melongstrike

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 408 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 04 February 2006 - 06:31 AM

Does everyone know the Super Bowl is this Sunday? I haven't heard much talk about it at all here and I would have expected more.

Do we not like the Steelers or Seahawks?

Anywho I am not really that big of a fan I guess the commercials and the whole wardrope mal and everthing that stemmed from that got me really disenchanted with super bowl. I may watch the game may not.

For what it's worth go .....UUUUHHMMMMMMMMMM, hell who cares

Seahawks

#2 Spency234

Spency234

LEAFS NATION

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,084 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 05 February 2006 - 12:00 AM

Well the Steelers definately seem to be the favorite for whatever reason, and also the emotional favorite due to Bettis.

I gotta go with Seattle though because as SOON as the Colts were out I started saying Seahawks all the way, and I'm going to stick with that.

#3 melongstrike

melongstrike

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 408 posts

Posted 06 February 2006 - 04:16 AM

Steelers are super Bowl XL winners ..... WHAT A BORING GAME!, but congrats to Bettis

#4 WhatsArules?

WhatsArules?

X-S Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 83 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 06 February 2006 - 04:45 AM

Defence on both sides were to good

#5 _iffy

_iffy

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 412 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 06 February 2006 - 04:55 AM

Bettis retired

#6 wtk pro l

wtk pro l

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 122 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3

Posted 06 February 2006 - 05:06 AM

did he? i fell asleep towards the end, but woke up when hines ward got the mvp.

#7 bluedeath

bluedeath

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 62 posts

Posted 06 February 2006 - 06:06 AM

After viewing the steelers practicing their "Disney World" speeches commercial playing in the first half combined with the unbelievably one sided calls I would say that the outcome of that game was decided a week ago. The plays made in the second half by the seahawks suggested that they had been told in no uncertain terms to take a dive. Everything else is rigged why not this? Billions of dollars at stake.. Besides the last thing they wanted were riots in Detroit.

#8 makaveli91

makaveli91

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 952 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 06 February 2006 - 08:11 AM

I wouldn't say there were too many lopsided calls against the seahawks. The calls that were blown that made any difference were the TD by Roethlisburger, and the TD that the seahawks got that they called offensive pass interference. Other than that, not too many. The refs were good on the out of bounds catches by the hawks too. It would have been a closer game if the hawks had've made two missed field goals. I know the score wouldn't add up, but it could have changed momentum and led to a different outcome. Jist of it, both teams played well and had some shitty plays.

#9 chorizo1

chorizo1

X-S Seraphic

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,883 posts

Posted 09 February 2006 - 12:56 AM

QUOTE(makaveli91 @ Feb 6 2006, 01:18 AM) View Post

I wouldn't say there were too many lopsided calls against the seahawks. The calls that were blown that made any difference were the TD by Roethlisburger, and the TD that the seahawks got that they called offensive pass interference.

That would have made the score 17-14 in favor of the seahawks. I'm not claiming a conspiracy or anything, it's just the same shitty officiating alot of games have been getting the past couple of years.
I had no preference on which team won, but wished that these shitty calls hadn't tainted one teams victory. The fans deserved a "clear" winner.

NOTE: Big Ben even admitted in Letterman that he didn't think he made it over the goalline.

#10 Rylinkus

Rylinkus

X-S Hacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,606 posts

Posted 10 February 2006 - 01:45 AM

QUOTE(chorizo1 @ Feb 9 2006, 01:03 AM) View Post

That would have made the score 17-14 in favor of the seahawks. I'm not claiming a conspiracy or anything, it's just the same shitty officiating alot of games have been getting the past couple of years.
I had no preference on which team won, but wished that these shitty calls hadn't tainted one teams victory. The fans deserved a "clear" winner.
NOTE: Big Ben even admitted in Letterman that he didn't think he made it over the goalline.

The phantom hold was BS as well and that penalty on the tackle by Hasselbeck was utter BS. Let me explain to you why the Superbowl blew.

1. The refs should never be the biggest stars of the game
2. The commercials sucked
3. The Stones were AWFUL. Did you see the flaps of skin hanging off the arms? Ick....
4. Singing the National Anthem requires multiple people? It's that strenuous a task?
5. That DR. Suess thing was lame.
6. Former NFL MVPs without the Bradshaw and Montana????? blink.gif I dont care the reason. Ya gotta have em. Lock em down, pay them what you need to, or don't have it. It's like a Bulls reunion without Jordan and Pippen, but hey we got Cartright and Longley.

7. The REFs.....
I don't care what anyone say, they took away any chance Seattle had of winning. Seattle may not have the better team, but on that day they clearly were the better team. They had less turnovers, more offensive yards, won time of possession, and had the better QB. No team in the history of the NFL has managed all that and lost. I'm not saying conspiracy or that it was caused, but clearly the refs had far too much influence on that game which is sad.

Edited by Rylinkus, 11 February 2006 - 04:50 AM.

#11 bluedeath

bluedeath

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 62 posts

Posted 11 February 2006 - 01:59 AM

I could not agree more.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users