tylord

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 66 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 04 February 2006 - 11:34 AM

I have called, no one picks up the phone, i have emailed, no one replies. What the XXXX is going on with them? Why are they letting there rep fall to pieces like this? The help-forums are almost totally dead. And the few new customers that they are getting who are having troubles with there chips are not getting any help. Where is the support? I've got lot's of respect for this company, but it's fading fast...

Edited by tylord, 04 February 2006 - 11:39 AM.

#2 tihspeed

tihspeed

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 247 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 04 February 2006 - 05:56 PM

Like I said in another thread I think its because they have been flooded with calls concerning their solderless 1.6 adapter not working so to circumvent these troubles they have simply stopped answering their phone. I even resorted to calling british columbia...... please don't try this my cell phone bill was huge and nobody even picked up.

#3 tylord

tylord

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 66 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2

Posted 07 February 2006 - 02:56 AM

lol, i live in BC, so it's not that big of a deal. I've been calling them alot lately, to no avail. It's really weird. The help-forums are almost completely dead too.

#4 majik

majik

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 April 2006 - 04:37 AM

I think its all you solderless adapter people ;-) I ordered an X-chip Mar 6. A day later, email receipt.. maybe 3 or 4 days later... chip arrives, solder up the LPC and vola! The solderless rocks like hell anyway... (or at least the original did... can't say anything about the new one) go for pin-header! just my $0.02

#5 braden

braden

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 April 2006 - 04:23 AM

this company is very weird. I ordered an XChip from them on the 7th of April. As of today, the 18th, still nothing. I have tried calling SO many times no answer. They would hang up on me when I called. I called *67 and FINALLY got an answer and they told me it was lost in the mail and that they would ship me a new one. GOD, I hope I get it. I'm VERY nervous about this purchase and their company.

#6 tihspeed

tihspeed

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 247 posts

Posted 20 April 2006 - 05:12 AM

Don't be worried about your purchase... easy buy is a good company that has a huge problem answering their phone. I've purchased a bunch of chips from them and have had no problems.

#7 Heet

Heet

X-S Knowledgebase

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,965 posts
  • Interests:Pina coladas and getting caught in the rain. Disk space.
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 11 May 2006 - 12:06 AM

Who told you that? Its the shittiest chip company period and always has been.

Good luck.

#8 tihspeed

tihspeed

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 247 posts

Posted 11 May 2006 - 01:49 AM

while im sure there are people out there that would readily agree with you. Easy Buy is none the less a pretty good chip company over all. Their chips work as advertized, more than I can say for some companies. The only thing that gives them a bad rep is that they havn't answered their phone in a while. So their customer support needs a little attention. With the release of the three sixty frankly i'm not in the least bit suprised that they've stoped answering their phone. Why have all that staff on hand for a chip that is basically outdated(they could always release a chip with a fresh coat of paint and call it new and improved). Business has to have slowed down so they let go of some of the personnel and it happens to be in the place most needed in time of a crisis. All questions have been answered here time and time again. Don't get me wrong if i made a purchase of chips and they got lost in the mail i'd be pretty pissed that they didn't arrive(i've never had this happen to me), but on the whole there are little problems other than the fact they have crappy customer service. So.... the question you asked is who told me that Easy Buy was a good company and it would be nobody, i judged Easy Buy on my purchases i've made with them in the past. I had one problem with the company and it turned out to be a problem with my credit card. I got a hold of them after a few phone calls and the problem was solved. Typically a person that has been in the forum as long as you have, with as many posts as you have gives good advice on a whole. My first instinct is always to believe someone with so much time spent in this forum. So what im basically saying is there more to the comment that "Its the shittiest chip company period and always has been."? Did you see or have you delt with bunches of people getting smoked on deals made with Easy Buy? Have you yourself made a purchase from Easy Buy? Do the chips purhased from Easy Buy not work as they are intended to? What makes Easy Buy such a bad company their chips or their Customer Service, or both? Questions have surfaced in other threads i've read in other areas of this forum about somone posting positive material about something they think works well for them(the person seemed a little sketchy). No,I don't work for the company, if i did i would fix the telephone problem. The X-chip works "well" for me. It dosn't have all the bells or whisles other chips have. I don't really need a LCD screen installed in the frount of my xbox, and the chip installs without soldering(if you so choose). I'm just interested in why you revive a month old post only to take a jab at a company. No slam at you I just want to know your reason. I've looked into purchasing from a new company to get a new chip and doing a little reseach led me to the fact that I really like the way my chip operates. I like the way it installs, the way i flash it, the ability to move from bio to bio, the really "cool" X on the top jester.gif .... well that part might be gay but over all its way easier to use than any other chip i've looked into. Please feel free to elaborate, like i said no jab intended... i'm just asking for a little more info

Edited by tihspeed, 11 May 2006 - 01:51 AM.

#9 Heet

Heet

X-S Knowledgebase

• 4,965 posts

Posted 11 May 2006 - 04:25 AM

No offense, but ive been visiting this site for almost 5 years and from what ive seen, the company just sucks ass. Too many episodes of complete incompetence to list.

Even if I was on an island with an xbox and no chip, and sleazybuy was the only company that could send one to me, I'd figure out another way. If I didnt know what a softmod was I'd learn real quick.

Ya their chips work as advertised. If and when you get them.....

Edited by Heet, 11 May 2006 - 04:26 AM.

#10 tihspeed

tihspeed

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 247 posts

Posted 14 May 2006 - 02:54 AM

aaawwwww...... a soft modder..... thank you for your positive comments.

#11 Heet

Heet

X-S Knowledgebase

• 4,965 posts

Posted 15 May 2006 - 06:57 AM

Huh? Nope, got a few Xeniums and the rest are TSOP's.

#12 rastiemon

rastiemon

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 80 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 20 May 2006 - 05:22 PM

lmao whats wrong with softmodding anyways, I am with heet on this one I have known way to many people that have major problem's with easybuy. Their customer service is horrible. I made the mistake of ordering a chip from them once. After 2 weeks and no shipping I decided to cancel my order which took another week to get my money back. They charged me before shipping. I always wondered why xs even advertises for them.

STAY AWAY FROM EASYBUY. just read the modchip resellers forum you will see tons of shit like this

#13 funkydude101

funkydude101

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 30 May 2006 - 07:09 PM

I just purchased an XLITE and a VGA convertor from easybuy

I put through my order...Never did get a confirmation e-mail...thought maybe a bug so I waited a week. Tried to get a hold of them to see if my order went through. I've ordered from them several times before so I didn't think anything of it. I put through an order the following week. That time I got a confirmation e-mail. I received my package later in the week.

3 days LATER I check my Visa bill and it was billed, not once but TWICE for $136

I've been trying to call and e-mail non stop. But I get no response what-so-ever about refunding my credit card.

I will keep you posted about this but I recommend for now NOT TO BUY from easybuy2000

#14 Heet

Heet

X-S Knowledgebase

• 4,965 posts

Posted 31 May 2006 - 03:38 AM

I rest my case.

You people ordering from them should just put your cash through a paper shredder and then run outside and throw it around like confetti.

It'd be much more fun and you get the benefit of exercise to boot!

Oh and rastiemon, sure miss R63 wit u guys smile.gif

rolleyes.gif

Edited by Heet, 31 May 2006 - 03:40 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users