5 replies to this topic

#1 italaranian

italaranian

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 February 2006 - 08:57 PM

I have modded several xboxs, but this is my first 1.6b

I got the 5 leds shining bright on the adapter.
I installed the X-Lite and got the cromwell screen.
I flashed the chip w/ xchip_v1.3-1.6box_only.bin via HTTP
But now when i turn on the XBOX i get the MS error message 16 (which is dashboard error).
I read that DIP#2 on SWITCH#2 should put the x-lite into recovery mode to re-flash...but nothing...none of the leds on the x-lite, that are controlled by SWITCH#2, work...

I'm baffled...what can i do?

when i remove the x-lite completely and turn on the XBOX, I still get the same MS error message 16...which means nothing changes w/ or without the x-lite mounted...its as if the x-lite is not even being picked-up.

I didn't get the usb connector in my package from EB2K, so please suggest options that does not involve USB.

You help is greatly apprecited.

Regards,

J.

#2 tihspeed

tihspeed

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 247 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 05 February 2006 - 07:43 AM

I'd order the USB adapter that's three dollars and while I wait I'd contact the help forums threw easy buy and maybe get some answers there... this place is like a ghost town....

#3 wolfcat007

wolfcat007

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 06 February 2006 - 09:53 PM

QUOTE(italaranian @ Feb 4 2006, 12:04 PM) View Post

I have modded several xboxs, but this is my first 1.6b

I got the 5 leds shining bright on the adapter.
I installed the X-Lite and got the cromwell screen.
I flashed the chip w/ xchip_v1.3-1.6box_only.bin via HTTP
But now when i turn on the XBOX i get the MS error message 16 (which is dashboard error).
I read that DIP#2 on SWITCH#2 should put the x-lite into recovery mode to re-flash...but nothing...none of the leds on the x-lite, that are controlled by SWITCH#2, work...

I'm baffled...what can i do?

when i remove the x-lite completely and turn on the XBOX, I still get the same MS error message 16...which means nothing changes w/ or without the x-lite mounted...its as if the x-lite is not even being picked-up.

I didn't get the usb connector in my package from EB2K, so please suggest options that does not involve USB.

You help is greatly apprecited.

Regards,

J.

Oh this isn't good. I just bought the damn X-Lite v. 1.6 with the solderless adapter. Does this not work.. did i just waste money on crap from EB2K?

#4 mitchell2345

mitchell2345

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 124 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 26 February 2006 - 10:06 PM

the x-lite WILL work on the 1.6 i have installed 4 or so. First yes, you did waste your money on the Solderless adapter. those things are nothing but headaches. Follow the instructions and solder the chip on. its much more secure and works like a charm. The instrucitons have one minor flaw with the x-lite the +5v should be connected to the Lframe on the chip.

Dont worry about soldering. take you time, double check and you will be fine. Its not as hard as it looks.

#5 a94cobra

a94cobra

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 149 posts

Posted 24 December 2006 - 01:20 AM

Can you explain more on the X-lite and LFrame setup?

#6 a94cobra

a94cobra

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 149 posts

Posted 27 December 2006 - 05:39 AM

Got it figured out. X-Lite on a 1.6 xBox uses the Lframe connection on the chip instead of the D0 connection. Same wire from the xBox D0 location.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users