's practice of diverting inbound calls across the western world to save on Service level average figures, it's annoying when you get through to somebody who can barely understand what you're saying to them.

If they want to divert inbound UK/Canadian calls to the US and vice-versa then fine, but they shouldn't be diverting your call to somebody in Spain, Mexico or Portugal, since this will only infuriate the average customer further anyway.

#20 Master X

Master X

X-S Hacker

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,010 posts

Posted 06 February 2006 - 05:44 PM

Let's get back to my situation....... So there is no way that I can fix this problem?

#21 deakphreak

deakphreak

Ting

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,432 posts

Posted 06 February 2006 - 05:48 PM

Im trying to help but you didnt answer my questions or my suggestion.

#22 kaz786

kaz786

X-S Member

• Validating
  • Pip
  • 107 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 06 February 2006 - 05:57 PM

i had the same problem. my 360 was verticle whilst it used to happen. then i changed it to horizontal and now the ring of light always stays where it should.

#23 Spark

Spark

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,210 posts

Posted 06 February 2006 - 06:03 PM

But that's not a fix, it was designed to be stood vertically.

I hate the way that MS have charged us top dollar for this thing, and then expect us to make do with an obviously shoddy and poorly constructed product.

#24 deakphreak

deakphreak

Ting

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,432 posts

Posted 06 February 2006 - 06:05 PM

They dont expect us to make do as you call it. Send it in for a repair or replacement, but you may as well try and fix it before you goto that extreme. I guess you couldnt open it up to play around with it or you wont be able to send it back.

#25 Vasher

Vasher

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 664 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6b

Posted 06 February 2006 - 07:37 PM

QUOTE(BoNg420 @ Feb 4 2006, 10:45 PM) View Post

maybe if you shake it for like 20 minutes it wont be confused anymore.

blink.gif The spanish "call girl"?

#26 Spark

Spark

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,210 posts

Posted 06 February 2006 - 08:02 PM

QUOTE(deakphreak @ Feb 6 2006, 07:12 PM) View Post

They dont expect us to make do as you call it. Send it in for a repair or replacement, but you may as well try and fix it before you goto that extreme. I guess you couldnt open it up to play around with it or you wont be able to send it back.

Exactly, and since their repair personnel have a reputation for being both slow and ineffective, and the customer service staff are useless, people will be hesitant to send it back until it really breaks down.

You would expect better from the world's richest corporation, but sadly, no.

#27 PONG/GEEZER

PONG/GEEZER

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 114 posts

Posted 06 February 2006 - 09:39 PM

DO NOT OPEN THE CASE. You will void any chance of MS doing any type of work without charging you. I would call back and keep pushing until someone verifies it is a known issue and they will repair it. My experience with MS is the squeaky wheel gets the grease or yes they will shaft you minus the grease if you don't push hard enough and demand results. Good luck.

#28 Master X

Master X

X-S Hacker

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,010 posts

Posted 07 February 2006 - 02:36 AM

Alright I have decided that I am going to send it back....

Before I send it I would like to know a few things:

Will they give me a new Xbox 360, refurbished, or will they just fix my console?

When I send my Xbox 360 do I need to include the power cord, video cables, and the hard drive? I do not want to give them my hard drive because it has my account with my achievements.

Will the dvd drive in the new console that I get scratch disk or will it be the same dvd drive as my old Xbox 360?

#29 deakphreak

deakphreak

Ting

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,432 posts

Posted 07 February 2006 - 02:51 AM

No one can say what they will do to it but you will get a fully working xbox in return. Do not send anything with it, why do they need it? they dont so just keep it all and who knows maybe they will send you another hard drive. Better yet wait until you file a return and do what they tell you wink.gif

#30 czdrum1

czdrum1

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 07 February 2006 - 02:57 AM

Sed it back, get a refund and buy the Grill Master 3 LOL

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users